Tyson Fury bottles it

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the April Usyk fight is off, Fury has bottled it he has refused to sign the contract. Now this is the same guy who called out AJ and offered to fight him for free all proceeds go to charity.
He thought his 70/30 split would be enough to stop it happening until Usyk called his bluff and accepted.
Seems like the so called people's fighter has turn coated and joined the Mayweather greedy f""kers Club.
Wilder 4 I'm sure will happen something I wouldn't even watch on a stick for free. Legend ?? to be one you have to fight the best and the best way is to own all belts linear/ what if my backside

I'm also a fan of Fury but never believed that AJ's team were to blame for the fight not happening.

I think it’s only fair there is a rematch clause imo. But I understand Fury’s reasoning.

Tyson publicly stated that they should scrap the rematch, this was to simplify the deal.

“Rematch clauses can be very difficult and Tyson’s been there before when a rematch blocked a fight with him and Anthony Joshua [in 2021] when Deontay Wilder took him to court. That kyboshed that fight with Joshua.

Usyk holds 4 out the 5 belts so he's fully entitled to want a rematch. Then there's the small matter of the purse split on any rematch.

There's no way Fury could demand a 70/30 if he lost and held no belts. He's soon changed his colours on "Its not about the money" to been a fully fledged member of the greedy f**kers club.
He never thought Usyk would accept the 70/30 and now he's coughing and splurting looking for any way out. That's the sign of a man who thinks he could lose. I always knew he was bluffing. You can't fully promote a fight like this to it's max i.e. sell it home and abroad and have a fully focused training camp in 6 weeks, it needs 12-14 weeks for a fight of this magnitude a unification fight.

There was a whisper he preferred a Wilder4 so I'd except that might be his option simply for the USA PPV. To be honest, I've lost my patience with boxing. Tommy Fury proved it's no longer about winning say a prestigious Lonsdale belt but more about which celebs up for a scrap.
Saying that I'd pay see Eubank Jr v Alan Carr that would be funny

MMA will eventually become more popular than boxing imo.
I watch way more MMA than boxing and rarely watch Celeb boxing.
The thing about Fury he knows he’s the one everyone has to beat.
He’s the draw in any fight and uses it to his advantage and so he should imo and if you say you wouldn’t then you are kidding yourself.
We only see the them fight we don’t see the personal sacrifices they make and the shit they go through.
Then there’s the health issues they may have later on in life.
I say make as much money as they can while they are able because Joe Public ain’t interested after they are finished.

I watch some MMA but their mainly 3am 4am were as a fair few good UK fights are our time. The main reason why MMA wins is, everyone's under the same umbrella were as boxing has managerial and TV rights clashes left right and centre.
The attitude of Fury has totally changed and he's fell into the greed camp were his greed has taken over from everything else, everything he originally stood for. Another thing, his rants are abit school boy pathetic gappy tooth and all that, very cringeworthy

I personally think he'd beat Usyk but only just. it will be a far harder fight than Fury predicts and will be comfortably the best boxer Fury's ever faced or likely to do.

It's a bit reminiscent of Holyfield when he made that step up, if your smaller you either have to have one explosive ko punch like M.Tyson or be a very accomplished boxer with a record.
It's just a shame Fury's turned the way he has. He no longer comes across as the self proclaimed people's fighter but more of a Mayweather "How much" guy

shame

Usyk needs to fight Fury whether it’s for the money or to be called the best.
He will now have to start fighting his mandatory challengers from the belts that he holds.
He will earn less money and not be classed as the best because he needs to beat Fury.
Fury may not have all the belts but he holds all the cards imo.

Usyk needs to fight Fury whether it’s for the money or to be called the best.
He will now have to start fighting his mandatory challengers from the belts that he holds.
He will earn less money and not be classed as the best because he needs to beat Fury.
Fury may not have all the belts but he holds all the cards imo.
Usyk maybe be a superior fighter to wilder but he best dodge him, only needs to get hit with one big punch and usyk will be asleep, joshua landed loads in the second fight so he's hittable.

Last edited:
Usyk maybe be a superior fighter to wilder but he best dodge him, only needs to get hit with one big punch and usyk will be asleep, joshua landed loads in the second fight so he's hittable.
Wilder has no footwork and can’t box on the back foot either but has knockout power as you say.
I think Usyk beats him easily on points but has got to avoid the big shots and Fury didn’t manage that.
He also gains nothing really from fighting Wilder unless he destroys him in under six rounds and it won’t be that big of a payday imo.

They are called wait for it............
Prizefighters!
They fight for money believe it or not.
But it wasn't that long back Fury was screaming out for AJ to fight him for nothing and all proceeds go to a charity for the homeless,
How the worm has turned

Back