poor picture!

Pezza

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello

I am experiencing poor picture quality and colour with my Dreambox 500s.

It's connected via a quality scart lead to an LG 42" LCD, I have tried another scart lead but still the same.

My technomate 1500Ci has very good picture/colour quality using the same lead.

Can anyone shed any light?

Pezza
:banana:

Make sure you set the video format to RGB.

MENU > SETUP > A/V SETTINGS

Are you using it for UK Sky or European sky? Some of the packages are not that great when it comes to picture quality, that's just the way it is.

Sure it is but have you got good signal and quality ? Devil fish is probably right have you checked you are on rgb and pal ? could also try another scart socket on the telly.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

I did try RGB but the picture was worse than before!

I have scanned 13E, 19E and 28E, all FTA channels are very poor!

Perhaps the box may be faulty?

Pezza

I should also say that the picture is very dark as well.

Pezza

Can you try another TV, a portable maybe?

As above, there's usually only 1 scart on a tv that is RGB capable.

Thanks for all the help.

I tried connecting directly to the TV rather than through an adaptor and it now works a treat, much improved picture/colour. Box must be fussy!

All I need to do now is find an "idiots guide" to loading image files and cams etc.

Pezza

Flashing images will be the same for satellite boxes and cable boxes. Have a read here and at the stickies in the Dreambox section.

There's also a comprehensive guide here and a decent image here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Havnt had chance to look at the downloads on this site yet mate and i dont think you can download them anyway until youve posted 20 times or something but dreamboxworld has all you need. You will need something like flash wizard to send the image from the pc to the dreambox and ofcourse an image. When its on there use the blue plugin button to d/load all else u need.

Back