Pin numbers Movies, Pace boxes and Samsung 2 down 1 to go.

jaffamuffin

New Member ++
Reaction score
Hi all

I have 2 pace 4000 series boxes, one has 2 card readers inside, (why?) anyway they didn't do the movies anymore, wanted a pin so I removed the red jumper, went into engineers menu and changed pin to 1111. Rebooted and movie channels did not work still, but pr0n asked for pin, I type in 1111, and it works. Flick back to movies, and they work without askingfor pin now either, I just press red when it comes up or wait a 15 sec.

Sometimes a message comes up saying could not tune to channel, with the aforementioned channel perfectly tuned in the background. I just hit OK, and choose the channel again it works.

Both boxes have TB cut, and are still running ntl purple minguide, using funs.

My friend how ever has a sammy 2100C and I tried stby+OK+left+Right + power on to update/reset, then into engineer menu change pin, but it still doesn't let him access movies, that was earlier though.

2 things, maybe if he visits a pr0n channel before movies it may work. Secondly I'f i blank the nvram (shorting which pins on which chip??)

Is it a similar procedure to the pace, or doe the sammy need it's net id / tuning done manually?

Thanks for reading and any help offered

Thanks for reply.

I had a good look at my mates box, and I noticed tb wasn't cut (sammy 2100C)

I did the stnby +lft+rght+OK thing still nothing, I cut tb, then tried again, disconnected battery, tried again, redone tb and tried again, nothing, redid fun4 card, nothing,

Checked the firmware, 3.5L (i beleive there could be a bug affecting subbed boxes as well?)

Also, his box wasn't getting an IP when starting up. It's a virgin branded epg etc.

I've told him he A) should have stuck with the pace box he had before , b) may have a blacklisted box, (considering tb wasn't cut until now), C) may have to wait until virgin either do away with pins, or update the firmware.

Any thoughts on this>? It's pure ntl, glasgow.

<eit> also, how do you 'downgrade' a box?

Back