ps3 or x360

LukeS

New Member ++
Reaction score
Are there any comparisions of the 360 and ps3 ? I have a ps2 at the moment and thinking about getting a ps3 or 360.

the 360 has a million more games than the ps3, but the ps3 has the built in bluray player, which would seperately set u bk 400quid, the ps3 will only get better and it wnt b long till the 360 is in its shadow i believe!!!

Can the ps3 be modded or chipped to be able to play backup games ?: spook :

just now the xbox360 is a better bet as a games console. give the ps3 a year and the xbox360 will be well behind the ps3 in what it can do.(my opinion) so if you are going to buy one soon, then i would buy the xbox360 only for the fact it has alot more games. and you can play copies on it. if you wait to round about christma then there maybe a lot of good deals going around for the ps3.

woolworths are doing the ps3 2 games, 2 bluray movies and extra controller for £375, which is a very good deal

the ps3 has not been hacked yet, so no you cant play copied games.

I own both the consoles and the PS3 just collects dust. BR discs are too expensive and 360 games are FOC with a simple mod. A no brainer IMO

With the money you save build a HTPC to watch all your HD movies as the 360 is crap as a media centre

I agree with Munkey, I got both and most games are just ports so i just play backups on my 360 and use my pc to watch HD films on the tv, so all you need is a half decent pc 360, and do a lot of reading up on DWz

Microsoft treats 360 owners like mugs...

Microsoft sell you a game, but you have to pay extra to use the online features, ie x-box live....don't let Microsoft mug you off like that...

PS3, you buy a game that has online capabilities as long as you have broadband you can play online as soon as you open the game, no need to PAY.

Microsoft is showing its true colours, revenue streams and constant revenue streams is what the 360 is about.....basically money....

Okay I'm sure Sony is just as bad, but at least they don't charge you to use the full features of a game.....

Right now, I wouldn't waste my money on a PS3 as it would just gather dust, wait until the price drops a bit and there are a few decent games for it, currently the 360 is king.

Right now, I wouldn't waste my money on a PS3 as it would just gather dust, wait until the price drops a bit and there are a few decent games for it, currently the 360 is king.

lol cant really say much more than that.. there is nothing to do with a ps3 at the min apart from look at it. Any decent games are already out on the 360 and backups are not expensive lol

Microsoft sell you a game, but you have to pay extra to use the online features, ie x-box live....don't let Microsoft mug you off like that...

PS3, you buy a game that has online capabilities as long as you have broadband you can play online as soon as you open the game, no need to PAY.

Microsoft is showing its true colours, revenue streams and constant revenue streams is what the 360 is about.....basically money....

Okay I'm sure Sony is just as bad, but at least they don't charge you to use the full features of a game.....

IMO the £40 a year for xbox live is well worth it, for me its all about the multiplayer and from what i gather the online for ps3 is really bad(i dont own one so cant vouch for that personally), microsoft have invested heavily in xbox live and by all accounts, it shows

the xbox 360 is a superior machine,its not just the amount of games out,most of the games on the ps3 only run at 30fps xbox 360 runs at 50fps on most games.

the new pro evolution 7 game was made for both so is a good comparison.there is videos on the konami website where you can hear the developers talking about it while playing it on the xbox 360.they say the ps3 version is rubbish compared,its slower and the graphics arent as good.so make your own mind up,everyone i know with both are selling there ps3.

as mentioned my ps3 is also gathering dust and i still purchase games for my 360 on a regular basis.......i'm getting cheesed off with games getting put back on the ps3 after you pre order then get told sorry another two months to wait,so my 360 is head of the pile by a long shot.

Totally agree with you there about xboxlive mate, and as a games console the 360 wipes the floor with the ps3, lets see what ppl have to say when sony charge you for online gaming as they need the revenue to get some decent gamer servers running!!!!!!!

Don't read too much into "Consumer" Stats

They are a load of rubbish, thats how companies sell their new products...

50fps Interlaced? or Progressive?, don't forget the human eye can only see so much detail, Microsoft give out all these stats for the 360 for owners to justify how great their waste of £200 is.

Check it out

http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_can_humans_see.htm

Regarding the PS3 online play its brilliant, no problems or lagging (Have the 360 owners actually played online with a PS3??) ALL my online PS3 games play great, another myth perpetuated by Microsoft me thinks and sour grapes from people FORCED to pay for online gaming......PS3 its FREE....

Last edited:
I dont own either at the moment, but I would never pay for online like the 360 is doing... thats just downright wrong! You buy an expensive game and I expect to be able to play online without charge. I'm not charged on the pc, why should the 360 be any different. After all it is basically a PC stuck inside a box. Microsoft scum.
I will be going for a PS3, but not for quite a few months...... still waiting for the games list to improve and the price to come down a penny or two.

Im a gamer.. Always have been. This post is the million dollar question to me at the moment. Im caught in the headlights between a PS3 and 360 elite. I feel the PS3 is the better machine, I think most people agree, however at the moment and probably the next 6 months I know the 360 will appear to be the best. If i buy a 360 i will regret it but if i buy a PS3 i know i will have to hang around for a bit for games and performance..
Ive also read that the 360 online aint to good.. think to be honest i should just toss a coin.. ant more views on whats best.

I have just bought a ps3. I bought a 360 first but returned it to the shop because I couldnt stand the noise the damn thing made. I am disappointed with the lack of games but am hopeful this will change. I think once the ps3 gets "hackable" people will buy one.

The PS3 seems to me to be the better piece of hardware BUT it's too expensive and most developers haven't had time to learn how to get the best out of it. Have MS fixed the RROD problem? That's certainly put me off the 360 and I expect to get a PS3 once the price comes down and a few more games come out that make good use of the hardware. Was sorely tempted by the Woolies package but as others have said, not enough games at the minute plus I think there'll be price cuts leading up to Christmas, I'm holding out for £299 :)

I have both - i take both online... but if i had to recommend one machine it would be the 360 hands down. By far the better machine and has the better online service by a country mile.... so what if online costs £40 a year... thats not a lot when you consider the fact that the service is much better than that of sony at the moment.

Back