please help

dan5284

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all can some one please help i fitted a 60cm dish on a tm2600 motor the problem i have its i get no signal but high bit error rate
snr 0% ber 838860 any idea

thanks but the links keep taking me to a virgin media page

thanks digi i used that yesterday the prob i got is im getting no signal just a high bit error rate and service unavailable check tuner configuration its driving me mad

any one got any more ideas of what my problem could be

yea its pointing at astra 2 no matter what i just get ber 838860 i even took the lnb off still the same ber 838860 its moving from sat to sat but cant see any channels on them eg bbc1 itv etc no zap to

yea i have catjons channel list the long and lat had me a little confused on the box as to how i enter it as to were the . is so i think i have put them in correct

yea i have set it correct according to my latitude

You have adjusted dish manually up/down as well as those settings for dish elevation are a guide only.
Also if using usals need to set up on a sat first for others to fall inline.

yea i have manually moved it up and down still gives me the same snr 0 and ber 838860 yea i have usals but still cant get any thing would it be anything to do with how i have the long and lat entered on my box

Possibly something in line of site with satellite, building, tree or something, you can check this on "dishpointer".
Are you using a satellite finder or just moving dish and watching for picture on tv ?

thanks for the reply nothing in the way i just took the sky dish down put the 60cm dish up in the place of it and now nothing but a ber no matter ware i try pointing it i have no meter so i have grabbed dish pointer pro from here going to give that a go hopefully it will help as its really doing my nut in i phoned 3 sat installers yesterday to be told the same thing sorry we don't do motorized and i dont no any one who can sorry

thanks for the reply nothing in the way i just took the sky dish down put the 60cm dish up in the place of it and now nothing but a ber no matter ware i try pointing it i have no meter so i have grabbed dish pointer pro from here going to give that a go hopefully it will help as its really doing my nut in i phoned 3 sat installers yesterday to be told the same thing sorry we don't do motorized and i dont no any one who can sorry

Mate, I dont have a clue how to install motor dishes, which is why I had mine installed

However when I changed my box I had a problem and this was down to the ushall settings i put in.

now i am not looking at a box but what i did wrong was the first ushal setting say for example they are (05.600) underneath that it says east or west (I think) well leaving it on the deafult did not work so I needed to change it

the bottom setting (051.50) was Ok by default

Doubt it will help, but you never know

Last edited:
Back