Rat's Picons Latest 2014-02-03 - errors and omissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corin

Inactive User
Reaction score
The picon for BBC Yorkshire and Lincolnshire on 10788 V (SID 10303) file 1_0_1_283F_7FE_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png is captioned "East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire" which is incorrect. The official name of the region as used by the BBC is just "Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. See <BBC One - Look North (Yorkshire and Lincolnshire)> and <BBC One - Inside Out Yorkshire and Lincolnshire>.

Lyngsat is not authoritative on the names of BBC regions, whereas the BBC is.

The picon for BBC Yorkshire and North Midlands on 10803 V (SID 6451) file is a copy of the above file and therefore does not shew the correct region name "Yorkshire and North Midlands".

The BBC style for regional names is not all upper case but mixed case and it would be nice if the picons for all of BBC English regions adopted the same official style, as is the case for the picons of the services for the national regions Wales and Scotland.

There is no picon for ITV Meridian South East +1 on 10758 V (SID 10101) - file 1_0_1_2775_7FC_2:11A0000_0_0_0.png is missing.

The picon for ITV Westcountry South West +1 on 10891 H (SID 101253) file 1_0_1_278D_805_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png is wrong; it is the picon of UTV +1.

There is no picon for STV West on 10906 V (SID 10220) - file 1_0_1_27EC_806_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png is missing.

There is no picon for STV North on 10906 V (SID 10210) - file 1_0_1_27E2_806:2:11A0000:0_0_0_0.png is missing.

The picon file for Propeller on 11343 V (SID 55270) file 1_0_1_D7E6_900_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png is wrong; it is the picon of Universal Channel.

There is no picon for LBP on 11428 H (SID 10554) - file 1_0_1_293A_90B_3B_11A0000_0_0_0.png is missing.

The above errors and omissions marr what is otherwise an excellent and comprehensive picon package for the ["worthwhile"] stations transmitted at 28,2° East.

:thankz:

Well Your welcome to make them yourself and post to help others out.

Well Your welcome to make them yourself and post to help others out.

Thank you for your response which could be interpreted as meaning that errors and omissions to Rat's Picons should not be reported here.

I was under the mistaken impression that reporting bugs in the Rat's picons would be encouraged.

If the person releasing Rat's Picons is not interested in bug reports or fixing the problems, then the solution is a simple one of using another and better picon packgage.

Thank you for your encouragement to consider the alternatives.

you will not get any better picons than rats if you want to try some different picons Picons

Thank you for your response which could be interpreted as meaning that errors and omissions to Rat's Picons should not be reported here.

I was under the mistaken impression that reporting bugs in the Rat's picons would be encouraged.

If the person releasing Rat's Picons is not interested in bug reports or fixing the problems, then the solution is a simple one of using another and better picon packgage.

Well look at it this way Rat is London Region so firstly is area comes first, the rest just follow on, if somebody post nicely he gets them sorted, but the way your posting make me think (TRADER ALERT) as its not just 1 picon your going on about its a few from all regions Hum(EBAY Seller comes to mind.)

Must be losing customers :)

SORRY thread closed.

Thanks for your suggestions @Corin I will look at what you have pointed out and fix ready for the next update :)

Last edited by a moderator:

@Corin I think it was more of the tone of your post, rather than the constructive criticism of your post that people have issues with. Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already:

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/who-you-6/

Regards,

snapman

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back