3 Month old child mauled by 2 dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bouncer

Inactive User
Reaction score
A FAMILY was devastated and a community in shock today after a baby boy was mauled to death by two family dogs at the home of his grandmother. Three-and-a-half-month-old Jadin Joseph Mech was fatally injured in the living room of a house in Ystrad Mynach, south Wales, shortly after midnight.

He was taken to the Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr where he was pronounced dead.

Police investigating the tragedy said they believe the injuries were caused by two dogs - a Staffordshire bull terrier and a Jack Russell. The dogs have since been destroyed.

Jadin is believed to have been the only child of a couple who were married a year ago. A post-mortem examination was being carried out on his body today. The house in Ystrad Mynach, was cordoned off and forensic officers examined the scene.

Neighbours said Jadin was staying with his grandmother when the attack happened. Neighbours told how they heard her screaming when she discovered what had happened. She is believed to have been treated for shock.
Police confirmed that Jadin’s parents were not present in the house and said no arrests have been made.

Neighbour Heather Organ, 47, said she was watching television when she heard screaming.

“It seemed as if somebody was very distressed or being attacked,” she said.

“I came out and saw my neighbour and he knocked on the door and asked her to open the door.

“When the door opened, two dogs ran out. At the time I didn’t realise what had happened so, rather than let the dogs get hurt, I picked up the Jack Russell and ushered the other one off the road.

“The grandmother came out and she was screaming ’The baby is dead! He is dead!’

“There was no blood on the Jack Russell but with the black one (Staffordshire bull terrier) I couldn’t tell. “When I entered the room the baby was obviously dead. The baby had a severe injury to his neck and with that the police arrived.”

She added: “It was dreadful. There was blood on the floor. “I know people can’t prove anything but at this moment in time it does suggest that it was the dog.”

Another neighbour, Gail Jones, 45, said she was walking back from a night out when she heard a distressed woman. “It was just after 12pm and I heard the grandmother,” she said. “She was more than crying - she was absolutely hysterical. The poor woman. It was terrible.”

She added: “You see these stories on the telly and you don’t think it is going to happen on your street. “I know one neighbour tried to give the baby the kiss of life so you can imagine what state he is in now. “Your heart goes out to the family. It is just tragic.”

Mrs Jones said she thought Jadin was the only child of his parents who were married “a year or so ago”.

Another neighbour, who declined to give his name, said: “It was the worst screaming I have ever heard. It was sickening.”
Ystrad Mynach councillor Alan Angel said: “I would imagine all the community is shocked by this. It is a tragic thing; especially with the boy being so young.”

Chief Inspector Jim Baker of Gwent Police said: “This is a tragic incident for the family and the community. “Gwent Police Family Liaison Officers are currently supporting and assisting the family through this difficult time. The family wish to be left alone to grieve.”

He added: “Although the exact circumstances of the baby’s death are yet to be established, we would like to reiterate the advice given to dog owners that dogs should never be left unsupervised with young children at any time.”

Staffordshire bull terrier or a Jack Russell.

Wonder which one done the Damage?

People will never learn.

I know any bread of dog can be lovely if looked after right but its what they have the ability to do which is the problem, and people let that sort of dog wonder free around the area.

Am afraid we will hear more and more of these stories unfortunately.

Another tragedy involving a dangerous dog. Whenever I post on these sad threads, I always get shouted down by owners of these breeds. It's never the dog's fault. Always someone else's.

When will we ever learn? :(

I don`t think they will nara , they think it will never happen to them probably the same as this woman thought and countless others.
Another tragedy involving a dangerous dog. Whenever I post on these sad threads, I always get shouted down by owners of these breeds. It's never the dog's fault. Always someone else's.

They will never learn m8...well not until it happens to their child

There was a similar attack a few months ago involving a young child and a staff

The staff had gone straight for the childs throte,which is the pure instinct of these dogs..natural born killers.

Very sad story my heart goes out to the parents.
i just cant help thinking if and why these dogs were in a room with a baby.No matter how good a dog is. children should never be left or even in a room with dogs on there own. were they in a room on there own with the child .I have a staff and he's so soft but i no he could turn at any time ? so many questions need to be answered.
so very sad case R.I.P

Last edited:

So why post on it then? Every time you post on threads like this it always seems to start an argument..funny that!!

Never liked Staffies..probably never will. That is a dog not to be trusted under any circumstances.

ALL dogs are capable of violence..its in their genes..pack animals and all that.They can be the most docile pet on the planet but don't disagree that they can turn...just for a second but that is enough. I've got an 8 stone Boxer, absolutely brilliant with the kids but still not allowed alone with them. She's the biggest softest dog I've ever known but don't doubt one minute that she would defend me with her life if I was threatened.
Dogs and young babies/children are a dangerous mix. Dogs need to establish a role in a family enviroment so they know where they are, they will be dominant and probably aggressive until they know their place. But for a dog to not be alpha male/female in an enviroment where there are only adults is alien to them. This is probably why a lot of these horrific incidents occur.

Its a sad sad case without a doubt.

So why post on it then? Every time you post on threads like this it always seems to start an argument..funny that!!

Never liked Staffies..probably never will. That is a dog not to be trusted under any circumstances.

