Pacino V2.0

gav12345 said:
snip....

enough is enough we must draw a line somewhere and thats it

cheers

I think it's great what you have both done and thank you.

If there are changes/improvements that people want, then now isn't the time to ask after all the work gone into it. Feedback is good, but appreciation shown goes a long way.

Cydine, this is the problem I had on the other site which is why I've not even been back on there. It gets too much. People think it only takes two minutes and "dead easy" to modify something. Everything takes time. It seems as though you can't give enough sometimes. Would PM you from here but it's not available to me yet. I take it you log on as a different name on the L forum? Couldn't find you.

Thanks again fella's. Works great on my Sagem apart from normal teething troubles.

sHelf said:
i can confirm this. recording woked fine for me using a direct to file mounted via /mnt/record using regular CIFS stylee. only problem i have is the many reported red green thingy and also DHCP dont seem to work.

keep up the good work =]

m8 so its ok for you apart from the red green ok thats great news and im sure others will have to learn from you how you got it up and running m8

cheers for sharing

first of all gav one of your best m8 if not THE. Now i am playing around with my favorite "waiting for time box" and believe it or not it came on no problem so dont get to upset lol anyway followed all the instructions as you suggested and .........WOW..............what can i say m8 superb quality picture i tried a fast scan took about 2mins 287 channels ...again WOW...but it did not find all the movie channels only found sky movies 1+2 and sky cinema, turner. but no problems i tried a slow scan still the same i can put my service and bouquets in myself but you have to remeber its not a very good box and this is the box that when its on some cahnnels it stutters but it didnt do it with the sports they all work great now there is only one or two channles that stutter and stick so you could say its helped i tried changing ucodes and the like but it didnt help not to worry though so again m8 all i can is for myself this is one brilliant piece of work all who had a hand in it take a big applause :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

cydine_ said:
EPG menu problem is fixed as is the yweb channel changing problem.

Dunno about the recording though as I can't test it.
was it an easy fix or will it be straight over my head if you go imnto details

cdh555 said:
Gav if it's not too much trouble can you build the image with my fixed movieplayer source?

I've pm'd you the link to the file, it's a modded version of the latest source from tuxbox.

Thanks.

@CDH555 & Cydine

Guys,

if you supply me with your diffs (cdh already emailed me ;-) ) I always try my best to give this information to the right guys at the Tuxbox Forum.

If you document your changes it is easier for these guys to understand what you changed and they might implement your stuff....

Recording to PC via windows xp pro works 100% for me

Thanks to Gav and Cydine for image. Any Ideas when I will be able to get front rows back???

Thanks to Chi for guide

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50236

You need flashxp to make var/mnt/movies directory on box

Make sure you change default uCode to 0014

Make sure all firewalls are off

I have also managed to get the picture viewer work 100%

The only problem i am encountering is the music player. I can get the box to view the files on my pc if i am quick, but then the box just goes back into TV mode and I have to soft boot to get the remote control to work again.
2 out of 3 isnt too bad for my first try...

Any one else had success with the movie recording and picture viewer working. If so did you get the music player working??

Any problem I will try to help. Make sure you type everything the guide says.

Last edited:
I've noticed the picture is pretty good on live TV but playing files via VLC are not as good as with de-deej's recent Sportster pro.

A suggestion would be to add sub-folders to the /mnt folder, eg /MP3 & /REC - might save some of the questions from users later.

The SR, NET ID & FREQ is not mentioned in the sticky, so here they are if anyone needs them - NET ID = 00008, FREQ = 739.00 and SR = 6887

Last edited:
Just a quick message to say, well done gav and cydine brilliant image and understand the frustration with people asking for stuff to be added.

The faults cydine mentioned a few (well quite a few now) posts ago are the same ones I am finding, so when the both of you get a chance to fix them will make image even better than anybody would have thought it could be and hats off to you both.

I dont really understand what it takes to change all these settings and make them work correctly but great stuff and hats off to you for taking the time and effort, sure there is other things you want to be getting on with!!

In terms of auto scan, does this mean every now and again you get message 'reloading channel lists' appearing as this is what I get. And sometimes it makes some channels appear and disappear eg Sky Sports 1 is there and then disappears?

pacino v2 1x image

i have just load up to my sagem x1 box it seems run very stable and fast channel change i will try few days see how it goes looks very promissing
thanks for all the hard for making this work gav12345
khady:Clap:

Pacino V2

Hi

I've upgraded from Pacino V1 to V2 on a 1xSagem.

Could not get the fast scan to work.
Channel Scanning on slow scan took ages, over three hours..
Found 0/0 transponders on slow scan.

Downgraded back to V1

What am I doing wrong?

bennyben said:
Hi

I've upgraded from Pacino V1 to V2 on a 1xSagem.

Could not get the fast scan to work.
Channel Scanning on slow scan took ages, over three hours..
Found 0/0 transponders on slow scan.

Downgraded back to V1

What am I doing wrong?

just deleted your other one as no point starting another thread as this is for both nokias and sagem boxes and 1x and 2x

cheers

Don't forget to change your net id and frequency, check Gav's first post on this thread and follow the guide. Been messing for about half hour now and it's well worth a bit of patience.:Clap: :Clap:

Cheers to Gav and all involved for this upgrade, it works a treat so far.
:Cheers:

bigga18 said:
Don't forget to change your net id and frequency, check Gav's first post on this thread and follow the guide. Been messing for about half hour now and it's well worth a bit of patience.:Clap: :Clap:

Thanks Will do, cheers to all you guys for your help to the newbies!! :)

Hi, goint back to one of the points i had an issue with, for the last 2 nights i have left the unit on stand-by, and in the morning once i have switched it on, no sound on any channel. As soon as i reboot the box, works perfectly again.
I dunno if i am the only one with the issue...

:/

spiff said:
Hi, goint back to one of the points i had an issue with, for the last 2 nights i have left the unit on stand-by, and in the morning once i have switched it on, no sound on any channel. As soon as i reboot the box, works perfectly again.
I dunno if i am the only one with the issue...

:/
dont think you are m8 im sure its been mentiond same as not being able to get box into stanby with red button im sure its being looked into m8
just give th lads some time lol

You can get it into standby by pressing the red power button. You probably mean that you can't get it into deep sleep mode with holding that button down for a few seconds.
All that you have to do to get that working is simply switch that option on in the config settings (misc settings and then turn on delayed shutdown).

bigga18 said:

Got the fast channel scan working, no Front row channels,

Thanks for the updated Pacino v2 image to Gav12345 and Cydine.

As stated prev:
Fast Scan misses FR channel, so reverted back to saved services.xml
EPG red button issue

All FR channels have epg which is the most useful thing for me about this image. Also no freezes and losing of epg yet.

Once again many thnks :banana: :banana:
npxxx

Back