Firestick and update blocker

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 4k FS with a update blocker installed. I installed it a while back before a firmware update stopped it installing but this morning everything's literally running at a snails pace and I can't navigate around the menu.

Anyone else still running the update blocker and having issues ?. I'm wondering if to unblock and let it update

Why are you using it?
I let mine update all the time, no problems installing any apps that I need

Well I've 3 altogether this ones kinda redundant of late. It's the only one with it on as the others all had FW that wouldn't allow it.
To be honest it had never been an issue up till today.
I suppose I left it there incase just incase they decided to FW and block stuff.

Another thing I've noticed, Tivimate. There's a Tivimate sub on it from a Gmail I set up donkeys ago. It must have auto renewed. How the hell can I cancel it if I don't have the Tivimate password or the Gmail password. I tried recovering the Gmail but it's saying try on a devise you've signed in before to this address I've not a clue must have been 12-18month ago

I used the update blocker on my 4K as well, had to uninstall it as the stick was so slow

How did you pay for it Paypal , Bank ?

If above cancel the auto payment

I used the update blocker on my 4K as well, had to uninstall it as the stick was so slow

How did you pay for it Paypal , Bank ?

If above cancel the auto payment
Gonna check, I'm totally confused as I've stupidly bought one for a m8 who's an internet dummy so I've about 3. Going to have to look and delete what's not needed.

Yeah I'm going to unblock it's just not usable in the state it's in. I can't even get to the home screen

Im using it without a problem at the moment on my firetick lite. I've also installed it on a couple of friends 4k's and they haven't mentioned any problems yet.

Im using it without a problem at the moment on my firetick lite. I've also installed it on a couple of friends 4k's and they haven't mentioned any problems yet.
I might uninstall Tivimate first
Run the blocker app then disable it

see if that's causing issues bar that there's nothing much on it bar all the standard stuff.

Will do

Back