RANGERS v CELTIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
just checked newsnow for both celtic and rangers stories not one mention of neil lennon showing any disrespect but the folk on here still moan... offcourse its nothing to do with the result boys..

get it right roon ye :)

just do a quick google and you will find loads http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=222114
Lennon not out for the minutes silence - Jambos Kickback
http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/137718-celtic-coaching-staff-miss-minute-silence/
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?200709-Neil-Lennon-and-the-minute-s-silence.
some of the comments in there are too kind.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gck4rt8gsZU[/ame]

Last edited:
och well if pieandbovril are covering the story thats different!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sMSaUErAY4]YouTube - Typical Rangers Fan[/ame]

offcourse rangers are rangers fans are all perfect... think its really poor john that you honestly think lennon would do such a thing.. think deep down you know its not true but just looking for something to deflect from the fact yer team is gash..

och well as im not getting a bite going to bed....

:) ps rab and jth you got another cpl of months of this lol

Thats funny, because I am sure you disappareared for a week when you lost last time? lol Be the bigger man colin, and just accept you won. No need for all this gloating!

john as i have said before your a top bloke but if you really think any sane person bearing in mind even the clowns in the green brigade showed they could keep quiet and pay respects do you really honestly think neil lennon in anyway shape or form cant? you really think he is in the dressing room with Pro IRA songs on the iphone saying im not paying my respects?? is that what you really think of him?

John, chill mate. Dont rise to it. Your team lost mate, no need to get into a slanging match. Its just a game at end of the day.

could an admin check how many times i posted with a gers avatar? its not true i didnt come on after the last game.

could an admin check how many times i posted with a gers avatar? its not true i didnt come on after the last game.

you can check your own posts Colin, if you know the date your avatar was changed, it's easy enough to go back through your posts and they are in date order. so if you didn't post for a few days or a week after the match it would show up. :)

Following his side's 2-0 win at Ibrox, Lennon shook hands with every other Rangers player but snarled at Kyle Lafferty and exchanged a few angry words with his countryman.

all because of some harmless banter on Lafferty's twitter page after the last old firm game.

Aye one classy guy.

has anyone else noticed Georgios Samaras only plays 2 good games a year?

and they only seem to happen when the transfer window opens.

err your avatar is still very blue looking Rab, should it not be green by now? :banana:

I was under the impression that JTH avy was not changing till after today as a mark of respect or am i a day out.

On a more serious note i watched with tears in my eyes the role call of the fallen on that fateful day and it was very sad and poinient. Names and family it makes it all the more real. real people real lives lost real families greaved.
Puts all this into perspective

I was under the impression that JTH avy was not changing till after today as a mark of respect or am i a day out.

On a more serious note i watched with tears in my eyes the role call of the fallen on that fateful day and it was very sad and poinient. Names and family it makes it all the more real. real people real lives lost real families greaved.
Puts all this into perspective

Yep i watched it to, and watching family members walking down with the names being called out was very sad, like you say puts it all into perspective..

996D32D4d01.jpg

IBROX was a poignant place of reflection and commemoration today as the 66 who lost their lives in the 1971 Disaster were remembered at a special service.

Relatives of those who lost their lives where joined by friends and supporters who paid their respects.

Walter Smith and John Greig at the memorial serviceThe Rangers first team squad was there along with the management team and directors as well as players from the era, representatives of the services and the football authorities.

Men like Colin Stein, Willie Henderson, Ronnie McKinnon and Alfie Conn were there along with old rivals Billy McNeill, Tom Callaghan and Willie O'Neill.

Celtic were officially represented by chairman John Reid, chief executive Peter Lawwell and manager Neil Lennon.

The moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland John Cairns Christie was present along with Mario Conti, the Archbishop of Glasgow, the Lord Provost of Glasgow Bob Winter and Deputy First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.

Directors, first team players and a nominated member of the families were led from the Main Stand to the Govan East Corner by pipers just before 11am and then the Reverend Stuart MacQuarrie, who stood on the Copland Road terracing that fateful day 40 years ago, welcomed everyone to the service.

Chief Executive Martin Bain spoke eloquently of the terrible sense of loss and why it is so important to remember those who went to the Old Firm derby that day and never returned after the horrendous crush on Stairway 13.

Sandy Jardine, who played in the 1-1 draw in 1971, read Isaiah Chapter 40, verses 25 -31 while director John McClelland read 1st Corinthians chapter 13.

The Glasgow Philharmonic Male Voice Choir then sang the Lord's Prayer and lifelong supporter Ian Loch, who escaped the horrors of the crush as a 19-year-old, recited Bill Struth's famous speech To Be A Ranger.

There then followed the Act of Commemoration when manager Walter Smith and John Greig, captain in the 1971 game, read out the names of victims from 1971 and two from 1961.

Family members and players and ex-players including Davie Weir, Lee McCulloch, Derek Johnstone, Colin Stein and Willie Henderson then laid flowers. Celtic chairman John Reid then laid a wreath.

There then followed a two-minute silence as close to 5000 inside Ibrox paid their respects.

Following the benediction the main party then began to make their exit and applause broke out among the attendees.

It had been a fitting tribute to those who will always be remembered.

for small renumeration i can supply the game on dvd in glorious high definition......

give you new wank material colin ;)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

john as i have said before your a top bloke but if you really think any sane person bearing in mind even the clowns in the green brigade showed they could keep quiet and pay respects do you really honestly think neil lennon in anyway shape or form cant? you really think he is in the dressing room with Pro IRA songs on the iphone saying im not paying my respects?? is that what you really think of him?

Some bad crack on this thread, Yes, Lennon certainly should have made it to trackside but for whatever reason he didn't. To suggest he done to disrespect the dead is below contempt. He was at full the memorial service today FFS. Anyone with an ounce of human decency would have paid there respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back