PSP Firmware v3.02 Open Edition

the recovery is awsome its alot easier than downgrading using the photo menu option ;) (normal)

bloody my brothers psp i swear took around 20-30 times reboot to get the red screen it was well fooking annoying and took over an hour

anyway

hi , not sure if this is in the right place or not i bought my son a 1.50 psp and it has got quite a few games with it and emulaters but when he tries to play a new game like cars that he got as a pressie for xmas it says you must upgrade to play this, what i would like to know is do i have to load this psp open edition to enable him to play all games or is there more to it than that, i am sorry if all this has been asked before but i have just not got a clue
thanks for the help loaded the dev hook and can now use the newer games in his psp, glad it is all fairly straightforward as i cant even play the games but to my son its like a walk in the park .

0.51 devhook sort`d

i guy`s got mine working late last nite after trying everything all of a sudden the files i put in work and let me install the devhook firmware (wudn`t let me b4) so all sortd (WAT A TWAT) i know sum of u guys av done it with no probs but it`s not like i don`t know my way round a PSP and i`ve struggled to get the files loaded to do the job ther ment to ???? but sort`d now : bart :

OK guys i need some help. I had a psp that was originally 1.50, upgraded that to 2.71 stupidly. well, by reading stuff on here and researching, i managed to get it down to 1.50 again. i installed the 3.02 version A. i tried taking it to 3.02 version B but i couldnt because the file i downloaded from download section says i gotta copy it to the psp/gam150 folder except i didnt have that folder in my psp. i have psp/game271. so i formatted my memory card, now i have a memory card with all the original folders in them. the mproot, music, pictures, videos and so on. but in the system information it still says its a 3.02 oe-a firware. now this is the bit i need help in. where do i go from there? any help is very much appreciated.

can you still play all your iso from memory card under 3.02b and in the installer do i have to run it 2 times or just pick the install the recovery folder for 1.50

...sorry last question, where do i put my umd backups and psx backups?

i wnt to know that answer as well i have downloaded a game for the net and i need to no where to put the key.bin and eboot.pbp files cheers

i found out. the ISO's go in the ISO folder, when you do the updates through the programs in downloads section it actually puts a file thats says "your iso file goes here" and same with psx backups. i think its game150 folder you create another folder and put ur file in there. if you get an error message, check the thread below that is titled "for those of you running the ps1 games got a Q" and check my last post.

hope this helps.

I DESPERATELY need a guide for this 3.02 oeb , what do i need? there is no installer. HELP

thanks

p.s. do i need 3.02oe-a first ????? im very confused!

Last edited:
what firmware you running now? in the new psp download section there is and auto installer for both 1.50 and 2.71SE. make sure u have the right one. then when its run, its a case for updating on the psp as normal.

when thats upgraded you can get the OE-B and update

I have just downgraded last night from 2.80 and I have 1.50. I know have devhook 0.46.

What else do I need?

as this is my first psp that the mrs got me for xmas ive been considering upgrading to this since i first saw the thread, i think ive now got enough courage to do it:Laugh:
after reading and reading there is just 1 question left for me, if i put iso's on different memory sticks can i just swap the MS and play the game on 3.02 or do you have to keep deleting and rewriting games to the same card?

as long as the stucture is the same it should be fine. The 3.02oe firmware doesn't take anything from the memory stick, it's flashed to the psp itself, so as long as its in the ISO folder it should be fine.

thanks. your a gent.

well i thought i only had 1 question but now ive just found out i have the mobo with ic1003 (TA-082 i believe) but with 1.5 fw on.
i take it it's still safe to flash 3.02 and downgrade to 1.50 if needed?.

I don't know a lot about TA082's but I'm gonna have to find out soon. My wifes cousin has just got one at Argos fw2.71. But as far as I'm aware, it should be ok. Does that convince you :)
And you mean flash to 3.02OE don't you

Back