Question for PhantOm + Intro...

Zorch

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

As this is my first proper post/question on this forum... I would like to further introduce myself to the Technomate forum... I have followed protocol and already introduced myself generally in the 'Who are you?' section of the board...

I would expect that some of the DW members may already know me... as I have posted quite a lot of 'Fringe Reception' reports on 'another' satellite forum...

So before I ask my first question on the forum... I will elaborate on my introduction a wee bit...

I really enjoy the 'Fringe Reception' area of our hobby... in fact I would probably say that it is my primary reason for my continued interest in our hobby... although it is always a nice added bonus when the otherwise unobtainable channels also become available to us via the use of 'PhantOm's excellent/innovative EMU patches or via the Diablo cam...

I live in the UK 'North Midlands' and I use a TM 6800 HD Super+ and a TM 5400 CI USB (non-super) in conjunction with a Fibo 1.20m x 1.35m Dual-Offset Gregorian Antenna and an Inverto Black Pro C120 Single Flange LNB (0.2dB)... my arc ranges from 30.0°W to 57.0°E... my Fibo dish was erected @ June/July 1993 and is still going strong today (touch wood)... truely an amazing dish!!

I have absolutely no interest in CS... nor any other variant enabled on the Technomate receivers (although this is most definately of interest to other Technomate owners)... however I am more interested in the development of the Technomate receiver and it's potentional in regard to the field of 'Feedhunting'/'Fringe Reception'...

My ultimate/dream Technomate receiver would be one that could blind scan/decode 4:2:2 signals in DVB-S/S2 (8PSK/16APSK)

OK enough waffle... I will now ask my first question on the forum...

Q/ Would it be possible for 'PhantOm' to make a programming amendment to the 'Blind Search' menu in his patches... specifically those aimed at the newer Technomate HD models...

I will explain a bit further... eg. when I use my TM 5400 CI USB (non-super) to blind scan Eutelsat W6 at 21.6°E... I can set the S/R to search Fast/Detail/7.5M Over/7.5M Under/3.7M Under...

But when I use my TM 6800 HD Super+ to 'Blind Scan' there are no such settings available for S/R... therefore I get nearly all of the frequencies from the (very powerful) neighbouring Astra 3B at 23.5°E scanning in... which is a pain...

So... would it be possible for 'PhantOm' to address this issue in his next series of patches...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Back