PSP Upgrade Help

max10

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a few problems with my PSP and wanted some advice.

I am currently on version 1.5 and tryed several times to load 3.40ao alex firmware. Upon loading it keeps crashing and the screen goes black.

Can somebody give me a easy guide to upgrade to version 3.03/3.30.

One final question if verison 3.03/3.30 crashes on me (screen goes black after loading) can i still downgrade back to 1.5 through the recovery menu.

Thanks in advance

have you tried the easy installer? here http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/1335/

format you memory stick, run the installer and choose the path of your PSP.

when the installer has finished copying the files to your PSP goto the game/memory stick and run the updater.

3.30oe should'nt crash on you but yes you can go back to 1.5 easy using the recovery menu.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am currently on version 1.5 and tryed several times to load 3.40ao alex firmware. Upon loading it keeps crashing and the screen goes black.

One final question if verison 3.03/3.30 crashes on me (screen goes black after loading) can i still downgrade back to 1.5 through the recovery menu.

Thanks in advance

when u say screen goes black,have u tried pressing the brightness button?

Thanks in advance

There are two different easy installers for 3.40oe software ...firstly make sure you have the right version....one is for 1.5 versions and the other is for exsisting oe users...
You will not only have to have the unit fully charged (Min of 75% on battery before you attempt the flash and a good idea is to have the mains adaptor plugged in also)
Format your memory card and then restore the unit to default settings....this means you'll have to reset the time/name/time zone etc but then you can connect and run the easy installer.
Is you unit a import running 1.5 firmware or have you downdated it from original firmware as some of the 3.03 downgrades leave file residue which will cause problems when upgrading again....Dark Alex(oe author) will proberly release a cleaner for these files in the future.

i have tried everything still no luck, the only thing i did not do was format the memory card before i opened the easy installer? any help please

max10 tell us step by step what u are doing and maybe one of the guys can pick up on something u may be doing wrong :)

i have used a 1 gb memory and a 4gb memory card same problem. i downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade to 3.40 OE-A when i switch on blue error message comes saying restore default settings, when i was on 3.40 OE-A and it was working fine i restored default settings. then on this problem has happened.

i have installed version 3.O2 OE-A and it is fine only problem i have which is a big problem, i can not go on to my system settings, or web bowser. a blue error message comes on asking me to restore system settings. i get a error message saying " an internal error has occurred. 8008271D" that comes up when i go to system settings and video settings (may be in other options not sure). when i go to web browser blue error screen comes on telling me to restore settings

HELP ME Please

i have used a 1 gb memory and a 4gb memory card same problem. i downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade to 3.40 OE-A when i switch on blue error message comes saying restore default settings, when i was on 3.40 OE-A and it was working fine i restored default settings. then on this problem has happened.

i have installed version 3.O2 OE-A and it is fine only problem i have which is a big problem, i can not go on to my system settings, or web bowser. a blue error message comes on asking me to restore system settings. i get a error message saying " an internal error has occurred. 8008271D" that comes up when i go to system settings and video settings (may be in other options not sure). when i go to web browser blue error screen comes on telling me to restore settings

HELP ME Please

does it allow you to restore system settings on 3.O2 OE-A

only when the error message comes up but i read that you should not restore settings on custom firmwares

Last edited:
restore them,i did it everytime i have upgraded,that should sort out the problem

i would stick with any if they work. i have not tried 3.30 OE-A

i have did it always when i have upgraded but same problem

have you previously had devhook on the psp,just a hunch but it writes to flash aswell could be the problem

Back