Pc Has Died

Satz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey got a bit of a strange problem, last night was on my pc everything fine turn it off and then turn it on this morning noting happend i tried disconnecting the power to see if worked nothing happend.

so i disconnected all components sound card gfx cd/dvd drive everything except for ram. and tried to power it still no power. then i thought might be powerpack so i tried ma powerpack on a older pc which is broken but it still powerd up the mobo(cpu fans started spinnign and beeped)

so i i moved all mobo and powerpack to a different case incase its the powerbutton still no signof life

thefunny thing is when i switch the power on from the powerpack the green led light on mobo is on showing theres power but no sign of life. i press on button non of the mobo fans or cpu fans spin

also tried it with out ram aswell

any suggestions b4 i go down ccl and buy a new pc

i think the only logical reason is a power surge might have fried the mobo possibly because of last night weather(remember lights going dim and bright)

The green light just means that the power is good. That does'nt say that the MB is. But the issue on the weather last night was that I am not aware of any lightning about.

Just check out that the font panel connectors, against the mannual, are on the Front Panel Header Pins ok. The PW is the most important one as that starts the PC.

yeh checked all the power connections, the only reason i think it was powersurge is because the lights on my house was dimming and brighting probley because of the weather.

first of all, is it a 775 board, they are known for going in the blue. Failing that you might want to check the system cmos battery. 90% of boards dont start if they are flat. Hope this helps.

SFUK

hey thanks for your input guys this is wierd now just went to ccl and bought new mobo ram and cpu got ma self a quad i was going to upgrade anyway

but i connected everything double checked all the connections and im gettin same issue on the new hardware the powerlight is on motherboard but no sign of powering up

hmm this is strange although the powerpack did power up my old old pc but thats very basic spec like 1.6ghz amd, the recent motherboards a 939 on dual core and this one is 775

so that leaves me to the powerpack.... what you rekon it seems like its not outputing enough power anymore but im not sure still

Have you used the battery from the old mother board (see previous post) If not it sounds like there could be a fault with your power supply and make sure the switch is working. Best way to do this is put a screwdriver across the pin headers on the mobo (works a treat). failing that you could always try another power supply. Its a shame you have bought a new board and have the same problem. Oh yeah and if you have fitted the new board check the spacers under the board (if you are using metal ones)

Hope You Get It Sorted

SFUK

Have you used the battery from the old mother board (see previous post) If not it sounds like there could be a fault with your power supply and make sure the switch is working. Best way to do this is put a screwdriver across the pin headers on the mobo (works a treat). failing that you could always try another power supply. Its a shame you have bought a new board and have the same problem. Oh yeah and if you have fitted the new board check the spacers under the board (if you are using metal ones)

Hope You Get It Sorted

SFUK

yeh ive had a look ill check the spacers again if its dodgy connection and try the battries but got a feeling its psu thats last thing to try neways but thats for u help sfuk appreciated

Just a quick thought.

Are you sure that the start button is functioning. It must put a ground onto pin 14 of the PSU to start the PC. The green light would be on but the MB would not start if the start button is not working.

Also make sure it is on the correct pins on the MB Front Panel Header Connectors.

Back