Pace 4010 - Total noob

hatchet

Banned
Reaction score
Searched on this forum for answers but lots of people say different answers.

Only got this box for a few hours

The box is my uncles its been done just got a new card and when he turns it on it comes up with nit then er11 and er12.

Read you need to set the frequency, whats the frequency for telewest? and the symbol rate? Can this be done by remote?

Do i need to force update? hows this done?

I don't have a clue about hacking these boxes i just stick to the simple starview.

What do i need to do to fix this problem? change net id? hows this done? if theres a tut then if anyone could give me a link to it then that would be great, also heard you need to pull the red jumper for ten seconds. what is this and hows it done?

I don't have any hardware like programmers ect.

Sorry for the noob questions

If you don't have any hardware your not gonna be able to set the correct netid....

If you getting nit (Not in Tune) try taking the box to the main feed in the house. Sometimes it's just a weak signal that will cause a NIT. Boxes only set the netid in pure n*l areas so if your in Telewest your gonna need some hardware to set it m8

If you don't have any hardware your not gonna be able to set the correct netid....

If you getting nit (Not in Tune) try taking the box to the main feed in the house. Sometimes it's just a weak signal that will cause a NIT. Boxes only set the netid in pure n*l areas so if your in Telewest your gonna need some hardware to set it m8

Its been tried in 2 different houses now mate and its coming up the same errors, look like it will need to be sold since i don't have any hardware to fix the box

inside the box is red jumper plug near the battery, Pull this plug with the power off and wait 20 secs put back on and power up it should reset itself to your netid as this is one of the only box that sets itself

inside the box is red jumper plug near the battery, Pull this plug with the power off and wait 20 secs put back on and power up it should reset itself to your netid as this is one of the only box that sets itself

Just tryed that mate it just came up with the same errors.

Well that worked for me, you can set the frequency by going into the engineers menu but not the netid. The netid can be set by programming a funcard (program in download section)

Well that worked for me, you can set the frequency by going into the engineers menu but not the netid. The netid can be set by programming a funcard (program in download section)

Do you know the frequency for a telewest area?

dont know where you are, is that correct for your area according to list.
If not give the jumper trick another couple of goes (did take me 3 times)
if not it will have to be the funcard method im afraid. Or more complicated connecting to computer and using libby program

Tuning Sequence Related Errors

Er10_ Unable to Tune to Last frequency
Er11_ Unable to Tune to Home Frequency
Er12_ Unable to Tune to any of the last NIT defined frequencies
Er13_ Unable to scan for a frequency
Er14_ Unable to scan for a symbol rate
Er16_ Unable to tune to hardcoded frequency

If this box is from a different area you'll need to set the net id and frequency

Cur1y

dont know where you are, is that correct for your area according to list.
If not give the jumper trick another couple of goes (did take me 3 times)
if not it will have to be the funcard method im afraid. Or more complicated connecting to computer and using libby program

Its not the correct netid for my area

Tuning Sequence Related Errors

Er10_ Unable to Tune to Last frequency
Er11_ Unable to Tune to Home Frequency
Er12_ Unable to Tune to any of the last NIT defined frequencies
Er13_ Unable to scan for a frequency
Er14_ Unable to scan for a symbol rate
Er16_ Unable to tune to hardcoded frequency

If this box is from a different area you'll need to set the net id and frequency

Cur1y

It was working in the same telewest area before it got knocked aff 2 months ago when the the cable companys changed the keys or something IIRC, all the settings are correct except for the netid.

How much will it cost for someone to set the correct netid for me with a funcard?

Have you not got a card programmer, if not you can buy basic ones on ebay for about £12 or if not someone local to you might be able to help but they will have to know what area your in

Have you not got a card programmer, if not you can buy basic ones on ebay for about £12 or if not someone local to you might be able to help but they will have to know what area your in

Think i'll need to find someone to do it for me.

Its still on old ntl software, says bootloder v2.5.

Maybe that is the problem?

Back