printer problem

derek12345

Inactive User
Reaction score
i got an epson r285 with the siss system worked fine this morning just went to print now and it says
Delete all print jobs and turn the printer off. Remove any foreign objects from inside the printer. After a few minutes, turn the printer back on.

i turned it off checked it all out got a pump and blew it all out with pump but it still says general error as above is it fooked as i cant take it back as i had to remove the top off the cartridge tray to get ciss in

press the paper feed button - see if it does so. Some also, if u hold down paper feed it'll do a test print.

any warning lights on it?

i get the warning lights when i try to print anything and if i hold down the paper feed i reinstalled drivers how do i do a diagnostic check

try reinstall printer drivers, do a diagnostic check on printer itself?

i get the warning lights when i try to print anything and if i hold down the paper feed i reinstalled drivers how do i do a diagnostic check

Forget printing from the PC for the moment, until you successfully print that test page.

Which warning lights? You say you had to "remove the top off the cartridge tray ". Is the warning for an open lid?

If you have had any paper jams recently, check that you don't have a small piece/corner of a page still stuck somewhere.

i just tried again i can print onto dvd disc but it wont do a test page or print onto paper it still says
Delete all print jobs and turn the printer off. Remove any foreign objects from inside the printer. After a few minutes, turn the printer back on.
i not sure wot the lights are there are only 3 lights on it a green and 2 orange both come on when i print cant think of any paper jams lately but as i said i gave it a good clean earlier

i just tried again i can print onto dvd disc but it wont do a test page or print onto paper it still says

i not sure wot the lights are there are only 3 lights on it a green and 2 orange both come on when i print cant think of any paper jams lately but as i said i gave it a good clean earlier

Do you have the manual which came with the printer? It would be useful to read it - probably the 'fault finding' section, and find what those lights mean...

If you are printing on Cds, you are probably using software which may bypass part of the normal windows print routines.

Have you clicked on the printer symbol in the bottom right of your screen to open up the page of printer information, and cancelled any documents waiting to be printed?

Have you clicked on the printer symbol in the bottom right of your screen to open up the page of printer information, and cancelled any documents waiting to be printed?
yes do that every time i get error

Do you have the manual which came with the printer?
no cant find it at the moment

when i press print and get orange lights
after i press cancel all documents the orange lights go off i dont even have to turn printer off

Have you got the dvd tray in the correct place for 'printing to paper' dont forget that the tray has to be moved from its position for dvd printing. I have problems with mine for doing this as the tray will not stay up on its own.

i get this quite often when printing to cd`s,what i do is cancel all print jobs,move the disc tray to paper feed position then turn the printer off wait a few seconds then turn it back on and it`s good to go.

Back