Racism on site

i think ive worked it out by myself, as nobody would actually answer

everyone from the middle east, except those from pakistan, is a racist

if im called english, irish, or anything else, ill simply correct the person, but if anyone from middle eastern origin, who is not a pakistani, is called one, they instantly fly off the handle, therefor they must have massive issues with pakistanis purely based upon where theyre from, but, they can easily 'pass the buck' for where the racial hatred lies, by caling someone else the racist

untill a better logical answer comes along, i honestly think ive creacked it

I didn't start this thread. I contributed to it, as did many others, and expressed a point of view.

This is a forum, that's what people do on forums.

If you don't agree with the format. Why are you here?

But thats just it you contribute nothing, you try and take the moral high ground, which has been shot to pieces already in this thread.
No one cares what you think as pot, kettle has been highlighted, double standards with you Nara.

Emerald ,
You have hardly contributed at all to this thread , you have only come on and posted to stir shit and ruffle feathers.....again !!!
I mean , ive no beef with you and never have had , but i cant see what you are tryin to achieve here.

To be honest this thread isn't going anywhere anyway. I think all the points that needed to be made have been, some people take offence to racist jokes while others find it annoying that some people don't see it as 'just a joke' maybe they should only appear in the adult room that way those who want to see the questionable content can do so on request and those who find it offensive can ask themselves "if I don't like it, why am I in the naughty adult room" Basically apon sleeping on it that's what I've changed my opinion to lol

Last edited:
Really, if I remember right were you not going to leave again, I think you have posted that a few times, maybe this would be a good time to go.

If you read the post that you seem to be refering to you will see it concerned a reluctance to post after a certain incident. There was no mention of leaving or a wish to leave.

Ok i give up i admit defeat :( Crack on and enjoy Stickys racist vile shite jokes if thats what floats your boats. Theres a lot more to do on this forum so i will just stick him on ignore and thats my head in the bucket of sand. @ Our Pakistani members sorry if you have to put up with this shite but dont let it put you off the forum as there are some really good people on here.

Ok i give up i admit defeat :( Crack on and enjoy Stickys racist vile shite jokes if thats what floats your boats. Theres a lot more to do on this forum so i will just stick him on ignore and thats my head in the bucket of sand. @ Our Pakistani members sorry if you have to put up with this shite but dont let it put you off the forum as there are some really good people on here.

Ian mate it took 266 posts and 2 days to work that out :Laugh:

Congratulations sticky you won the case keep posting mate. @IANB it was never a war just a voice of opinion don't be hard on yourself our continental friends know the score now so they either like it or ignore it,that's it plain and simple.

Really??? Then he who is without sin is 'safe' ... ?

Ooops - should have included 'she', transgender, it, 'of unknown or vague gender' - sorry, not intentional :)
Easy: Then they who are without sin is 'safe'. ;)
20 pages later, and im still waiting for those who get offended by shortening the word pakistani to paki to answer the 2 genuine questions that i posted

or will nobody answer the first one, as they KNOW the most racist remark there is the taffy one, and nobody will answer the second one as they dont want to be called a racist for saying that the rest of the middle east hates pakistanis?
Referring to a non-Pakistani as a Pakistani is ignorant, but not necessarily racist. Calling someone with ignorance of your culture or religion a racist isn't going to stop those ignorances either.

In general, the term paki is racist. Why? Because persons of Pakistani heritage are generally offended by it. Recently, however, much like black people have "taken back" the word nigger, young Anglo-Pakistanis (to coin a phrase) can be heard referring to themselves as pakis. Indeed some Pakistanis have no problem with their non-Pakistani friends calling them paki, but would take offence to being called the same by a guy on the street.

With jokes it's more to do with context, malice and intent. If the joke is racially malicious then, it's racist. If the intent of the joke is to offend the race it's about, then it's racist. Racially insensitive jokes (e.g. those that play to stereotypes) aren't intended to be racist but can still offend - in primary school I was taught the local variant of "bud-bud, ding-ding, £2.99" by a Bangladeshi lad, but I wouldn't sing it now.

Last edited:

Referring to a non-Pakistani as a Pakistani is ignorant, but not necessarily racist. Calling some one with ignorance of your culture or religion a racist isn't going to stop those ignorances.

In general, the term paki is racist. Why? Because persons of Pakistani heritage are generally offended by it. Recently, however, much like black people have "taken back" the word nigger, young Anglo-Pakistanis (to coin a phrase) can be heard referring to themselves as pakis. Some Pakistani persons have no problem with their non-Pakistani friends calling them paki, but would take offence to being called the same by a guy on the street.

With jokes it's more to do with context, malice and intent. If the joke is racially malicious then, it's racist. If the intent of the joke is to offend, then it's racist. Racially insensitive jokes (e.g. those that play to stereotypes) aren't intended to be racist but can still offend - in primary school I was taught the local variant of "bud-bud, ding-ding, £2.99" by a Bangladeshi lad, but I wouldn't sing it now.

Go on little pob give us a song and cheer us all up :)

Referring to a non-Pakistani as a Pakistani is ignorant, but not necessarily racist. Calling someone with ignorance of your culture or religion a racist isn't going to stop those ignorances either.

In general, the term paki is racist. Why? Because persons of Pakistani heritage are generally offended by it. Recently, however, much like black people have "taken back" the word nigger, young Anglo-Pakistanis (to coin a phrase) can be heard referring to themselves as pakis. Indeed some Pakistanis have no problem with their non-Pakistani friends calling them paki, but would take offence to being called the same by a guy on the street.

With jokes it's more to do with context, malice and intent. If the joke is racially malicious then, it's racist. If the intent of the joke is to offend the race it's about, then it's racist. Racially insensitive jokes (e.g. those that play to stereotypes) aren't intended to be racist but can still offend - in primary school I was taught the local variant of "bud-bud, ding-ding, £2.99" by a Bangladeshi lad, but I wouldn't sing it now.

what you have posted reinforces pretty much what i said m8, the person who sees it as racist will depend on the person hearing it, but, it still does not answer the original question
im welsh, and get called english when im elsewhere, and have NO problem with it at all, and it often leads to a discussion about the UK and its different 'countries'

but, if someone from the middle eastern area (or who looks like they originate from there), is not necessarially 'called' a paki with any malicious intent, then all hell breaks loose

theres even jokes floating about (indian and pakistani baby mix up for example) where other middle eastern cultures are dead set against pakistanis

now, i have a couple (admittadly not many, but i live in the middle of nowhere) of friends with middle eastern origins, and this is something that i AM going to ask, but WHY is everyone else from the middle east, so offended, with genuinly being mixed up with being a pakistani? it has to be racist, theres no logical reason for why so much offense is caused

lol i'll add to get it 30 pages and beyond...

i sorta defended him well no i didnt defend him i defended the fact that a joke isnt necessarily racist..

but on the flip side ive got to admit not to seeing any of the jokes posted on here by him as i got fed up hitting new posts to see loads of them posted so i put him on ignore...(sorry stick fingers nothing personal i just dont wanna log in to read jokes).

are we at 30 pages yet?

Back