BT Broadband leaving Offers etc/ Anyone any advice

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
My Local Village has just now got Fibre broadband and I want to upgrade from ADSL. Im on BT adsl at moment but dont know whether to stay with them or leave. I like there offers for "NEW customers" £48 per month upto 76mb free BT sports pack (all Channels ) weekend and eve calls, 12 month contract and £120 sainsburys voucher. The £48 is the same as Im paying know with adsl as we had no fibre available before now.

The offer i can get as an existing customer is shite, £48 18 month contract, weekend calls only, no bt sports.

Has anyone threatened to leave and got better deal or managed to get the "new customer deal. Any advice?

I am on my 4th year with them now with Infinity2 and have had a discount every year but it amounts to around £6 so not very good, This will be my last year with them as i do not use the landline so having to pay £18.99 a month for something i do not use and have no need is a real bug bear and i told them so. VM for me next year BB only no Phone line.

Hope you get a good deal of them

Cheers Digi247 unfortunately no virgin BB or TV out in the sticks for me. Ive had BT adsl for 8yrs now and been happy enough but now Fibre available I naturally want it. could go to EE and it would be £43.99 p/m or plusnet and get 6 months cheaper but I dont think customer service is up to much but then again neither is BT I hear, although I aint had a problem in 8 yrs on the BB front.

can you not sign up using a family members name on your current address and take the new customer benifits.

then leave your current contract when the new contract kicks in?

I've got bt infinity. I paid line rental up front for the year and £10.00 per month for infinity 1. 38md down and 10mb up. I also had bt sport but they where going to start charging so I downgraded to bt sport light and get it free. They have just done a 6% increase in broadband price to £10.65 per month. I held them to there contract where it states if they increase your price you can leave within 30 days notice even if your in contract. I will prob just stay but I don't like people raising prices during contract. I also gota £75.00 sainsbury voucher and I was supposed to get £80.00 cash back from quidco. This changes if you cancel the sport during you contract period. You also get free bt wifi whilst in contract that I can use at work.

Back