PL3 Updated – MOH Now Running Without Need of Game Updates

Still can't get the damn thing to work, still just freezes on install with hermes 4b! I give up, hopefully they will come up with a more reliable workaround

Still can't get the damn thing to work, still just freezes on install with hermes 4b! I give up, hopefully they will come up with a more reliable workaround

You need to delete the game data have you tried that?

Yeah, think I've tried just about everything!! Literally been pissing round with it all day. Tried Gaia manager 1.02, mem patch, hermes, fix permissions, delete game data, ftp fresh copy of game over, update through game, update from usb....
The only thing I'm doing differently to you is not copying from external to internal as I only have an internal drive. With hermes 4b with the patch on in both backup managers i get a black screen.

Yeah, think I've tried just about everything!! Literally been pissing round with it all day. Tried Gaia manager 1.02, mem patch, hermes, fix permissions, delete game data, ftp fresh copy of game over, update through game, update from usb....
The only thing I'm doing differently to you is not copying from external to internal as I only have an internal drive. With hermes 4b with the patch on in both backup managers i get a black screen.

It gave me a black screen for a minute and then the game loads.

Must be something causing it somewhere, but left it for ages and nothing seemed to be going on.

Im using a minimus i wonder if that has anything to do with it maybe your hex is compiled differently?

Maybe im clutching at straws lol.
are all the hex's not compiled differently, like im using a pic18f4550, but i dont think your minimus hex would work on my board, maybe im wrong too, lol!

are all the hex's not compiled differently, like im using a pic18f4550, but i dont think your minimus hex would work on my board, maybe im wrong too, lol!

Aye it's wierd that it works for some and not others though.

Aye it's wierd that it works for some and not others though.
i think its just the way the chips are propgrammed which work the boards, that the hex needs a little tweak to run properly on different chips, but thats just a guess tbh!

It could be I suppose, dont really know enough about it to be honest. I'm hoping there will be further advances with backup managers or payloads that will sort it out for me. The scene is moving at such a fast pace, hopefully it wont be to long before we have some sort of improved workaround

Last edited:
It could be I suppose, dont really know enough about it to be honest. I'm hoping there will be further advances with backup managers or payoads that will sort it out for me. The scene is moving at such a fast pace, hopefully it wont be to long before we have some sort of improved workaround

Just a thought are you launching it from a br disc or via the game folder?

It could be I suppose, dont really know enough about it to be honest. I'm hoping there will be further advances with backup managers or payoads that will sort it out for me. The scene is moving at such a fast pace, hopefully it wont be to long before we have some sort of improved workaround
it is hard to keep up with all the new things i do agree, but the 15 or so games i have for now are good enough, and all work on the setup i have so im just gunna leave it like that till iv done most of the games, but i do really want moh so im gunna have to have a mess about soon!

Just a thought are you launching it from a br disc or via the game folder?

I've tried both mate, and I've tried booting direct from the backup manager as well. Can't work it out. What directory have you got your games stored in?

it is hard to keep up with all the new things i do agree, but the 15 or so games i have for now are good enough, and all work on the setup i have so im just gunna leave it like that till iv done most of the games, but i do really want moh so im gunna have to have a mess about soon!

Yeah to be honest I've got more than enough games to keep me busy for now but I don't like being beaten, lol. Cant leave it alone till I get it working, stupid thing.

I've tried both mate, and I've tried booting direct from the backup manager as well. Can't work it out. What directory have you got your games stored in?

oman4756 or whatever it is. Also when i installed open manager 2.1g and it prompted me to use oman4756 to install games i selected yes instead of no.

thats where mine are to, cant be that then. damn I'm stumped

Finally got the damn game working, but I ended up losing all my saves! I formatted the harddrive and restored back to default settings but then it wouldnt restore from my backup!!
So I tried again with the latest pl3 and still no good from internal. Kind of loaded from external but was very slow and jerky then froze up.
Just about to give up again and i tried hermes 4b in mempatch mode again and it worked straight away this time. Bloody thing, lol.
Gutted I've lost all my data though not worth it for one poxy game

Back