pet insurance , yes or no ?

same as you m8 only ive got 2 german shepards {1 with an ongoing ear infection} its cost about 2 and a half thou in vets fees this year alone, {7 or 8 thou overall}

no problem with petplan, they never asked me for any booster proof

I cant remember what it was called but does your dog always shake his head as though shaking off water?

That was my main concern as it is apparently really dangerous and can cause seriuos problems.He was a 2 year old rescue dog when i got him and his ears drooped down not upright like they should be and the vet told me it was because this condition had been left untreated for so long by whom ever had him as a puupy :(

Vets area bloody rip off, i look after the IT for 3 practises and they all dish out huge bills for drugs and treatment that costs buttons.........

they say they have the highest suicide rate of any proffession, must be not knowing what to do with all that money......

vets are rip off , but you must have insurance nowadays.
we use marks and sparks as they do life cover, which means if your dog gets arthritis for instance it`ll pay out every year of its life, some only pay £xxx and when you reach the limit no more.
we`ve just lost one of ours a few weeks but last year she would of cost us over £3000. it costs £850 for her to have an mri scan just after xmas last year. what your talking about really is private medicine.
like i said over £3000 worth of treatment for £150 premium , good deal really.
and after she died they even paid us back the £400 we paid for her and £120 towards getting her cremated and getting her ashes back.
we still have one left but would never be without insurance, trust me you don`t want to be in the position of deciding to have a pet put to sleep because you can`t afford treatment, get insured mate.
marks and sparks have a very good one and you can pay monthly if you like.

I cant remember what it was called but does your dog always shake his head as though shaking off water?

That was my main concern as it is apparently really dangerous and can cause seriuos problems.He was a 2 year old rescue dog when i got him and his ears drooped down not upright like they should be and the vet told me it was because this condition had been left untreated for so long by whom ever had him as a puupy :(

yes m8, shakes its head and its back leg starts shakeing like mad {its ear was affecting his balance}-----------only used to happen in the spring but now its all year round. im giveing him 100mg of atopica every day whitch seems to be sorting the prob.

Back