PANASONIC SC-PT480 Picture Problem

all of a sudden there is no picture :err:

Ive always had it plugged into HDMI2 with the same lead and its always showed a picture on TV screen be it DVD or playing iPhone

Ive painted recently so all was unplugged (from TV only) everything in the cabinet was left plugged in

so TV back on wall and HDMI1/2, Wii, and 1 scart all plugged back in and all working
apart from picture from PANASONIC SC-PT480, sound is there from everything but nothing shows on screen

Ive tried another HDMI lead and swapped from HDMI 1 to 2

now I'm stumped lol its gotta be something silly I'm sure that I'm missing

Ive just had a thought too, it was working the day after I painted all the walls and put TV and connected it all back
as the next day I was glossing and was listening to iPhone through it all via the TV

Try updating the firmware if you haven't since you bought it. may help

"iPod interoperability improvement"

SC-PT480/580/880 Firmware Download (Europe/UK) | Download | Audio | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global

phoned Panasonic just now and went through a few things

in the end we done a reset of the unit and after a minute or so a error message came up on from display U702 which is a HDMI fault

she took my post code and there is a Panasonic repair center about 10 miles away, so rather than take it to Curry's to send away I will take it to my local repair center :)

thanks for all the input guys :thumbsup:

something has changed my end :( and I cant work out what
took unit in today and they turned it on via HDMI and it worked

brought it home plugged it in and it don't work

tried it on the TV in kids room and it worked

:err:

all that flash's up on mine is
HDMI1
720x576 / 50Hz
thats the TV though, I cant see no settings on the TV for HDMI

I have no idea whats changed ? it all used to work perfectly a couple of weeks ago

Ive been searching for that MH with no luch as yet

Ive found a post on AV forums where someone had a simlar problem with same TV with a PS3

Tevion LCD4040

Looks like you may have damaged the hdmi port on the TV between unhooking from wall and removing the hdmi, Possibly a dry joint - maybe a hot iron can sort it out

but it dont work in either 1 or 2 port and the Sat box works in both ports so it cant be that

its not the lead coz Ive tried the one thats used for sat box

Plug it into another tv and change the output resolution. Maybe the output resolution has been changed as is too high for your TV?

Plug it into another TV and change the output resolution. Maybe the output resolution has been changed as is too high for your TV?
I did look at that yesterday and it didn't work, I think its finds the settings automatically, on boys TV in hdmi settings it was showing as 576 (I think)
but I will try this afternoon again :)

Can you connect via scart then change the settings to hdmi switch off then connect hdmi lead?

When the scart is in and I go into hdmi settings it say Not Connected and nothing is highlighted to change

I will deffo try it later :) wonder what size screen the repairers tried it on yesterday :err:

Try connecting both scart and hdmi at the same time then change imput to HDMI 720p if you can. if it works switch off and remove scart lead ???????

Hi what you need to do is make sure that you have connected both the scart lead and the HDMI Lead at the same time, then go into your AV Channel via the scart socket, press set up on the remote, then change from RGB to HDMI, at this point the screen should flicker then go off, quickly change to your HDMI channelon the T.V, there you will see you have 15 seconds to confirm the changes, once you press Yes the HDMI is set up, it no lohger plays through the RGB just through the HDMI

Ive tried with hdmi and scard both inserted Shaun

this is why Im so conffused mate

Ill try what MH said but yesterday when plugged in boys TV I didnt see a save option
but will check

I just set it up to 1080i on boys TV and took it back to my TV and still nothing
set the scart up with hdmi lead still in too went to scart channel to check hdmi and says not connected

Back