PSP Firmware v3.02 Open Edition

janobi

Janet to us
VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW: PSP Firmware v3.02 Open Edition Official Released - Play Backup PSX games!!!

Without a doubt, this is one of the BEST Xmas gifts PSP hackers could've wished for. Dark_Alex has just released his PSP firmware v3.02 OE at his official forum thread. The MAJOR new features of this release is that the official PSone emulator's DRM has been hacked. The purpose of this is the legitimate play of backups in your other psp's, without the requeriment of a ps3 that you could have bricked/sold or whatever. In addition this amazing firmware adds a great number of features and builds on 2.71 SE-C by including UMD-VIDEO Region free, PSP kernel Region selector, O/X button selector, WMA enabeling option and Flash player Enableing option!

3.02 OE supports psx downloaded games from ps3store to be backuped and played on other psp systems.

The purpose of this is the legitimate play of backups in your other psp's, without the requeriment
of a ps3 that you could have bricked/sold or whatever.

I'm not responsable of any bad use that you can do by the use of this feature, you are on your own, remember.

Instructions to play psx backuped games from ps3store.
Let be A and B two different psp's.

1) Buy a game and transfer it from PS3 to A.
Here a little note: if you already trasnfered the game to A using devhook, DELETE THE GAME
AND DO IT AGAIN.

2) Run it.

If you receive an error that starts of the form 0xCAXXXXXX, then something is wrong with your
licenses, or your memory stick.

If you receive an error 0x80000004, then this may be on of the following:

* You are using the up nand of the UP modchip (see up issue below)
* An unknown error.

If all goes succesfully, your game will be played, and a file called "KEYS.BIN" will be generated
at same directory than the EBOOT.PBP of the game.

3) Transfer all the content of the directory where the game is (e.g. /PSP/GAME/SCUS00000) to your PSP B.
You don't need to transfer the license files.

4) You can now run it in your PSP B. The KEYS.BIN file is the responsable of allowing this, and it
lets whatever psp to run the game. Use this only for legal purposes

im just waiting for my bat to charge then ill be flashing. have a couple of ps1 games to test with too

Just done my psp. Worked first time, and was easy to do. Have downloaded Crash Bandicoot (ps1 game) for it and it plays it fine. Got it of projectpsp if you want it: multi :

??

Just done my psp. Worked first time, and was easy to do. Have downloaded Crash Bandicoot (ps1 game) for it and it plays it fine. Got it of projectpsp if you want it: multi :

MATE HOW DO I UPGRADE MINE> I PAID A GUY £20.00 TO DO IT BUT I THINK ITS NOT GOT THE LATEST UPDATE ON IT?

Go to psp-hacks.com and download the 3.02 oe-a installer (its just down the page abit) pick which version you need and run it when its downloaded. Its 30 meg b t w.
Its a doddle to install mate. When its finished just drop the £20 in the post to me............ lol:Laugh:
hope its some help:Laugh:

i am lost

Go to psp-hacks.com and download the 3.02 oe-a installer (its just down the page abit) pick which version you need and run it when its downloaded. Its 30 meg b t w.
Its a doddle to install mate. When its finished just drop the £20 in the post to me............ lol:Laugh:
hope its some help:Laugh:

mine is firmware 2.0.1 when i got it. a mate then did the hack thing and its got dev hook?? on it now.

so wot do i need to do? i tried to flay fifa07 and it wouldnt play.

ur not gunna play owt in 2.01 mode m8 even if devhook is installed wat u need to do is upgrade 1st to 2.71 then use easy downgrader its file is in the sticky m8 very simple to do usb connect and select drive and then start it will down grade u to 1.50 that is the firmware u need to play backs ok

once ur in 1.50 then u need to download devhook 0.46 or higher 0.51 i suggest 0.46 to get used to ur psp 1st it plays nearly everygame out ( a few new ones require higher thses days but not many) the devhook easy installer it is in the stickys also when u install that u only want to install the 1st and 2nd part of it ok that will sort u out reboot psp and go to mem stick and u will c the devhook icon click on that it will open up a screen u need to select firmware (2.71) and the click umd and ur game iso`s should be in ther select ur game and then click start and ur away m8 hope u follow all that if u get stuck just hollow ok i`m around all nite good luck

once ur in 1.50 then u need to download devhook 0.46 or higher 0.51 i suggest 0.46 to get used to ur psp 1st it plays nearly everygame out ( a few new ones require higher thses days but not many) the devhook easy installer it is in the stickys also when u install that u only want to install the 1st and 2nd part of it ok that will sort u out reboot psp and go to mem stick and u will c the devhook icon click on that it will open up a screen u need to select firmware (2.71) and the click umd and ur game iso`s should be in ther select ur game and then click start and ur away m8 hope u follow all that if u get stuck just hollow ok i`m around all nite good luck

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
OK I WENT IN TO GAMES ON MY MEM STICK THEN SCROLLED DOWN TO DEVHOOK I THINK 0.50 OR SOMETHING!!! THEN I HAD A BLACK SCREEN AYING DEV HOOK VER 0.50 BY BOOSTER.
ON THE LIST I HAD.
FIRMWARE 2.71 MS AND MS+FLASH
FIRMWARE 2.80 MS OR FLASH&MS
FIRMWARE 2.82 MS OR FLASH + MS
FW2.71 NORMAL ALL SETTINGS

WHICXH ONE DO I NEED?

go to system settings and scroll down to systen information and c wat firmware it says if ur on 1.50 and ur running devhook 0.51 then ur fine just when u load devhook select firmware 2.71flash and ur iso and start ,, remember the place wer ur umd is will take bout 5-10 secs b4 loading then u shud c the game in ther that u selected not sure on changing iso`s over cos not running that mode but i`m sure some one will tell u the short cut for this ok

ok

go to system settings and scroll down to systen information and c wat firmware it says if ur on 1.50 and ur running devhook 0.51 then ur fine just when u load devhook select firmware 2.71flash and ur iso and start ,, remember the place wer ur umd is will take bout 5-10 secs b4 loading then u shud c the game in ther that u selected not sure on changing iso`s over cos not running that mode but i`m sure some one will tell u the short cut for this ok

done that and it says system software 2.71 se-c

well i`m in se-b mode not upgraded yet happy stayn here wen in se- mode when u load ur iso`s in mem stick they will appear as soon as u click on mem stick all iso`s u`ve put in shud be ther very simple u don`t need to load devhook to play games just click on icon and wait for it to load and play m8 just make sure ur iso`s are in a folder in MS_ROOT in a folder named ISO ok

i was on SE-C but upgraded from that. been playing a couple of ps1 games and they bring back memories haha

I'm very impressed with the PSP Firmware v3.02 Open Edition. One question though. How do you remove it if you wish to use something else?

well i`m in se-b mode not upgraded yet happy stayn here wen in se- mode when u load ur iso`s in mem stick they will appear as soon as u click on mem stick all iso`s u`ve put in shud be ther very simple u don`t need to load devhook to play games just click on icon and wait for it to load and play m8 just make sure ur iso`s are in a folder in MS_ROOT in a folder named ISO ok

sorted mate thanks for ya help!!!1

Back