Paypal - customer service.

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else been waiting on a resolution from paypal for weeks upon weeks.

I ordered some items from Germany in mid November and the tracking has not been updated since mid December. After contacting the courier in January they said the parcel was missing as its not normal for the tracking to not be updated for that length of time. I contacted the seller and they advised to wait a little longer and said they would open a claim with the courier. With the current situation with Covid i was fine with that. As everything is slower.

After 2 more weeks I contacted the seller a few times and they just kept saying wait. By mid feburary I was sick of get the same waffle from the seller so opened a paypal dispute that stated there would be a resolution by 21st of Feburary. 21st of Feburary rolls around and i check the dispute and now it says 25th of Feb. The resolution date has been put out time and time again since then and now its saying 16th of March. No update or nothing as to why the resolution is being put out.

WTF like these items came to nearly €350 and have been missing now for over 3 months and were odered 4 months ago. Its been 7 times the expected delivery time and still nothing. Putting in formal complaints to paypal has done nothing to speed up the process and I have not even got back a response.

All I can say is I have never encountered a situation like this with PayPal. But I do use a credit card when paying with PayPal so if a similar situation occurred I would start chargeback process with my credit card company and get my money back that way.

All I can say is I have never encountered a situation like this with PayPal. But I do use a credit card when paying with PayPal so if a similar situation occurred I would start chargeback process with my credit card company and get my money back that way.

I opened a claim with revolut which is the card i have linked to paypal to get the money back but after reading the T&Cs they states they can not refund you if you purchase using paypal. Ill see what they say anyway.

Paypal have now extended the resolution date from the 16th to the 20th. This is like an endless loop with paypal. Of the 4 times i opened disputes with them i only got the money back twice.

Attachments

• viber_image_2021-03-15_15-45-02.jpg
    viber_image_2021-03-15_15-45-02.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 7
I can tell you from firsthand experience it is a nightmare to try to have PayPal step in when purchasing items. If you are buying from a facebook or Forums, always pay with goods and services. That will protect you, although it could take sometime if you opened a case and the seller does not respond or responds with Fake information, it just delays the process.

I have learned to Use my Credit Cards when using PayPal, especially AMX, they will go after PayPal and or the Seller. As long as you have tracking and email proof. AMX will cover you 100%.

In the past I did some pre-orders and used my bank account. Covid Hit, the company went under, lost my money and PayPal could not do a single thing as it was past 90 days, Had I used my Credit Card, I would have been covered.

Back