PLUSNET anyone use them ?

mastic

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im currnetly on O2 and had enough, plusnet as come up as unlimited D/L and fibre for about £6 more tham im paying for normal broadband. I do the usual downloading from the torrents and gaming on the PS3, also the kids using wireless stuff etc. These are coming out as the best of the bunch, but i would like some info on members experiences .

Used them a lot. Installed a lot of business customers. Bad patch a few years ago but since then all has been good :)

used to use them and tbh they weren't that bad... then i found out they're BT in disguise and got out pronto!!!

Superb will defo have to make them a No1 contender when ive sorted this rubbish out with O2. Thanks
Guys

I had their cheapest deal when I was on the dole,couldn't fault them

BT just saved them from going under. Since the investment there getting better. Great value.:salute: :Laugh:

Liars, cheats, awful customer service, was with them and left after they silently changed terms and conditions, started throttling and cutting people off. I then had my girlfriend leave them two years ago because again, had issues with billing and customer services, plus line speed and reliability.

Could be just me, but once is forgivable, twice is just bad management.

They are OK for the masses, but for me not so I'm afraid.

Think, cheap all you can eat Chinese buffet against a restaurant quality three course meal.

Last edited:
The thing that does me with all the companies that use a bt line is they all quote a price & then in small print add line rental another £15

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I've been with Madasafish for quite a few years and was a bit dismayed when they were taken over by Plusnet. I've got to say the customer service has remained high even though that part has become integrated into the Plusnet system.

I stayed with the MAAF product because there was no line throttling but now that my Internet usage is creeping up and MAAF don't offer an unlimited package they suggested I move over to the new Plusnet unlimited service.

The new service is very good value and now there are no restrictions.

Yes they are owned by BT but they operate independently and they have a UK based support centre.

Haha - that's sooo last decade lol

i know mate, hard to forget that infrastructure BT use was paid for by us UK taxpayers and now it's a private monopoly with zero competition and choice for the majority of us... they call it progress, ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

i know mate, hard to forget that infrastructure BT use was paid for by us UK taxpayers and now it's a private monopoly with zero competition and choice for the majority of us... they call it progress, ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Infrastructure was paid for UK taxpayer who got a hefty sum (I haven't got the data but between the 3 separate share issues I believe it was £15 bn) when it was privatised nearly 30 years ago, the assets weren't just given to BT. I'm sure they have done plenty of investment in their infrastructure since then including FTTC.

As for competition, they are legally required to offer their infrastructure for unbundling and there are plenty of other ISP who use BT back haul but offer different price structure, service, contention. Never mind the 7m+ houses that have access to cable.

I'm pretty certain that if BT had remained a public company we would in a much worse position right now.

can see i'm on a hiding to nothing here, but it's hard to see how a business can fail when the majority of it's customers can only buy from one supplier... whether you use BT, Sly, TalkTalk or any one else outside the major conurbations where cable is offered, there is no choice, BT have the monopoly and quite simply, customers have nowhere else to go.

as for the UK taxpayers not getting value for their money, why it was so oversubscribed? obvious answer... it was virtually given away!

hardly a level playing field!!!

been with them for over a year, no problems, great customer service and cheap as chips.

can see i'm on a hiding to nothing here, but it's hard to see how a business can fail when the majority of it's customers can only buy from one supplier... whether you use BT, Sly, TalkTalk or any one else outside the major conurbations where cable is offered, there is no choice, BT have the monopoly and quite simply, customers have nowhere else to go.
Who knows how much money they are making or losing with LLU, I believe the price is by OFCOM.

as for the UK taxpayers not getting value for their money, why it was so oversubscribed? obvious answer... it was virtually given away!
Problem was nobody had done a privatisation of that size before, nobody knew if it would work or not. The initial 49% offer was oversubscribed but then my guess is that is more to do with being offered to the public rather then real market value. They could have charged 2x the price and it still would have been oversubscribed. I don't believe the 2nd and 3rd offerings had such a crazy reaction.

Who knows how much money they are making or losing with LLU, I believe the price is by OFCOM.

unbundling the local exchanges was/is good for competition and i'm all for that! the problem lies between the house and the exchange, as only BT have the 'right' to work on those cables and equipment... how can that lead to fair and open competition,? the result is they (openreach - how is it open lol) can charge £130 + VAT to come and change a microfilter, good business if you can get it, but hardly the result of true competition.

Hi I have been with talktalk, BT, sky and now Im with plusnet its easily the best ISP its faster and cheaper than sky! Talktalk was always going down and the customer service is crap and BT was well overpriced

Do plusnet have alt.binaries on there server? like alt.binaries.divx,etc
I read somewhere it only has text based newsgroups on there server, unlike VM were you get at least 10 days retention on most binarie groups
In other words you can grab a movie if your quick enough on VM but plusnet you can't
Is that right?

Back