Rafa - Dead man walking

Ive thought for a long while now that Rafa,s a lucky manager To be honest i just cant work out what he,s doing He was telling everyone his rotation policy will make us stronger in the second half of the league WELL that hasn't worked has it and now he is starting to pick a reasonably settled side he,s got the wrong players in it Crouch was our top scorer last year and cant get a game this year but Kuyt is in every week !!

yeah that kuyt works really hard but im not a great fan but he might need some time to adjust still ???

but to lose to a 90 minute penalty is a little unlucky does not even give you a chance to come back :(

Exactly m8. Don't be surprised if Crouch signs for someone else before the deadline. I hope doesn't but he reminds me of Houllier with Fowler. No matter how many goals Fowler scored he would be dropped for the next game.In the end he had enough and signed for Leeds.

Thats my worry about the man He could end up driving good players out the club I mean he thought Crouch was good enough to pay £11 mill for him and he stuck with him when he wasn't scoring Then he bangs the goals in and gets dropped the next season ?

Personnally I like Kuyt, very honest, hardworking player, but you would never believe that he had a goalscoring pedigree before he joined us. He scored 71 goals in 101 appearances for feyenoord before he joined us, so you can understand why Rafa wants to keep playing him to restore his confidence in front of goal.

Maybe though in retrospect he should have let him restore his confidence in the reserves !

Thought Torres was particularly poor tonight, but it would be harsh to pick him out in an overall poor team display.

I think liverpool were unlucky, had chances but didnt put them away generally that results in being punished, which is what happend, am a man u fan but still fink it was unlucky, my poor nephew was heart broken! I think rafa is very tactical but sometimes does not do the simple things right i.e. if players are scoring and have confidence let them play there confidence will rub off on other players n bring the teams general moral up, i ratekuyt but rafa is killing him puthim in the reserves let him have no pressure n start finding the back of the net! Babel should def be starting he just needs a bit more time n i think he will be leathel!

WE ARE NOT IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS MAN U, CHELSEA IN A MONEY SENSE AND now ARSENAL WITH WENGer GETTIN TOP CLASS PLAYER FOR 99 p WE ARE FOOKED.The only championship we will win is if we do a leeds.

to be honest i knw wot you mean, but if you remember when utd got taken over we were in 700-800 million in debt or something people were like this is gonna kill utd we wont have any money to spend on players etc..

but if you look at livapool less debt still good turnover, has been able to purchase players

its just rafa being rafa, livapool in my opinion had a good formula with torres crouch gerrad, but then he started his usuall rotation scheme which just messes the flow up arsenal man u spurs n other teams have good runs n performances coz the players play week in week out with each other so knw wot the player will do in a given scenario i.e. gell together, rooney tevez everyone said wont work after 2 -3 games they werent realy firing but look at them now they are almost intuative of one another, livapool just had a poor run thats all just as man u did at beginning of season, still along way to go arsenal n man u could start having serious injuries resulting in losses draws which allows chel n liverpool too up there game n get in so i woudlnt count them out just yet

Wasn't Fergie a dead man walking a few years ago, before he won the F.A cup?
I reckon Rafa deserves full backing until, Liverpool are out of all competitions.
And I do believe that we are still in 3

Erm looks like we are down to one

Rafa doesn't seem to learn

Well I bet you can all guess what I am going to post.

Don't blame Rafa cos the players didn't take the multiple chances they had. We had 31 shots, 20 on target, 14 corners and 60% of the possesion. Their keeper played outstanding.

We constantly see calls for Babel and Crouch to play...well they did today and last week. Rafa didnt play Torres but he was injured last week so we are not sure if he is fit, Gerrard was left on bench but Alonso was back so besides Gerrard what more could Rafa have done...does he need to go onto the pitch and score for them.

Players should be ashamed of themselves and Rafa will get the blame. I am not saying he is faultless but on this occassion its not his fault (imho)

Well I bet you can all guess what I am going to post.

Don't blame Rafa cos the players didn't take the multiple chances they had. We had 31 shots, 20 on target, 14 corners and 60% of the possesion. Their keeper played outstanding.

We constantly see calls for Babel and Crouch to play...well they did today and last week. Rafa didnt play Torres but he was injured last week so we are not sure if he is fit, Gerrard was left on bench but Alonso was back so besides Gerrard what more could Rafa have done...does he need to go onto the pitch and score for them.

Players should be ashamed of themselves and Rafa will get the blame. I am not saying he is faultless but on this occassion its not his fault (imho)

If he plays his strongest team and gets beat no-one can blame him.
But every time he plays a weakened side he comes unstuck
Once might be unlucky, but he should have learned by now

If he plays his strongest team and gets beat no-one can blame him.
But every time he plays a weakened side he comes unstuck
Once might be unlucky, but he should have learned by now

I know what your saying but it isnt always about playing your strongest team, today we were playing Barnsley.

Manyoo played their strongest team against City last week and got beat, this week they are not playing their strongest team and are beating Asenal 2-0. My son supports Manu...shame on him but he moaned and groaned before the match cos Ronaldo isnt playing and the team Fegie picked but now he is smiling like a cheshire cat and has forgtten about Ronaldo not playing.

Rafa played a team which should have won, ffs it was like the Alamo in the 2nd half but we didnt take our chances.

It's not just yesterday's game, but if you look over the season so far we've played so many poor games this year. After the investment over the summer we should be showing more consistency, instead all we are seeing are more lacklustre performances. His squad selection and tactics court contraversy every time now, it's not just the public but also footballing experts week in/week out - they can't all be wrong!

As for yesteday's debacle, we conceeded two goals yesterday so it wasn't just a single sucker punch at the end. Results speak for themselves, we were poor against Luton, poor against Havant & Waterlooville and poor again yesterday. How much longer can we go on blaming everyone but the manager?

Jaffa players might not be taken their chances in front of goal but lets not forget Raffa bought these players. They are obviously not good enough to wear the red shirt as they lack quality we need. And you can only get away with rotation if you have quality instilled in the side which we clearly dont have and he's known this for a while yet he still persists with it.

nothings been going right since paco left :( Rafa got no right hand man and is struggling to cope on his own.
gutted :(

I agree its been one hell of a poor season and Rafa's rotation policy hasn't helped but all I am saying about yesterday is that we cant keep blaming the manager, he has took the flek all season because the players are playing rubbish. He did buy them but that is not an excuse for them missing blatant chances like they did yesterday. We are simply not good enough and need better players. Rafa recouped a lot of the money he spent in the summer and the players he did buy are the type of players we need, Torres, Babel, Yosi.

The buck stops with Rafa though but I feel the players are to blame quite a bit this season.

@seeker...exactly m8, we had our best start ever in the prem and then Paco left and the wheels fell off.

wel champions league is our last chance to win something this season!

this has been rafa worst year but i feel a lot o things out of his control has affected the results on the pitch.

i for one hope he stays as i remember where we was before he came. he has won a lot since his been here and made steady progress in the league (until this year)

i really dont know what we wil gain by sacking him...

i hope he stays!!!

Back