PSP Firmware v3.02 Open Edition

Which option takes it back to 1.5?

"To enter in recovery menu, press R when power on the psp.
The recovery mode lets to set options, and it lets to recover potential bricks...

Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP. This is what currently enables to recover a semi-bricked psp (e.g. the vsh doesn't show, but you can reach the recovery mode). Despite being in the game folder, that program will be executed in 1.50 kernel, so if even 3.02 kernel is destroyed, that program can be run."

^^ From readme.

You just need to copy the official 1.50 firmware update to the PSP\GAME\RECOVERY folder and rename it "update.pbp" without quotes and then do the above. Interestingly, you can reflash to 3.02 OE-A by copying the EBOOT.PBP of oeflasher to /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP along with the DATA.DXAR file, and run it through recovery.

Hope this helps.

also when you enter recovery mode you have to enable this function for it to work

start recovery mode as stated and then enter configuration

when in ther go to autorun program at PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PHP and click X this enables the re-boot then go back out and click on

Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP and follow instuction and u`ll be back at 1.50

Dark_AleX with the best gift of all Christmas morning — 3.02 OE-B! As you’re probably aware OE-B allows the emulation of any PSX (PSOne) title; whether it be downloaded from the online PS3 store or obtained by some other means. You’ll need 3.02 OE-A flashed first in order to upgrade.

Quoted from the Readme:

This is the update from OE-A to OE-B.

Place the folder OEB_UPDATE inside /PSP/GAME150 and run it.

The update will take a very little time, since it only updates the files needed.

The new addition of this update is the ability of playing your own psx games, using the provided tool (popstation) to convert them.

Although, a feature that was in OE-A and i forgot to comment:

You can use plugins in psx games. Just create a file called pops.txt inside seplugins, with the path of your modules.

Have a look at “psx_readme.txt” and “popstation/readme.txt” for more information regarding the conversion of PSX titles.

www.psp-hacks.com

am i doing something wrong i cant get it to update it goes to start up screen then switches off all time im running it on 2.71 se-b at the momont do i have to downgrade again or what on memory stick it comes up with 3.02 de-a firmware install but when i press it it just goes to psp screen then switches off ???????:lovestory

am i doing something wrong i cant get it to update it goes to start up screen then switches off all time im running it on 2.71 se-b at the momont do i have to downgrade again or what on memory stick it comes up with 3.02 de-a firmware install but when i press it it just goes to psp screen then switches off ???????:lovestory

I believe there are 2 editions. One for 1.5 users, and the other for SE-B. I would suggest visiting a psp site, and checkin if you have the correct version.

i`ve tried both as i have to psp and not got it working yet and one of my psp`s won`t let any easy installers work it STOPS AT ISO & CSO FILES GO IN HERE ??? tied loads of times reformatted card and removed battery / gone back to 1.50 removed bat and tried from start but only easy installer i can get to work is 0.46 devhook ??? wat i `do is complete the install on my other psp and then copy and paste all the correct files into the one that won`t work get round it like that ( little tip :- when ever i do an update or install new firmware i copy the folders it installs and keep for future ref.. )

i`ve installed 3.02 devhook no probs just not with easy installer

it seems to hang at that point for a while, just leave it going, it will finish eventually, mine did.

left it hanging for bout 40 mins i`ve done my other psp no probs hung ther for a while but moved on ?? got the 3.02 OE-A install in mem stick - installed it but then it shut psp down ??? each time i went to restart BLANK SCREEN so rebooted and went back to 1.50 seems alot of work to me !! or do i have to extract files and manually put them in there places ??? cos i thought i was using THE EASY installer so it wud do that for me but not on mine ANY POINTERS on wer i`ve gone wrong guys ??? ( don`t want to play ps1 games anyway got loads of em and console )

hi , not sure if this is in the right place or not i bought my son a 1.50 psp and it has got quite a few games with it and emulaters but when he tries to play a new game like cars that he got as a pressie for xmas it says you must upgrade to play this, what i would like to know is do i have to load this psp open edition to enable him to play all games or is there more to it than that, i am sorry if all this has been asked before but i have just not got a clue

hi m8 if you go to the sticky section at top of page and look in devhook u just need the 0.46 easy installer follow instuction and wen install if u read the posts i`m sure i explained how u use it and load the firmware ( i`ts very easy honest any probs let me know ok ) u don`t need the 3.02OE-A version for cars

This might be a noob question, but can u downgrade a firmware 3.02e custom firmware back to 1.5? and if so how?

Thank you

the 3.02 OE firmware has a recovery menu.

from cold start hold the R shoulder button and turn psp on. you have the recovery menu here which allows you to run the 1.50 eboot

So if you do the recovery thing you can go back to 1.5 if you wanted to delete 3.02 oe ?

Back