problem with email account on xbox account

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
Guys my kid has an xbox 360 the xbox account is in my name . I'm trying to change the email account on it for security reasons it say as I have no longer got access to an alternative email contact addy that I need to change it

I have entered a new email addy for them to send a confirmation security code or something for billing and my telephone number. It now says old email will be deleted from account on 11/04/2013 and new email/telephone will be added on 11/04/2013.

Is this normal?

all I want to do is buy an online downloadable game ffs

Guys Im new to this xbox lark.

I guess I can buy say 2100 points form an online supplier other than microsoft xbox site and add points via the xbox to my account then purchase the game?

anyone recommend a supplier who will email a code to buy points

Last edited:
Ok Guys been onto his xbox redeemed a code I bought online, downloaded game all works OK.

went into my account details and it knows I have added a new email addy and telephone number but it wont let me use them until I verify them at h**ps://account.live.com/p then give me a code

Ive been there and logged in but how do I verify the new email and telephone number. I have saved the new info and it says will be added on 11/4/2013.

Do I honestly have to wait till then?

I had shedload of problems with xbox live on my sons xbox after he turned 18 and needed parental verification so he could get on line. I got in touch with their technical team who phoned me back and after about three calls we got it sorted. My advice would be to log a call and get them to phone you back - they were very quick to call me. Hope this helps and I havent missed the point! lol

Thanks Trabbs I managed to buy some points online , get a code emailed to me then it wouldn't let me add the points. signed out then signed back in on the xbox and it let me add them.

I've had a look online and it seems to take 30 days to change, add or delete any security info on your account which is good in one way and a pain in another.

So I have to wait the 30 days before I can change my email addy and add a credit card as payment options until then I need to buy points elsewhere and add them through the redeem code option.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me though, I am Grateful to you.

like you say, seems you are going to have to wait mate, sorry I couldn't help. good luck getting it sorted.

Its cheaper to buy xbox live and points from a few internet based sellers than it is from xbox anyway, then just redeem them

Its cheaper to buy xbox live and points from a few internet based sellers than it is from xbox anyway, then just redeem them

i think he wanted to by a game rather than points originally. When they had a sale on sleeping Dogs it worked out cheaper to pay £ than points

Back