3 Month old child mauled by 2 dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I've reported your post as well mate. Not entirely sure where you're coming from but not having you slagging me off in an open forum like that!

Why don't you BOTH just pack it in before we end up with another Witchy/Slasher situation!

You are BOTH as bad as one another.

Remember that one daz :roflmao:

And I bet neither of you can you put a rowntrees fruit pastel in your mouth without chewing

Yes you could always pm Mickied and tell him you will get the forum shut down. Oh i forgot you already tried that one... Did you enjoy your holiday?

Now now IANB someone got warned for taking the piss out of your drama queen act ,and now you do the same ,shame on you

its a shame that another child has lost its life in such a tragic way. For me its always the same types of breed that seem to be attacking. Dangerous dogs should be banned, there's no two ways about it. How many innocent children have to lose their lives before such action is taken?? To some extent owners/parents/guardians are to be blamed as well... Why leave vulnerable children unsupervised with dogs when they know that this could happen??

When is the last time a sheepdog or Labrador mauled a child?

No matter what people say certain breads by nature have more aggression and brute force, aswell as a very equipped Jaw bone.

I like all dogs but ones such as a staff need someone who can look after it right and kkep it under control.

Yes this is a very tragic story and there have been several others recently involving staffies, but I have a staffie and he is very loving towards my 18mnth old son and has been since he was born. I just feel that this breed of dog is getting a very bad reputation, very fast and can soon see this breed of dag being illegal which would be devastating as they are loving dogs and possibly one of the most loyal breed of dogs. I know it is said too often but I feel it is how the dog is brought up to the way that it reacts.

I absolutely loved my brothers staffie. It was loyal loving and a family protector all rolled into one. The key to all this was its training. It basically grew up from a puppy along with my brothers 2 kids aged 4 and 10 at the time it was bought. The vet actually recommended that breed of dog for his family situation at that time. Never had any problems with it. Sadly it passed away a couple of years ago, but never was there a more lovable dog in the family.
that said - It WAS all down to the training. They took it to obedience classes as soon as it was old enough.
Now onto my point - I think people should have to go the dog obedience route when they are getting one of these. They are not for the "stupid". Give a staffie to a fool is a bit like giving a gun to the same person, lethal combination.

With all that said, condolences to the family ect. But i do feel strongly that the keepers should be investigated and if found to be negligent even prosecuted. It may sound harsh ect, but who is responsible ? The baby ? The Dog ? Or the "guardian". Only a fool would leave a baby alone with not one but 2 dogs. May god have mercy on their soul.

I know it is said too often but I feel it is how the dog is brought up to the way that it reacts.

It is to a large extent but often not the way you think.

Contrary to popular belief its usually not pack action or "pecking order" that triggers these attacks but simple jealosy. Dogs that are used to being given a lot of attention by their owners often feel their position is threatened when they see that attention being lavished elsewhere.

i have a staff myself and it is soft as shite towards everyone even strangers it my daughter who is a pain in the arse with it lol,she never stops fecking about with it and the dog loves the attention,it was borught up an trained quite well and knows it pecking order,,,,,i would never ever ever get any other type of breed of dog,,,my mam used to have one years ago and that was the same,the kids used to pull its tale and torment the poor thing and all the dog done was give a little growl then feckoff away form them lol

02022009139.jpg

exactly my point, the dog should know its place as the family pet, not a member of the family. This I feel is how these dogs get such a bad reputation as when the are treated as a member of the family they can then become jeallous etc just like any other dog would. And by the way lovely staffie m8

n621011126_926301_622.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad to hear about the death of a young child.

As someone who has owned dogs his whole life I'm with the school that dogs are an extension of their owners characters/ego. I've owned dogs that are considered to be very dangerous but I've personally trusted them with my children, I'd much rather the dog chaperones them on the way to the shops rather than them walk alone.

It would be nice to see some type of owner registration type of scheme where by certain breeds could only be kept by experienced individuals or perhaps owners of dangerous breeds having some type of forced schooling for the pet and owner. I am unsure as to whether this would have saved the childs life though.

The poor defenseless baby, saddest news I've read in a while. Yet more fuel for my burning dislike of dogs.

Well if your dog is around your own kids it is going to be familiar with them and not be threatening at all.

but its when they are let out unsupervised and come across a child that they do not know thats when they will attack, remember dogs are territorial, if a dog is in its area and a strange child comes along it is a very dangerous situation.

i was reading this with interest u all know my opinion on dogs and i have read about the dangerous dog the staffie but
no body has mentioned the evil breed of dog the ?????

Police investigating the tragedy said they believe the injuries were caused by two dogs - a Staffordshire bull terrier and a Jack Russell. The dogs have since been destroyed.

and by cisk

Well if your dog is around your own kids it is going to be familiar with them and not be threatening at all.

but its when they are let out unsupervised and come across a child that they do not know thats when they will attack, remember dogs are territorial, if a dog is in its area and a strange child comes along it is a very dangerous situation.

my dog the dangerous rottie
is that bad that if i point to my grandchilderen or any child he growls at me
as if to say leave them alone
if my daughter who has a baby is carrying the baby and it crys my dog barks at her as if to say are u hurting him

i still say it is how u bring the dog up

my dog the dangerous rottie
is that bad that if i point to my grandchilderen or any child he growls at me
as if to say leave them alone
if my daughter who has a baby is carrying the baby and it crys my dog barks at her as if to say are u hurting him

Don't take this the wrong way mate and you very obviously know your dog but I personally wouldn't be entirely comfortable with any dog that growled or barked around any small child or baby.

Can you be 100% entirely sure that your dog is growling/barking at what you think he's growling/barking at?

Don't take this the wrong way mate and you very obviously know your dog but I personally wouldn't be entirely comfortable with any dog that growled or barked around any small child or baby.

Can you be 100% entirely sure that your dog is growling/barking at what you think he's growling/barking at?
yes
deffo m8
i did once put my hand on a grandchild just after id did the pointing and he took hold of my hand and pulled it away

i have never seen a dog like mine m8
he is more a protector than a dog
the best or worce part is if i was walking and a lad give me grief and i went to hit him my dog would stop me
so i would have to let the lad have ago at me before my dopg would step in
he doesnt like anybody fighting or play fightiing he doesnt go for u he steps in between
and there are a couple of members on here who have seen him
who would back me up on this
i have a m8 who comes here and first time he was shit scared of him he hates dogs
but he said tonight that he wants to get a dog now because of the way he has seen mine

Sounds like a very well trained dog.

Just like to say again, I wasn't trying to cause any offence. It was just a question thats all.

Yes you could always pm Mickied and tell him you will get the forum shut down. Oh i forgot you already tried that one... Did you enjoy your holiday?

Its quite funny that one. I pm'd Mickie about that and the 3 month ban was instantly quashed and he didn't seem to know anything about it. Funnily enough,thats not the 1st time thats happened....

I've discovered the best method though...seems to be threatening to leave, pm people about who you want banned and then suddenly decide to stay. If you don't believe me Ian then just ask Karym.

And by the way Bronto...when you read this. Yes you asked me not to post about that again but I won't put up with tossers posting what they like. Certain mods/admin seem unable to distinguish between post count and relevancy. Am I supposed to be a member of this forum but put up with shit from Nara,IANB and co. without reply. Obviously if the answer is YES then I'll be banned tomorrow...(again).
Its high time the rules applied to EVERYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back