preflashed 250?

mikejack

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
seen a few of these on ebay.. what are the chances for getting one that works?
Any reputable guys on here do the same? would rather deal with someone from here lol!

cheers guys!

Should be ok, if its been preflashed with the 250 hack_dump, you still gotta configure it. Easy enough to do it all yourself though, all you need is a 250 modem, everything else can be found on here...

Oh,, and a max323 interface too...

Last edited:
yea m8 its probably better to do it ur self like pzblues all u would need is a max232 which u can get from wayneeboy19117 who is a member on here and get the modem and a rs 232 m/f extension lead u can get from any buyer with good feed backs on ebay...everything else including help u can get from us here

No, no, no, no, no, no, no if its pre-flashed why would you need a max232? all you need is an ethernet cable and you can use hideki's config tool, provided you have 1 or more working macs.

Unless of course you wanted to input the commands manually. In which case,.. you could still use hideki's tool because it has a cm terminal implemented too.

Last edited:
Excellent thanks guys.. was doing a bit of reading last nignt and got alot of info tuts etc

might see if i can get a cheap preflashed one cos im lazy lol or if i cant i think i have a good idea of what im doing!

No, no, no, no, no, no, no if its pre-flashed why would you need a max232? all you need is an ethernet cable and you can use hideki's config tool, provided you have 1 or more working macs.

Unless of course you wanted to input the commands manually. In which case,.. you could still use hideki's tool because it has a cm terminal implemented too.

If you read the replys mate, we are encouraging this guy to do it all himself(including flashing the modem) therefore the max232 is required....

flashed modem

i would do it urself mate it takes 5 minutes at most.plenty of tuts and help on these forums.i just done my first so if you need any advice pm me.

yeah thinking that myself now to be honest doesnt seem too bad.. what sort of price are the max232s? i have one of the virgin black modems is that a 255? is it done just the same as a 250?

Have you noticed the difference in price between preflashed and untouched ??
A max232 will cost you less than a tenner and it's far more satisfying to know you've done it yourself.

A 250 is done the same as a 255.

Up to you mate.

You'll also need to get hold of some macs from your neighbouring ubr's ready for when your modem arrives.

Have a read at this.

You'll get loads of help in here when it arrives if you are stuck m8

Curly

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah read through the tuts and have macs etc sorted so will get me a max232 and get flashing lol!

Thanks for the help everyone!

Just flashed my 1st 250 yesterday so I might be wrong.

If it's already flashed with the infinite firmware why would he need a max232? Also the config can be done through the eth port using the ambit config tool.

But like other have said, do it yourself, 1/2 the price and you've got all the tools and knowledge if it stops working. The guides and help on this site is excellent.

sorry to jump in , but havin problems reading my modem . worked fine install mac and away l went . then because of capping tried to change mac again and for the live of me it would read it , tried both software reads in downloads , anyway blade send me a preflashed 250 the other day and it let me in straightaway tried a few macs and no good so entered the one lm using on the sb5101 but like a pratt got 2 letters the wrong way around .

but now cant get into that one or the sb5101 ?

Ethernet cable is straight to pc

tried inserting the 192.168.100.10 in the ip and so on with no joy .

1:can u lock out a modem
2:where am l going wrong [lol]
3: is there anything in tuts about seting ip to get into these modem ,
like l say l have and l can read the modem on the webpage ? but every time l try to read it , it say tcp not found or unable to read 192.168.100.1 ?

sick of pestering blade lol ..

no its not a great problem because my sb5101 is working fine but its pis*ing me off that something only small is wrong .

the power supply is fine too

cheers

will do after l get home cheers

picture name is the sb5101 im using now
and the other is when l connected to the 250

cant work out why it worked fine afew time and now cant read again and l did try the Ambit config tool aswell and that connected once

Last edited:
sounds like ur network card might of locked up! its happend to me a few times, a pc and modem reboot and local area connection repair usually sorts it out. if its still being stubborn use ur max to write the settings on 250 with the ambit tool

Last edited:
Back