phone scams

L

louisiannalyn

it seems since i posted for help with my phone in the appropriate section i have found out more.
1> buying a second hand phone testing it on sight all works fine you bring it home to learn 10 minuets later it goes off line unregistered sim message.
phones the service provider to enquire in a round about way how can i check if something is kosha. ect ect.
they advise to phone to check the imei no is current and everything seems alright.

( neat trick they said to check ime number if none on phone *#06#)
anyway it seems talking to everone the growing trend seems to be insurance scams show the buyer online then when you have the cash report it stolen. you ge the cash for the phone and a new one off the insurance of the supplier.
nice trick unless you are the one who buys something in good faith and five minuets later are cut off.
ime not usually gullable but i fell for this one.
is it a case of god paying me back for i*v

yep never thought of that one.!

i woz told that way in case no sticker

nothing beats the old Philips c12 scam......02 pays as you go...simply turn the phone off and it will credit your phone £10 every time. If anyones got a standard Philips c12 pay as you go let me know. It has a red telephone box on the box of the phone. They cam out about 3 years ago

come on bringing up old post will not get u into the cable room quicker if that what ur trying to do m8

please dont bring year old posts up unless they r relevent

cheers

was that directed at me HUggi? hmm. 1st time ive mentioned it

it is unless u r no trying to get into the cable room then u have my apologies

Huggi? does that unlocking phones site you've put on above unlock phones which have been properly blocked?

Originally posted by huggi
come on bringing up old post will not get u into the cable room quicker if that what ur trying to do m8

please dont bring year old posts up unless they r relevent

cheers
A bit unfair there hugs i think the guys post was ok i think this cable thing is getting to us . Lets all calm down a bit and get back to being helpful constructive and friendly.

agreed IAN ... but i have told my mods to watch out for posts that have no quality to them.

not saying your post had no quality mr london lover... but it is a bit dated, but i can see it does effect this post in a way :)

but we see alot of new members just posting to get in the cable room ... now thats fine but if you are a member that does this then you wont get good support once you get in the cable room from peeps - and no mr london lover it was not aimed at you - just in general

but i remember you did PM me about your network id b4 you even started posting :( on dw, which i can understand you wanted to get it up and running :)

but a few posts and you will have cable access just try and make them posts positive please

Fair comment mickie but its posts like that prat the other week with the " just posting here to get my posts up" and the one letter posts that need dealing with my view is ban them but lets not discourage ppl who may be genuine. I remember when i started with the hacks some of the questions i had to ask. And you no what its like we all want it working yesterday.

might be better putting a time limit on access ie u must have
been a member for 1 month to access cable and 3 months
for the hub. You could still keep the post requirement aswell,
that way it makes it pointless for certain individuals to post dramatic amounts of posts. Which irritate everyone on the
site. not sure if this is possible but something to bear in
mind

yours helpfully hopefully

look boys i dont know the ins and outs of this site. Im learning as you were when you first came on here. Give us a chance fellas :)

Dont agree its unreasonable to expect someone to wait 1 to 3 months before getting access to info. I think (my opinion) that we are going overboard on this whole cable issue. At this rate we would be as well shutting the cable section down cos the only ones in have hacked and r up and running. Is it a case of closing the shop or r we to encourage more ppl to the hack. Maybe there should be a poll. Sugestion. Put in a cable newbie section with the basic info required and some one in there who will help and guide and once that newbie has mastered the basics let them progress into an advanced cable section. That way ppl who get pissed off at repeat questions ( after all they r not repeat to the asker) dont need to browse the newbie section if they dont want. Anyone posting shit or repeat questions in the advanced cable section would then cop some flack. I think its a way forward as we dont want to discourage ppl from the best forum dont let this go down the road that the other forums are going lets be unique.

Ian.

Look, I was probably one of those people that asked repeat questions and posted for the sake of posting. But I think you have to have some give and take. There is no real tutorial for the cable hacks and I see the problem that if you do put everything on a plate in one place ppl r just gonna come and get it and go.

I think the Vortex site is a very good start for a tutorial but it doesn't explain in much detail. Trouble is if you put ALL the info of Vortex it'll probably be gone within a month.

Finally I think the Mods do need to be a bit more considerate towards newbies, it doesn't state anywhere that you need 20 post for the cable stuff and if they don't like repeating themselves, then don't reply to the post.

Just remember we were all newbies at some point for something!

my fault sometimes get a little mad after all weve been through that ppl come and start posting crap apologies if i offened anyone but please make ur post worth reading!

we are the greatest forum and i want to keep it like that

@earwig u were definatley one of those ppl m8.... ok so lets get back to it!

one thing HERE !!!

you need 20 posts for the main cable room right !!!

but you only need 5 for the cable newbies section where you get limited support to get you on your way !!!!

5 posts is not much .... and bloody hell neither is 20 when we have well over 400 a day !!!

comon please all just have some concideration for the jobs that people do here, we are not monsters that is why huggi appologised and i have every faith in every mod we have here

if you think i have never ever chucked a mod out for being not what i thought you would be wrong just ask the mods, a good few have gone, and i am more than happy with the team we have and as alot of you know this site is gr8 if you just take the time to find out all of what we do !!!!.

Regards
Mickie D

Fair play to huggi.
I was not questioning his ability as a mod far from it and yes you guys do a great job as we veterens know and i was not aware that you only needed 5 posts for the newbies section so wot i was suggesting is already happening to an extent. So i appoligise there. This whole thing is off its head. LOL

@ IANBBB you old veteran ;)

the whole thing is a bit silly and we will be sure to have more of these debates lol as new members join and do post some how you say ??? CRAP.

to be honest i dont mind crap ... i post some myself more often than not ;)

its when people post crap get what they want and then fook off waisting everyones time never to be seen again until the next hack :(

letss not lket this get out of hand if you are a nebie please get involved you wont be a newbie long and then you will feel how everyone else feels about this place :)

Back