question about the key change regarding funcards

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
at the moment im using funcards 4, im still using chaos v3 as the flash and ex eep .bin file i edited with my bk and ird and new dates.

I changed the keys with the new ones and got all the channels back. I was wondering if anyone could answer these questions

1 - i take it when this updates next it will go off again as the keys arent automatically updating?

2 - how come my funcard using au files didnt update with the latest keys

3 - Is there or will there be a fix so i dont have to change the keys all the time

4 - how oftern will the keys change

I got family txt me and i dont want to go around everywere collecting there cards to do all of them again and then go off soon.

many thanks

at the moment im using funcards 4, im still using chaos v3 as the flash and ex eep .bin file i edited with my bk and ird and new dates.

I changed the keys with the new ones and got all the channels back. I was wondering if anyone could answer these questions

1 - i take it when this updates next it will go off again as the keys arent automatically updating?

3 - Is there or will there be a fix so i dont have to change the keys all the time

4 - how oftern will the keys change

I got family txt me and i dont want to go around everywere collecting there cards to do all of them again and then go off soon.

many thanks

have you posted this twice or am i going mad...
good questions
dont think the au shaos should work...? but if you say it does then it must, but am interested to find out how

yep

The method that is programmed to the card is no longer vaild , as the key roll method has changed

yep som brain will surly crack it but for now wait or change the keys every time they roll

4 - how oftern will the keys change ,

who knows , i'll say atleast 1-2 a day

many thanks

Hope that helps

yeah i used the chaos v3 as my flash, edited my .bin file in nagraedit put in the new keys, checked my dates and programmed my funcard, and it worked.

I got to many people in the family who now got a box and i dont know if its worth me collecting them all just to give them back and go off in a few days.

ah so its best to leave friends and family alone until this is cracked as im not going every few days to do there cards lol

leave them where they are till thing smooth out , there might be more to come

yeah i used the chaos v3 as my flash, edited my .bin file in nagraedit put in the new keys, checked my dates and programmed my funcard, and it worked.

I got to many people in the family who now got a box and i dont know if its worth me collecting them all just to give them back and go off in a few days.

ah so its best to leave friends and family alone until this is cracked as im not going every few days to do there cards lol

You might as well collect the cards in mate, then when/if a fix is found you have the cards to work on.

Everyone is only getting the FTA's anyway unless you mod the bin file so might as well ?

what i would do is tell them to buy a fun card programmer and show them how to update there cards themself then when they go down they can keep putting keys in themself.And if fix come out tell them how to do it lets face it its not hard.They might like this idea as they would not need torely on you. Send them along to this great site after all its not just great for cable many other great things here

what i would do is tell them to buy a fun card programmer and show them how to update there cards themself then when they go down they can keep putting keys in themself.And if fix come out tell them how to do it lets face it its not hard.They might like this idea as they would not need torely on you. Send them along to this great site after all its not just great for cable many other great things here

lol i dont think my grandmother would grasp how to do a card let alone turn a pc on :)

keys have changed again i take it for pure ntl

anyone know the latest ones?

many thanks

incase anyone wants to know

key 1 has been changed i was told, works now but for how long lol

the keychange is sent as a string of data, code on the card is installed to trap the keychange string and extract the new keys then write them to the apporpriate place on the card. all goes fine untill they change the method for the keychange the trap code no longer recognises the new keychange string so no auto update

i know all about that all i said was they key 0 hasnt changed they have just changed key 1 in pure area.

After reprogramming it with the new key it works a treat for now, the extra cp part hasnt been updated mind

Will the first person who gets the new current keys please PM a mod to get the CP updated or make an Rst int eep and post it or you can PM me or someone else who can update the Rst int eep the latest keys in Pure and TW only so they can do it if you cant.

Clive.

i did just send rat the keys for the update

update rat will update the extra cp when he gets back from work, if it still working by then lol

Last edited:
Im Gona Take A Stab In The Dark That This Is Related To The Issue I Now Have With Both My Boxes?

Was Watching The Footy Last Night (itv, Fantastic Game Aswell) And When I Went To Put It On Sky Sports It Was Just A Black Screen. I Did A Reboot And Now It Just Gets Stuck On Tune. Im In A Pure Ntl Area Using A Fun 4 And Pace 4001.

The Other Box Is A Pace 4001 With Pure Ntl And A Mosc Card. It Went Off Sayin That I Was Not Subscribed And I Changed The Dates, N Now Its Just A Black Screen.

Can Some1 Please Help Me Out With These As I Cant Even Get The Freeview.

those keys didnt last long, this is going to get more frequent if you ask me.

I would either wait for a fix or get a mosc card. Changing the keys all the time and comming on here asking 24/7 start to frustrate a few lol

the new keys that were given out today have change, au funcards no longer update the keys so a new file has to be made, some brainy, handsome, intelligent bloke will fix it soon :) lol

Back