How to set up android tv remote volume keys

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
I’ve got a cheap little android box T95h quad core box. The remote works apart from the tv volume and channel control. If I press volume down on my tv remote it skips the playback of movies etc back 50 seconds. The remote looks like it can be setup to control the volume and channel buttons, but I’ve thrown the box out with the instructions like a whopper. Does anyone know how to set this up? Many thanks

Give that a try

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does work pal, my remote looks similar but holding the button down and it doesn’t stop flashing, I’ll go back to the seller

Still not found a solution for this, when i use the volume keys on my tv remote it causes videos to fast forward to the next in the playlist which is mega annoying! anyone else got any ideas? the box does everything i need other than this rubbish remote! could I replace the remote with a better one?

Still not found a solution for this, when i use the volume keys on my tv remote it causes videos to fast forward to the next in the playlist which is mega annoying! anyone else got any ideas? the box does everything i need other than this rubbish remote! could I replace the remote with a better one?

In setting go to HDMI CEC and make sure CEC Switch is off.
You could my yourself and air mouse with keyboard. I use a minix remote but it doesn’t power my box down I have to use the original remote for that.

You can buy air mouses with programmable buttons. I used to have one but can’t remember the make of it. I will try and find out.

something like this.
ProChosen 2.4G Backlit Air Mouse Remote, Wireless: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Last edited:
Think I’m going to buy one of those remotes that I’ve just posted. I have been reading the reviews and it sounds really good and it’s backlit, has programmable IR buttons and cheap which is a bonus.
@magicalbeef this should sort your problem also as you can program the buttons as needed from your original remote.

Thanks for the tip avid, is this setting on the android box or the tv? ill check those remotes out

Thanks for the tip avid, is this setting on the android box or the tv? ill check those remotes out

The setting on your android box
I have just ordered one of these from Aliexpress chose to have it shipped from Czech Republic 6-10 days shipping.
Did a bit of research and looks really good and you can program all the button except for the keyboard side.
I was after a backlit remote and your post has made me look into it so thanks.
US $16.92 32% OFF|Wechip W2 Pro Air Mouse Voice Remote Control Microphone 2.4G Wireless Mini Keyboard Gyroscope for Smart Android TV Box Mini PC|Remote Controls| - AliExpress
This is the same but a different manufacturer.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Thanks mate, might have to go this route, tried turning cec off to no avail, shame really cos the box does everything I need it to aswell!

Update. This only seens to happen using my iptv app when I’m watching box sets, what the hell!

It’s a modified smarter I think the provider provided the app, could possibly be xc iptv aswell

Remote is working in a fashion, although random apps open from time to time which I need to stop. Is there a way of disabling the mouse pointer permanently? I can turn it off with the button but it just comes back on

Back