Transferring ebooks to Kindle

Gwyn1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife has used her Kindle Paperwhite for the past few years to read ebooks downloaded from our local library.

I download the books on to my Desktop PC, Convert them to *.Mobi files, then copy and paste them via USB into her Kindle documents Folder.

Last week when I tried to copy and paste them my PC would not bring up the Kindle Folder on my desktop. The Kindle charging light comes on but no Folder appears on the PC. I have tried another USB Lead, and attempted to clean the Kindle MicroUSB socket but get the same result. I suspect that the Micro USB Socket is Faulty, if so, is it possible for me to transfer the Mobi files via Blue tooth or Local WiFi ?

Any help would be appreciated

Use the Kindle Paperwhite e-mail address
  1. Tap Menu→Settings.
  2. Tap Device Options→Personalize Your Kindle. The Send-to-Kindle E-Mail screen appears.
  3. Tap the Send-to-Kindle E-mail option, which is the last item on the list. The e-mail address associated with your Kindle Paperwhite is displayed.

Choose Your E-Book Format​

Now you know how to email an e-book to your Kindle, the next step is to figure out your e-book's format, which will determine how best to send it.

Mobi Format​

Good news: If your books are in the Mobi format, they're already readable by the Kindle. Attach the file to an email, send it to your Kindle's email address (with any subject, and nothing in the body of the email), and it should appear on your Kindle shortly. You can also drag and drop the file onto your Kindle if you attach the device to your PC with a USB cable.

PDF Format​

Amazon can automatically convert PDFs into the Kindle format, but you get two formatting choices. If you want your Kindle to display every page in the PDF as if it were a graphic, just email the .pdf file to your Kindle's address without a subject line.

That will maintain the formatting and graphics, but the font size may be too small to read. If you're okay with this kind of formatting, you can also drag and drop the file onto your Kindle if you attach the device to your PC with a USB cable.

Your other option is to attach the PDF file to an email, and make the subject line "Convert"—just that word. Send it to your Kindle email address and your PDF will be converted into a Mobi file, where you can control the font size and formatting. The graphics will still be in there as well, but you'll lose the layout of the original PDF.

And of course AZW or AZW3 are fine as they are Kindle format ;)

#### -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------####

EPUB Format​

EPUB is a common ebook format around the web, but the Kindle can't read it natively. That's okay; you can convert .epub files to Mobi files for the Kindle to read.

The key is a free piece of software called Calibre. Available for Windows and Macs, it can reformat almost any kind of ebook for most ebook readers, although cracking the copy protection on books purchased from Amazon or certain other stores is forbidden. When you set up the software, it asks you for your model of ebook reader, and a pop-up suggests sending the books by email. Fill in the email address for your Kindle and the authorized email address with which you've set to send documents to your Kindle.

...........................................................................................

@CyborJaX .
Thank You for your suggestion, have carried out your instructions and successfully emailed her the July book.
I already use Calibre on my PC to convert the upub files received into Mobi for the Kindle, so no problem there.

@CyborJaX .
Thank You for your suggestion, have carried out your instructions and successfully emailed her the July book.
I already use Calibre on my PC to convert the upub files received into Mobi for the Kindle, so no problem there.
Pleased your sorted Gwyn1 quite allot of people don't realise you can email to the Kindle :) .
Now all I can say happy wife happy life for you buddy ;)

Back