Problem with Electric Shower

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a Triton T90 eletric shower and there seems to be very little water coming out of it, it's there about three or four years and it has never been great to be honest; i'm wondering is there any point in changing the shower head or can anything else be done with it?

we have quite low water pressure here, or so i've been told, maybe that's the problem and if it is can anything be done to solve it?

my other shower is a mira power shower, which is fantastic; i don't expect the electric shower to perform like a power shower but i do expect it to be better than it is :(

Don't know if you have fixed this yet.
We lost pressure in our electric shower, I had turned it to mad hot to clean the bath and the inner tube softened. When it cooled down it had restricted the pipe and hardly any water came out.
New pipe fixed the job.
Wiz

just unscrew the hose from the main unit and see what speed it comes out of the bottom of it

my power shower is fine, its the water flow from the eletric shower i'm not happy with. i ran into a friend who's a builder he said he'll come around and take a look at it for me

As above if the flow is still the same with shower head/hose removed then there is a strainer fitted but its under the front cover,

A triton T90 is a pumped electric shower so water pressure shouldn't really affect it unless its really crap and with it being tank fed that should never really happen,

At this time of the year with the water temperature in the tank being colder,
you may find you have had to turn up the heat setting on the shower,if so this will effect the water flow as all turning up the heat setting does is actually slow the water down so its heats more i.e. slower flow heats more/quicker,

If its none of the above feel free to ignore my advice ;)

thanks very much wiz, cacti and oneman for all the helpful suggestions. i will check the showerhead and pipe and filter tomorrow morning and let you know how i get on :)

lol that's not posh, witchy says he had a maid! ;)

ok am pretty disappointed, removed showerhead and pipe to clean them, turned electricity off to shower and took cover off no bother, but i can't turn the filter, it seems to be stuck fast! :(

so i rang my friend and he said don't touch it cos if i break the filter i'll flood the house, he's gonna come around and look at it this morning.

really wanted to do it myself, but ah well :(

I had the same problem with a t90si some time ago. the head needed to be soaked to remove limescale. this worked for a while. but it turned out trhat the pump was failing anyway so I eventually had to replace the entire unit. this had its own small problem as the t90 are not mais anymore. the nearest one for one replacement is the triton xr.

i have the showerhead soaking in vinegar and bread soda at the minute, also ran same through the pipe. but when i put the water on with the pipe gone it wasn't a great flow anyway, so i think it must be the filter. hope it's not the pump :(

@napster they aren't in the same bathroom, one is in the ensuite which is in the main bedroom right beside the bathroom

could be a good idea to change electric shower to a power shower, then should have that problem again, with a bit of luck :)

not allowed to have two power showers apparently, something to do with the amount of electricity they use i think :(

ok am pretty disappointed, removed showerhead and pipe to clean them, turned electricity off to shower and took cover off no bother, but i can't turn the filter, it seems to be stuck fast! :(

so i rang my friend and he said don't touch it cos if i break the filter i'll flood the house, he's gonna come around and look at it this morning.

really wanted to do it myself, but ah well :(

It wont flood the house providing your shower waste is not blocked,apart from the fact there is a spring loaded blanking plate behind the filter,
the filter can get stuck but usually a good hard twist will free it,

But there's no harm erring on the cautious side either,
but it wouldnt stop me ;)

not allowed to have two power showers apparently, something to do with the amount of electricity they use i think :(

And who told you that bit of nonsense ?

the only problem there would be if you were using them both at the same time,and thats a water problem not an electric one,

but I aint no sparks so dont take my word for it lol

And who told you that bit of nonsense ?

the only problem there would be if you were using them both at the same time,and thats a water problem not an electric one,

but I aint no sparks so dont take my word for it lol

I take it they can't be on the same circuit or not, AFAIK you would need to run a seperate circuit for each one.

I take it they can't be on the same circuit or not, AFAIK you would need to run a seperate circuit for each one.

Thats probably what they meant alright,
I presume with two separate circuits then it would be fine apart from the water usage side of it.

ok my friend called, the filter is fine wasn't blocked, and he said the water pressure is ok, he said it's lime buildup in the showerhead and i need a showerhead removal tool and to clean it with cillit bang. so will see if i can get one of them to open the showerhead up :)

ok my friend called, the filter is fine wasn't blocked, and he said the water pressure is ok, he said it's lime buildup in the showerhead and i need a showerhead removal tool and to clean it with cillit bang. so will see if i can get one of them to open the showerhead up :)

Have you tried switching shower heads to test that theory,
before you go looking for other stuff?

Back