Problem Flashing dbox

dumbmayh3m

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok apologies if posted before but I did search and found nowt.

Normally when I update the dbox I do it on my mums older computer as hers has a serial port which I can use my null modem cable on but it is a slight hassle disconnecting all the wires, moving all the equipment and resetting back up and fourth when done so I purchased a USB toSerial Cable. Also shes sleeping right now so cant use hers. Got the cable working fine and gave it COM1 as nothing else is being used.

Set everything up with IFA, so I turn dbox on and the LCD displays "dbox2 flashing assistant" and doesnt do anything else. Nothing appears on the dbox-boot window on my pc either.

When I click back on the IFA tab, at the top of the screen it shows this message

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

And a the bottom an error about not being able to ping the dbox.

Anyways, from there on nothing happens.

I can ping my dbox from the pc. Connect to it via internet browser. Ftp and so forth.

This isnt a HUGE problem as you can see as i can use my mums but it does annoy me at times.

Sorry if ive missed anything out, but fire away with questions and suggestions at your ready :D

Thanks.

Last edited:
Quick translation
Answer sent! BootP> Request from 00:50: 8D: 7C: 2E: 1F - There is something wrong! BootP> of the Request comes from the network map (and not of the DBOX), probably BootP> runs a Firewall or any other servers in the same net? BootP> Answer sent!

Turn all firewalls antivirus any any other network cards off including wireless.
If you can ftp the box ok, just transfer the img into the /tmp folder and
use the remote to flash it.

If you can still ftp to the box then use the ftp method to flash it.

Ftp the image file to the /tmp folder.
Using the remote, do the following...

DBOX
SERVICE
SOFTWARE UPDATE
EXPERT FUNCTIONS
WRITE ONE PARTITION
FLASH WITHOUT BOOTLOADER
SELECT IMAGE FILE
SELECT YES

Make sure you always flash WITHOUT bootloader as flashing with a bootload will kill your dbox.

The flash will then be erased and the new image flashed.

Back