please please help jtaggin error

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi im trying to jtag my sammy ive used bke 2.2 and sdt and ocd and i keep getting error unable to put target into background mode help its doing my nut in

yeah i was getting the no mac mot error so i runnin that but still no luck-

i just checked my connection to my box and i got a wire in 11 rather than 13 on sammy board just gunna resolder and try again

ok i think ive killed my sammy box now when i power up i just get 3 dots on the front display not ld20 ect

ok from all the tuts ive read im still not sure if ive got it wired right which spots on a sammy are to be connected

TDI……..PIN 5
TMS……..PIN 7
TCK……..PIN 9
TDO……..PIN 13
VCC 3.3v……..PIN 2
GND……..PIN 20

this is what worked for me allthough i did not have GND wire connected at all and i still got my bk
sorry cant help with three dots!!

Do yuo have 3 dots or 3 dashes. I cant see that connecting your jtag wrong would kill the box, but you could possibly corrupt the data. You could do with finding out the full pinout for the jtag connection on the sammy to try and figure out what happend. let us know how you get on...........
Edit.....

Do you still get the dots when jtag is removed( If your chip is in socket just pull it out, carefully!!!! ).

the sammy is fine but after buying a universal jtag from jabsplace and trying all the differant sw i keep getting internal error 43 now help please

rite as ov now heres where im at jtag connected to sammy-solder points fine
connecter from jabbs been modden with pins 8 n 15 joined sammy booted by holding down on l20 letting go l40
opened sdt unable to put target object into background mode-after internal error 43-me slowly falling into mental decline

edit well im now showing as connected getting ird but no boxkey all 000in bke and sdt

edit2 ocd shows not connected error get-version not yet innitialised

i had this problem with my computer xp 3000+ and xppro
i started my old p3 500 with xppro
and it works
i have a feeling that u need a slower computer
have u go an old one to try it on??

ok ive got bk and ird-the latest keys for my area but no hash key-so im in the process of making a card now-slightly confused as to how i get the net id back on tho

violentj said:
rite as ov now heres where im at jtag connected to sammy-solder points fine
connecter from jabbs been modden with pins 8 n 15 joined sammy booted by holding down on l20 letting go l40
opened sdt unable to put target object into background mode-after internal error 43-me slowly falling into mental decline

edit well im now showing as connected getting ird but no boxkey all 000in bke and sdt

edit2 ocd shows not connected error get-version not yet innitialised

Sounds like you are nearly there mate. All you need now are the correct bytes and you are home and dry.

I cannot confirm the exact bytes you need as it has been a long time since I did a jtag.

There are loads of threads in the Samsung section regarding the new bytes needed. Just match up your provider and current software version to the recommended bytes in these threads.

Edit: posted too late!

violentj said:
ok ive got bk and ird-the latest keys for my area but no hash key-so im in the process of making a card now-slightly confused as to how i get the net id back on tho

Make sure your jtag is still connected mate. You can use OCD to set your net-id. It is all covered in Jimmyq's tutorial.

ocd still refuses to work-im trying to program a new funcard do i need an external eeprom or just flash and int

make the int eep using rst generator in downloads and the flash for your area will also be in downloads

Back