Re: SKY UK Skin + Cool Tv Guide

if you have the skin itself installed, unpack this, and FTP all files to the SKY.HD folder, located in usr/share/enigma2. the skin.xml will prompt you to overwrite, choose yes, its up to you if you want to backup the original first, its always best practise to.

after sending the files over, restart enigma, and youll have the edited menu screen / setup screen, edited coolTV guide screen (if using the one with mini TV and 10 channels), the channel selection screen is edited, the infobar is edited, the 2nd infobar is edited (and works), the plugin browser screen is edited, the 'message box' yes/no screen is edited, and works, the recording list screen is edited, and thats all i can think of off the top of my head

im planning on editing the infobar again, now ive learned a little more about how some things interact with each other, to give the 'now, next, after' just like sly has, and will be editing the timer screen to turn it into a 'personal planner' screen next

YOU MUST HAVE ABELLS SKIN INSTALLED FOR THESE EDITS TO WORK!!!

Attachments

• HS SKIN EDITS.rar
    258.2 KB · Views: 31
V0.6

New Recording selection screen
Scrollbar now is yellow
Fixed description in second epg and picon position
Updated second epg screen
New epg selection screen
Running text in description of channel list
Other stuff

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-skin-skyhd_0.6_all.rar
    3.4 MB · Views: 65
V0.6

so in effect there are 2 skins.if i install the dididude one 0.5 its allthe same apart from now and next.
if i install this one it has no now and next,?

No 1 skin all Digi has done is add some modifications :)

Sent from my iPhone

No 1 skin all Digi has done is add some modifications :)

Sent from my iPhone

yeah i know the base is the same digi skin is not the same as the one you posted have installed them both to try.
i installed digis skin and you posted v06 of the original which dont have now and next etc..if you get what i mean so they are infact 2 different skins with the same base...I can not install v06 over digis v05...bugger im lost its one or the other.....

Edit think i got it now...the one you pointed me to is the update of the original...i have installed digis modded ipk one v.05
when i installed the original v6 on top of digi v.05 nowt happened.I thought the updated one was an update of the one i installed the digi v.05.so in essence 2 skins same base one modded the unmodded has been updated to v.06 while digis is still at v.05.....boy i need some sleep...

Last edited:
Digis modded skin is based on V5 :)
new skin is V6
not tried that one myself

Digis modded skin is based on V5 :)
new skin is V6
not tried that one myself

I will stick with the v5 Digi mod.The new v6 is plain with no now and next or picons on now and next just has a skyHD picon for all channels etc. but having read all the posts you can install the 6 then ftp over the mod folder i think.

just noticed as well being on Vix there is no cooltv guild installed and not in plugins as they have it built in epg so need to know where i can put the cooltv guild files to change epg to the sky lookie likie.

EDIT:got a feeling for Vix would need to extract the EPG files from image and have them modded separate to get them sky lookie likie then overwrite them....

Last edited:
Sorry this took a long time to upload. My ipk creator is not working for some reason so you will just have to overwrite the old files using dcc.

v0.7
Massive update to cool tv guide. Looks A lot more like sky now :)
Added new buttons
Now and next in second infobar screen
New movie selection screen. 'Sky planner'
New record icon

Sorry but it will not upload

Attachments

• SKY.HDv0.7.zip
    964.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited by a moderator:
Arrggg looks like its not compatible with blackhole so i cant test the skin.

Sorry this took a long time to upload. My ipk creator is not working for some reason so you will just have to overwrite the old files using dcc.

v0.7
Massive update to cool tv guide. Looks A lot more like sky now :)
Added new buttons
Now and next in second infobar screen
New movie selection screen. 'Sky planner'
New record icon

Sorry but it will not upload

Hello
adell431

will this work on 4D image: openpli-enigma2-3.0-tmnanooe-linux-kernel-3.5.3?
iv been able to load the ipk vo.6 but cool epg dont look the same as yours? the infobar look's same though
i cant get the new xml file to make any differance? it could be me doing somthing wrong?
great work on it man very cool :)

Hello
All

I got the skin to work on my nano using v0.7 ipk :)
iv uploaded the ipk file of v0.7 to download center for any one that wants to use it, its not my work but done buy digi.
hears a link to v0.7 ipk file: SKY UK Skin + Cool Tv Guide - Downloads - Digitalworldz
hope this helps :)
@adell431 if you want any testing done on the nano, singal, twin, 2T let me know and ill test any part you want-need?
thanks for the hard work its very good :)

Last edited by a moderator:
the skin doesnt work properly for me it displays like this, am I missing something? grab.jpg

youre missing the secondinfobar.png graphic, or its uploaded to the wrong place m8

does the ipk not install all graphics needed then? I thought the later versions did, do i still need the files from post 1 I'm guessing then?

will this work on 800hd? any particular image required?

Back