PS3 Finaly Hacked... Hello hypervisor

Well looks like he decided to release the exploit already. Looks like its more of a work in progress than anything, hope someone will be able to put it to good use. No doubt sony will be on this like a shot now though

From His blog :

Here's your silver platter

In the interest of openness, I've decided to release the exploit. Hopefully, this will ignite the PS3 scene, and you will organize and figure out how to use this to do practical things, like the iPhone when jailbreaks were first released. I have a life to get back to and can't keep working on this all day and night.

Please document your findings on the psDevWiki. They have been a great resource so far, and with the power this exploit gives, opens tons of new stuff to document. I'd like to see the missing HV calls filled in, nice memory maps, the boot chain better documented, and progress on a 3D GPU driver. And of course, the search for a software exploit.

This is the coveted PS3 exploit, gives full memory access and therefore ring 0 access from OtherOS. Enjoy your hypervisor dumps. This is known to work with version 2.4.2 only, but I imagine it works on all current versions. Maybe later I'll write up how it works :)

Good luck!

Last edited:
So it's looking like there's still a hell of a lot of work to be done and quite a few more hurdles to be jumped before we start seeing working PS3 copies, but without wanting to jump the gun what this hack does mean if it sees release is that despite not being able to run copied games or anything like that yet the PS3 is an open platform. Now considering the amount of stuff you can already do by default with the PS3, you add open platform to the mix and the possibilities are just about endless for me.

Makes me wonder why it wasn't open platform right from the start considering the extra security on the bluray drives and game discs anyhow, but then again the answer is obvious.

Some people are now claiming the 'master root key' has been obtained, if this pans out to be true then Sony can't do fook all to prevent any exploits :)

Let's see how this turns out!

2010 the YEAR OF HOMEBREW :) :) :) :)

Give me support for all High Def codecs and I'll be a happy bunny :)

XBMC on the PS3 :)

Damn I suppose I better try and push out my ISOLoader now and take some credit whilst I can :banana:

:flock2:

XBMC on the PS3 :)

BURN THE WITCH!!!!! ;)

Seriously though this does open up a lot of possibilities....but what's the word on bluray blanks and writeable bluray drives ? I mean is it worth downloading PS3 games and shelling out for the bluray writer and discs when it's easier, less time consuming and probably not much more expensive to buy the games preowned or something to save on price ? Obviously for the new games it should be since they're always £40 a pop on release. But looking at the bigger picture is it really worth it ? Either way it's nice to have the option I suppose....if and when it's available.

Damn I suppose I better try and push out my ISOLoader now and take some credit whilst I can :banana:

:flock2:

I thought you were geohot.. ;) Anyway your iso loader with on the fly compression so you can fit it on a dvd-r is much better m8:proud:

well i can confirm the silver platter hack is working had kernel panic 3-4 times before getting read write acsess but working now. all i need is a known ps3 iso loader and try to implement into the dash if any one has one id be greatfull so i can give it a go and get the scene moving. and about blu-ray they are damb expensive but instead of downloading duplicating games would be better but untill i get a loader i have no way of testing this cheers wattsy1612 p.s can confirm that master root key can be obtained cheers wattsy1612

Last edited:
Wattys add me on msn m8, there's some people I want you to meet :)

img_19258.jpg

Hello World :)

I've said it before, and I will say it again. This site is a bag of shite. Dont listen to anything that SKFU or the other fuckwits that visit the site say. Bunch of internet wannabes, with little or no knowledge or hacking or reverse engineering.

Also the link dont work, as it takes you to the forum. From what I can see its only for a dev machine, which is different from a retail machine.

Last edited:
You might be right Janobi. Pay to become a member? **** them.

You might be right Janobi. Pay to become a member? **** them.

There is an easy test to tell mate, google ps3 hacking, and see how many threads come up for PS3news, and how many of the threads have been found to be faked. SKFU has come out numerous times claiming to be able to play backups, both on a retail machine, and on a dev machine, but nothing has ever come out.

Since geo has hacked the PS3, this dude has claimed he already was able to do all that geo has achieved, and also claimed that access to the HV is useless, yet more esteemed hackers (Mathiuellu (How ever its spelt lol)TJ), have all come out and said that this is the real deal, and that it will work perfectly. All that PS3news actually does, is increase its ads revenue by making world exclusive claims, that are both unfounded, and untrue. All they do, is get extra revenue through adverts. Never ever believe anything that is on that site, or the people that frequent the site.

I know little or nothing about reverse engineering, or even hacking, but messed around in the psp section a little, and with modding ISOs before CFW was developed, and tbh that frazzled my brain, so I can only imagine what Geo has achieved would nuke most peoples brains, including SKFU. Many of you will feel that that statement may be unfair, as I dont know what you know and such, and granted I dont. So for all those technical wizards out there, I suggest you read the whole of Geo's blog, and then make a decision of wether this is the real deal or not. Personally, I say well done Geo, for a 17yr old Kid, thats pretty impressive. Probably the next DVDJohn. Google if you dont know who he is. lol.

wow im not even reading the posts above there inthe wrong post every day i come and check this thread and see new posts and thinks theres something new and interseting onl to see pointless boring fanboy posts

ps3 sucks yes i have 1 without backups it will allways suck im with violentj
i dont NEED to own a ps3 to do what they can do

360 i own also and yes it flahed and yes i play game on it regular.but i dont use it for owt else i have other hardware that does it properley.

so leave this thread alone fanboys let it stay alive with usefull updates and you gay iso loaders???????????? dont even get me started your about as funny as a limp dick with c.cole in your bed. its old its boring for the last 5 years go fourth and multyply please :grab:

commenting on posts you haven't even read supposedly, making "off topic" posts yourself, heh pot kettle black - way to troll, fanboy.

funny how the wank posts come out from the fanboys when there's no denying the facts. ;)

i have read them and i agree with him, regarding the fan boy rants. this aint the thread for it. infact, these type of stupid arguments very rarely ever come up on this forum, thats what shit forums like maxconsole etc are for.

dont want to lower these forums to level of maxconsole etc. this is the best forums on the internet.

hopefully we will get some proper updates regarding a hack on this thread in the next few weeks. be happy with the console/consoles u have got and forget about all the shit talk

Back