Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

iMac Printer help

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
I have a Lexmark Z1420 wi-fi printer.

It was working on my Mac wireless but for some reason stopped working. I have tried removing it and reinstalling it but it won't seem to work anymore. It works fine wire via USB, but when I try wireless it always says 'offline'

Anyone know how to completely remove everything relating to the printer??

1.Open System Preferences by clicking on the icon in the Dock.
2.Go to the Print & Fax control panel under the Hardware category.
3.Select the printer you want to take online from the list on the left side of the screen. Then click on the "Open Print Queue" button.
4.Click on the "Resume Printer" button at the top of the queue window to change the printer from offline to online.

Last edited:
1.Open System Preferences by clicking on the icon in the Dock.
2.Go to the Print & Fax control panel under the Hardware category.
3.Select the printer you want to take online from the list on the left side of the screen. Then click on the "Open Print Queue" button.
4.Click on the "Resume Printer" button at the top of the queue window to change the printer from offline to online.

Done that but it doesn't go online.

Think I have some old software or prefs that are causing issues, but can't find them to delete them. :(

The first thing you must check the communications between your Mac and the wireless printer.

Open "Safari" > select "Bookmarks" > then select "Show All Bookmarks" > on the left pane, click "Bonjour" and check whether the wireless printer is listed. If you see the printer listed, double-click on its name and check whether it opens the printer's internal web page.
If you see the name, then it's sure the Mac is communicating with the printer.

Next,
- Open "Print and Fax" application under "System Preferences".
- Remove the printer from list by selecting it and pressing the [-] button.
- Waiting a few moments and then add the printer again by pressing the [+] button, by selecting the printer and then press Add.

Back