Paypal refunded item turns up after 2 months!!!

gersrt

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I bought an item from ebay it never turned up and paypal gave me a refund 2 weeks ago and closed the case.

Today to my disbelief the item arrived in the post 2 months after the day I bought it.

Where do I stand now??? The seller will probably see that I received the item because it was tracked.

What should I do? If I contact the guy to pay him the money I don't think I should give him the full amount, because of the amount of time it took to get here, and if I was to send it back it would cost 100 euro on postage.

Or should I lay low, as paypal awarded me the disbute, and probably wont open it again.

I'm confussed,

id just keep the item and see what happens....if the case is closed im guessing there isnt alot that can be done.
if its a company selling or someone who sells alot then the chances are they wont be tracking a closed case item anyway!

I dont think the person will still be looking at the tracking number, they would have claimed off the post office for losing it, and if they have now delivered it, then they dont have a clue whats what..
its a free bee mate, or a late xmas pressie

100 Euro to send back must way a ton lol

Hi I bought an item from ebay it never turned up and paypal gave me a refund 2 weeks ago and closed the case.

Today to my disbelief the item arrived in the post 2 months after the day I bought it.

Where do I stand now??? The seller will probably see that I received the item because it was tracked.

What should I do? If I contact the guy to pay him the money I don't think I should give him the full amount, because of the amount of time it took to get here, and if I was to send it back it would cost 100 euro on postage.

Or should I lay low, as paypal awarded me the disbute, and probably wont open it again.

I'm confussed,

Its a laptop, and its the only item he has sold

lay low and see what happens. let the seller get in touch and take it from there..

if the bloke who sold the laptop hadn't claimed the money back from the courier service he used believe me he would of been in touch, at the end of the day the seller will of got his money back so will not be tracing it up, obviously if he gets in touch and demands it back you will have to send it back to him out of good will, but other than that its yours!

Drop him a line and tell him the item has turned up. He may have claimed off the insurance but he might not have got anywhere with the claim. Say if he wants it back he can arrange collection.
He might have sold sold the item because he was desperate for money and might still need the cash so at least give him the chance to sell it again.

I was getting desperate for money in the summer so sold off a load of stuff on ebay. If I were the seller in this case I'd be over the moon at knowing that it finally turned up and there may be a chance of getting something back.

do the right thing, let him know it's arrived. chances are he's got his money back.

i see the honesty approach but what if he's already got his money back, says he hasnt collects his laptop and is laughing all the way to the bank?

all comes down to your conciense i guess

I thought the idea of having an item tracked is so that it can't get lost and you will know exactly when you will get your item?

hi, just email ask him what has happened with the case and see if he has been paid. if not then let him pay to have the laptop returned.

All of you guys that are saying to either return or let the seller know would genuinely do that?
If so the world is not as bad as I thought! there is some hope!

I am a eBay seller and there is people trying pull a scam on me all the freaking time!

hi, just email ask him what has happened with the case and see if he has been paid. if not then let him pay to have the laptop returned.

yeah do that. BUT also say in the email to him that if he does want it back , he pays for the return in advance AND you will be informing the transport company AND paypal that the items was never lost and arrived ok in the end and you've returned it (with a tracking number) - that way, it may put him off trying to scam it by claiming for it being lost AND getting you to return the laptop to him . he might just say "i have my money so keep it"

Last edited:
All of you guys that are saying to either return or let the seller know would genuinely do that?
If so the world is not as bad as I thought! there is some hope!

I am a eBay seller and there is people trying pull a scam on me all the freaking time!

same here but you've got to treat others as you would like to be treated, as someone pointed out earlier.

I would let them know and offer him to pay half for it and let him claim the money form Royal Mail. See what he says.

Back