patching and keys help

edit: i put the firmware on from technomate. then put the new firmware on, but now when i go to load the keys, the box cant see the key file, i dont have a clue why. any ideaS?

its getting more and more confusing by the minute!!! You probably have already tried it but how about power cycle it before trying the softcam again!!

ive tried that also lol. what about a factory reset, then load the patch, then the keys then load my channel list, think i should see if that works?
EDIT:tried this, still no joy. however ive noticed something, when i used to load files there was a green button which would let u upload key, now thats dissapperared :S

Last edited:
turn digitvAU off, download the softcam again (make sure you unzip it first) power cycle receiver then load keys again

i think with the AU turned on it may be overwriting your key file

Didn't think there was an Auto update function on this receiver that can be turned off. Anyway-

1) Check your system settings and make a note of the rf output/Usals settings so you can reset it later

2) Upload your channel list from the box to your pc with the latest loader/usb stick

3) Now do a factory reset , then goto standby and back on again

4) Now load the latest official firmware

5) Go to standby and back on again

6) Now load the latest patch for your receiver

7) Load your saved channel list

8) Load the latest TM softcam

9) Check RF/Usals settings and re enter correct setings that you noted down at the start of this procedure.

10) Reboot once more.

You must follow this in the above order

i followed that list mate. before i install the patch the option to load keys by pressing green is there, when i load the custom patch, the option to load keys dissapears, any ideas?

i followed that list mate. before i install the patch the option to load keys by pressing green is there, when i load the custom patch, the option to load keys dissapears, any ideas?

that cant be right official firmware will not have option to load keys

did it again, all went through, installed patches, then keys, still locked, nova sport, and all the other sport channels all with a $ next to them. any ideas guys as this is doing my head in now lol

done every step on the list, with au on and off, and still i cannot get it to work! anyone got anymore idas? this is starting to do my head in lol

yeh get bbc world, get the gospel channel or whatever it is aswell. deffo on west one, matched channels to the transponders etc mate

still all locked with that key file mate. i loaded it there, the box is patched with the latest patch, but the keys didnt do anything :(

still all locked with that key file mate. i loaded it there, the box is patched with the latest patch, but the keys didnt do anything :(
hi m8
to check if the patch has loaded try this test first
turn the receiver on and on the remote press menu
and go to system information and click>ok
on this panel you will see what software you have loaded
you will also see two bar strips [cas menu] and [biss menu]
if the receiver has a patch loaded
if you dont see [cas menu] and [biss menu] bars first type 2004
and see if they appear
this is how you load the patch with a memory stick
first download the software,patch/softcams etc: then open the zipped
folder and take the file out [you must make sure the file is out of the folder]
before you transfer the file to the memory stick, for loading on the receiver.
then load the files patch and/or softcams onto the receiver.
put the receiver on a free to air chn then put memory stick in tm, USB port. press the green button on tm 5000 remote,it goes to data transfer, you will see the patch,highlighted go to the patch and press>ok, it will now down load, you will see green loading bar when complete the receiver will re-boot turn off and on again,then press exit. and remove the memory stick,change channels and the channels should open.
[you go to data transfer in different ways on the various tm models] on the tm 6000 you press the usb button on the remote
it is exactly the same way for loading softcamkey files via a memory stick when they need to be loaded.

Last edited:
hiya mate, tried it again, still no joy. the cass and biss menus do show up when i lok for them tho. im so tempted to give in and ebay the box lol it just does not wana work lol

try a full reset using the Technomate download in the menu box, then reload the patch , do it while your on 1w then reload all patches and softcam without moving dish.

don't give up as when you do get it you'll realise what the prob is for the next time.

Back