patching and keys help

yes mate, motorised. im using disceq, the motor is a technomate. i have only used usb as my pc is in the other room. and yeh thats the correct patch. i was thinking to myself tho, even if the dish wasnt plugged in, or i was even on a diff sat, with the patches being software, theyd still open would they not? either way im getting almost 80% green signal on the channel, so it should deffo be viewable
when i press 8280, a box comes up, and the top line, OFF is highlighted. is there something i need to do to chnge this to on?|

Last edited:
yes mate, motorised. im using disceq, the motor is a technomate. i have only used usb as my pc is in the other room. and yeh thats the correct patch. i was thinking to myself tho, even if the dish wasnt plugged in, or i was even on a diff sat, with the patches being software, theyd still open would they not? either way im getting almost 80% green signal on the channel, so it should deffo be viewable
hi m8,
[first forget the 8280 biss panel for now]
it does'nt matter which sat your on when you patch
or load softcams they still load and work,
i have anouther test to see if we can get digi-tv to open
and to check if you have a upto date frequencies and channel list
on your receiver give this a try
while on thor turn on and on the remote press

menu>and go to advanced search>ok
now press the green button [add tp]
transponder enter 12.643
symbol rate enter 27.500
polarisation enter V
now you should see the level and quality bars highlight
next press the red button to scan
when finished look at the end of the channel list
and see if the channels open you there should be about 12 chns on this frequency and nova sport is one of them

when i do that mate, the bars light up blue and yellow, and it scans, finds 19 channels, but i can only view the bottom half of the list as it finds them all straight away, how can i move to see the top half and see if it finds it?

when i do that mate, the bars light up blue and yellow, and it scans, finds 19 channels, but i can only view the bottom half of the list as it finds them all straight away, how can i move to see the top half and see if it finds it?
hi m8,
if you have used the advanced search scan way and
put the frequency in i posted it should only find 12 or 13 chns
and they are all digi-tv scrambled chns, are any scrambled chns like
nova sport, film+ce, animal planet ce, reality ce, on the list you have scanned?
and do they open?

i have to nip out now mate, but when i get back, what ill do is reset my channel list, and scan that tp, then ill know what im finding, and ill be able to see if they unlock. thanks a lot for ur help mate i really appreciate it:)

i have to nip out now mate, but when i get back, what ill do is reset my channel list, and scan that tp, then ill know what im finding, and ill be able to see if they unlock. thanks a lot for ur help mate i really appreciate it:)
hi m8,
take your time mate post back when your ready
i just wish i was in the same erea as you i would sort the box out for you. you dont need to do anything but add the frequency in the advanced scan first and see if the chns that scanned open

hi bud, i wiped my channel list and scanned that tp and i get the following:
bundesliga home k
bundesliga info k
bundesliga 1-8
adult channel
kabelkiosk
blue hustler
hsutler tv
yacht and sail
espn classic
rush test
super sports
tvni europe

bundesliga home k
bundesliga info k
bundesliga 1-8
adult channel
kabelkiosk
blue hustler
hsutler tv
yacht and sail
espn classic
rush test
super sports
tvni europe
problem solved mate your on tellecom 2D at 8w
not thor at 1w now lets get you to thor 1w
turn on set the channel on nova sport
then click menu>motorised settings
on this panel you will see this info
satellite 1.0w thor 2/3 on the top line
go to diseqc motor and if its set for usals
use the vol button and set it for diseqc 1.2
then go to save and press ok when saved
exit the menu and press the blue button on your remote
now the diseqc motor view control panel will open
useing the right volbutton send the dish slowly east untill
you get a good strong signal then drop down to save and press>ok
exit the menu and now check if the channels open
beware that if your motor setting was on usals before you started
if you go back to usals settings or move the dish you will loose the thor 1w
setting once you have thor open i will tell you how to set the dish for all sats

bundesliga home k
bundesliga info k
bundesliga 1-8
adult channel
kabelkiosk
blue hustler
hsutler tv
yacht and sail
espn classic
rush test
super sports
tvni europe

correct me if im wrong im sure you should have alot more channels than that,remember you have scanned sirus or 16e there not thor thats where u should be starting from.

correct me if im wrong im sure you should have alot more channels than that,remember you have scanned sirus or 16e there not thor thats where u should be starting from.
it was only a one tp scan that i ask for to check the satellite
thats why he only got those chns scanned in mate
and as you say it now needs a re-set from thor

big thanks to rumpole and everyone, ive got 1w working at the channels open :) now, as i reset the box, i need to scan for the rest of the sats, whats the best way to do it as i dont wana f**k it up lol

big thanks to rumpole and everyone, ive got 1w working at the channels open :) now, as i reset the box, i need to scan for the rest of the sats, whats the best way to do it as i dont wana f**k it up lol
try this way mate ignore the dish fitting info as you have set the dish up

MOTORISED DISH USING USALS

1: Put up wall bracket or a pole vertical with a spirit level on a south facing wall or as close to south as possible.
2: while motor is still on floor adjust your elevation/latitude markings on the motor to the same as your latitude where you live, if your motor markings have only elevation makings it is 90- latitude= elevation on motor. use dishpointer.com to find the longitude and latitude.fully Tighten up. this will not have to be adjusted again.
3: Attach your dish to motor while still on floor making sure the dish bracket is in line with the vertical line on the motor as this is very important. Tighten up bracket to the dish as you should not have to adjust this again. And also loosely tighten up the nut on the elevation on dish.
4: Put dish and motor to wall bracket and point roughly south then loosely tighten up.
5: Run your cable from your receiver to the motor.dont clip to the wall yet,
do this after the set-up.
6: Input your latitude and longitude on your receiver yours will be different to others before adjusting your dish, and then tell usals to go to Thor 1W/0.8W.
7: Then adjust the dish for the best signal for Thor, by moving only the motor around the wall bracket/pole and the elevation on dish. I use a meter for this part but for people without a meter use BBC world channel to check the signal with.[this is a strong signal] Once the signal is the best you can get it tighten everything up, and then run cable from motor to lnb, if you are using your receiver to check signal for alignment rather than a meter this needs to be done first.
8: Seal all the cable connections with amalgamating tape.and clip the cable to the wall and where it enters the house though the wall, loop the cable below the entry to allow rain water to run off and not damage the system connections.
9: the finished job, well done!
10:and above all make sure you work safe and double check everything.[more haste less speed] If you are not confident working at heights or using power tools do not attempt this yourself. Stay safe.

You were adamant you were on 1 west mate, so I was correct thanks. Ia sked you to check digi film on 1 west which you obviously didn't. Sorry I f I sound harsh but if you don't follow what you are told by the experts then you will struggle. I am glad you are sorted out now mate. Good luck.

Last edited:
hi all I had the same problem with patch 674p so Iput the patch 672p and new softcam in problem solved cheers plonker

Have just read thru this whole thread. Well done Rumpole for taking the steps to check the dish alignment was correct. When your not an expert it's very easy to think you have things right when in fact you haven't.

It's help like this that puts this forum above many others

Last edited:
Back