IPad 4 restore error (3004)

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an Ipad 4 (a1458) thats pin locked by my daughter and she can't remember it (I know). We've tried itunes restore and but every time I try I this error "Cannot restore error 3004). I have changed the cable and reinstalled itunes to the latest but it's the same.
Is there anyway I can restore and wipe the pin / there's nothing on it that needs saving

Thanks for the link, some good info there. I started watching alot of YouTube video's and network issues seem to mentioned alot so I decided to try my old laptop.
I first updated itunes then tried and it worked ok. I did try an NZB download on here that was still on my news hosting server
Icarefone
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/threads/tenorshare-icarefone-v4-7-0-0-multilingual-p2p.455491/

And that gave me a similar "no network" type message from the PC which lead me to try the laptop. Not sure what the issue is with the PC and itunes but at least it might help someone with a similar updates restore errors.
Rather than faff about try another device with itunes installed

I have an Ipad 4 (a1458) thats pin locked by my daughter and she can't remember it (I know). We've tried itunes restore and but every time I try I this error "Cannot restore error 3004). I have changed the cable and reinstalled itunes to the latest but it's the same.
Is there anyway I can restore and wipe the pin / there's nothing on it that needs saving
Please check if Teamviewer service is working in the background, shut it down and try again. Solved the problem for me

Back