ALL dogs are capable of violence..its in their genes..pack animals and all that.They can be the most docile pet on the planet but don't disagree that they can turn...just for a second but that is enough. I've got an 8 stone Boxer, absolutely brilliant with the kids but still not allowed alone with them. She's the biggest softest dog I've ever known but don't doubt one minute that she would defend me with her life if I was threatened.
Dogs and young babies/children are a dangerous mix. Dogs need to establish a role in a family enviroment so they know where they are, they will be dominant and probably aggressive until they know their place. But for a dog to not be alpha male/female in an enviroment where there are only adults is alien to them. This is probably why a lot of these horrific incidents occur.

nara's perfectly entitled to post on this thread (& indeed any others) and he makes a valid point. I love dogs as much as anybody but when a tragedy like this happens you (not you personally, you plural) can't defend it.
Sad to hear of another death like this, the parents must be absolutely distraught.
HH.

nara's perfectly entitled to post on this thread (& indeed any others) and he makes a valid point. I love dogs as much as anybody but when a tragedy like this happens you (not you personally, you plural) can't defend it.
Sad to hear of another death like this, the parents must be absolutely distraught.
HH.

Not trying to defend it mate.
Never said anyone wasn't entitled to post either but some people seem to post in unsavoury tones and accusations with these kind of threads. Still remember the Ellie Lawrenson one very well.

The biggest mistake people make is of treating their dogs like members of the family without understanding the messages that gives to the dogs.
Pecking order is everything in the animal world and unless you teach your dog that it is bottom of the pecking order in your "pack" you will have issues, especially with young children who cannot understand yet alone be responsible for asserting themselves as pack leaders.
Thats why young children and animals are an accident waiting to happen.

I've no recollection of the Ellie Lawrenson one but nara's quote seemed perfectly valid to me. Anyway nara can stick up for himself, as I said I love dogs but when a tragedy like this happens there's no valid excuse.
HH

When will we ever learn?

HH.

I've no recollection of the Ellie Lawrenson one but nara's quote seemed perfectly valid to me. Anyway nara can stick up for himself, as I said I love dogs but when a tragedy like this happens there's no valid excuse.
HH

HH.

Never said it wasn't valid..everyone is entitled to their opinion and not once in this thread have I stated that the dogs weren't in the wrong.

BUT

Nara already stated here that whenever he posts in these kinds of threads he gets shouted down by owners of these breeds, so why post? If he has no sympathy for the family involved then why bother typing anything unless to push his views on dogs. He never conveyed any sympathy towards the family, it was just another 'pop' at dog owners.

This is my last post on this (since a/ I've had a few beers & I'm knackered, b/ nara can post on his behalf & c/ I don't want to fall out with anybody)
He did say it was a tragedy & sad in separate sentences........... rather similar (IMHO) to your 1st post - horrific, sad sad. Just my tuppence worth.
Anyway the family must be inconsolable now, all our thoughts should be with them.
HH.

If he has no sympathy for the family involved then why bother typing anything unless to push his views on dogs. He never conveyed any sympathy towards the family, it was just another 'pop' at dog owners.

I was going to ignore your usual bile towards me, you were making a big enough arse of yourself without my help, but trying to twist this family's tragedy for your own ends is nothing short of disgusting.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited:
I was going to ignore your usual bile towards me, you were making a big enough arse of yourself without my help, but trying twist this family's tragedy for your own ends is nothing short of disgusting.

Bile? Have you been drinking because this post has got to be a joke?

What would that be about? I've not twisted anything for my own ends so not entirely sure where that has come from? I've made posts regarding the topic concerned, if that bothers you then thats your problem. LOL!

I was going to ignore your usual bile towards me, you were making a big enough arse of yourself without my help, but trying to twist this family's tragedy for your own ends is nothing short of disgusting.

And I've reported your post as well mate. Not entirely sure where you're coming from but not having you slagging me off in an open forum like that!

If you can't behave children then you WILL be smacked and sent to bed.

Not aimed at anyone but if you can't stand someone having a different opinion to you on a subject then please leave the human race and become a sheep.

Personally I don't blame the dog, any dog is a wild wolf at heart it's how you treat them that makes the difference.

Take my dog, he's a big soft lovable dalmation who just wants cuddles all the time, now I see his brother quite often and he would bark and snarl at a stranger.

Now is that because of the dog or the breed or the owner ?

Dogs need to establish a role in a family enviroment so they know where they are, they will be dominant and probably aggressive until they know their place. But for a dog to not be alpha male/female in an enviroment where there are only adults is alien to them. This is probably why a lot of these horrific incidents occur.

Agree mate, it's about pecking order with dogs as they are pack animals, simple as that. They will challenge, when the leader (YOU) anit around, to move up the ladder.

It's simple stupid stuff like how many of you let your dog run into the house before you ?

How many let your dog up on the cair beside you ?

Now I do feel for the family and in know way am I defending that dog but you could have the same animal in the same situation and nothing would of happened.

Some human's rape and murder does that make us all rapists and murder's ? Yes we are all capable of it.

How many let your dog pull in front on a walk ?

These are all things that tell the dog he is equal if not better than you and that's when you will start to lose control of your dog.

Last edited:
And I've reported your post as well mate. Not entirely sure where you're coming from but not having you slagging me off in an open forum like that!

Yes you could always pm Mickied and tell him you will get the forum shut down. Oh i forgot you already tried that one... Did you enjoy your holiday?

daz I could ask the same question as you pal
Just looking through some of your other posts...Are you trying to fill the gap that Witchy left?

The poor mans Witchy with stupid inane posts!!!

Keep up the good work mate..stock laughing!

But as long as you think you are funny then keep going!!! LOL.
Taken from this thread

think what you say and do before picking someone else up ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back