Pace 4010 4000 Macro Done

can you not get a macro from a working box and dump it to that one ???
or the tut floating about is only ways m8

4000 Macro

AND I AM NOT GETTING ANY MOVIE CHANNELS ANY IDEAS ?

Thanks

I had the same problem on a 4000n in ex c*w and found that when I ran the macro it didn't work. There is a post on here that mentions that when another member ran the macro it set his net id to 41047, it did this to mine the first time I ran it so I took the nvram battery out of the board for 5 mins to reset it and looked in the macro for references to 41047 (hex A057), I found that the only place within the macro where these 2 byte appear together is at BYTE 0x21101C60 = $57 and BYTE 0x21101C61 = $A0. I searched and read further and found a macro specifically for 41048, if I was correct about the macro then them bytes should contain $58 and $A0 and they did. As an experiment I ran the unaltered 4000 public macro found on this forum on the completely reset 4000 and this reset the net id to default, 09999, set the net id via funcard method and let it take the update hit, red button still did not work as I am not in the 41047 area. I then reset the box again and entered my own net id hex into these bytes (Eg. if net id is 41060 the BYTE 0x21101C60 would be $64 and BYTE 0x21101C61 = $A0) and ran the macro yet again, bingo, after a few minutes in stream the PIN function worked perfectly. As I am a just starting studying this part of the system I may be in error but it worked for me, and to make sure I reset the box yet again and ran my adjusted macro agin, reset net id, did update, PIN working again so as the PIN function was working I have taken a complete dump of the 4000 nvram for future use if needed. Any members on here with a greater understanding of this please feel free to correct me if I am wrong but it worked for me.

Any chance a more knowledgeable member could pm the bytes containing the net id and pin, am not lazy but have just spent the best part of a week trawling through lines of code and experimenting and cant face any more for now.

Hope this helps

Regards

Muskrat

Last edited:
Could have but ......

could you nopt just right those two commands after the macro had finished !

Hi Waynemcfc,

I could have done that but I wanted to run the macro unaltered a number of times as I have read reports on here that some people did not get it work first time, also for my own research I wanted to reproduce the conditions repeatedly and check the results, then I ran my altered macro and checked my results.

Now that I know what I did and the results I would say it would be possible to poke these values after the macro had run but why not just change the two values in the macro and run it, thereby creating my own macro for a Pa*e box.

I have started another thread to ask a number of questions one of which is, is the 4000 macro on here Net ID dependant as I have tried this method this and found this to work.

Another reason for all the time I spent was if I wasn't doing this then I would have to talk to the wife :FRIGHT: lol...... No contest mate, at least while I'm talking to myself whilst messing about I get a sensible answer, pmsl.

Regards

Muskrat

Muskrat;
I've been trying to get my head round this pin thing all day, reading your very informative post have filled in some of the gaps, namely the net id thing.

Why use 2 stones, when you can get 2 birds with 1.

By the way, have you found the location of the net id / pin location in the Sammy 2100 macro?

Last edited:
Sammy

Muskrat;
I've been trying to get my head round this pin thing all day, reading your very informative post have filled in some of the gaps, namely the net id thing.

Why use 2 stones, when you can get 2 birds with 1.

By the way, have you found the location of the net id / pin location in the Sammy 2100 macro?

Hi Shrek,

Glad to be of some help mate. The sammy macro is called nonet because it does not change your Net ID, I ran it unaltered on the 2100c/exc*w and restored pin function with no problems at all.

There are far more knowledgeable members on here who would be happy to help but if I can help further please let me know.

[EDIT] Because the sammy macro does not change the Net ID I did NOT reset the NVram before I ran the macro and it worked fine

Regards

Muskrat

Last edited:
Just ordered universal jtag from jabs, had the pogo 1 before didn't fancy holding it in position for half an hour.

I'll be giving this macro lark a go when I receive the jtag.

Just ordered universal jtag from jabs, had the pogo 1 before didn't fancy holding it in position for half an hour.

I'll be giving this macro lark a go when I receive the jtag.

Good on yer mate, the way I learn is to have a go and see what happens.

Regards

Muskrat

Hi m8's.............I have tried to enable the red button on a 4000n in exc area using the 4000.mac.

After uploading the mac, I use a funcard to set netid and pin......all OK.

After the box has rebooted and updated I am able to go to the movies and press red button and a box appears........"please wait, blah,blah,blah" and the thing stops here for about 2 mins and the pin boxes never appear.......does anyone have any idea to the problem or does anyone have a 4000i mac from a working box in the exc area.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Try reading Muskrat's post #6 of this thread, the answer you seek is there.
You do not need to set the net id with funcard, if you follow the instructions in post.

Last edited:
thanks shrek m8............i'm following everything previously stated to the letter and still no pin screen appear, I'll go through it step by step so perhaps I doing something obvious;

1. Reset box by pulling red cap and battery for few mins

2. use public 4000 macro with mods as 0x21101C60 = $67 0x21101C61 = $ A0

3. update box using ocd, last line at finish is 0x211FFFF = $0

4. connect box to cable and check emu (net id is 09999 nothing has changed)

5. reboot system and nothing happens for a long time.

6. At this point I can set the netid and pin using funcard - if I want but the pin is not accepted on movie screen.

7. Movies works because movies family works without pin

Thanks for any help recd

Its quite strange as I just did a 4010 ,doing the same things you did , with success. I even used a Jtag I built myself.

Macro

I'm in a exc & w area, are you in pure??

Hi Bignbold,

I have been messing around with the 4000n again doing some more research into interogating the 62128 chip (NVram) in the pace boxes. While I had the pin function working I took a dump (not that sort, lol) of the NVram so I have a working dump from a 4000n.

I will be messing around some more later having reset the 4000 back to its virgin state so I will be reloading the macro and checking it's working again, if it does work ok you are welcome to a copy of the macro mate, I'm in ex c*w and the macro doesn't change your net id so the procedure is, pull jumper/battery for 5 mins, replace jumper/battery, run macro, use funcard to set netid, take update hit, put operational card back into box, wait 5 mins or so ( a good pointer is to keep flicking to E4 and see if the BB live red dot comes up in corner), if red dot is there on 144 then press red button or try a movie channel and you should know if it's worked within seconnds. Am now working on the macro for changing the net id whilst the jtag is still attached will let you know how I get on, but if macro for red button works ok will pm you and if you need a copy, give me a shout.

Regards

Muskrat

thanks shrek m8............i'm following everything previously stated to the letter and still no pin screen appear, I'll go through it step by step so perhaps I doing something obvious;

1. Reset box by pulling red cap and battery for few mins

2. use public 4000 macro with mods as 0x21101C60 = $67 0x21101C61 = $ A0

3. update box using ocd, last line at finish is 0x211FFFF = $0

4. connect box to cable and check emu (net id is 09999 nothing has changed)

5. reboot system and nothing happens for a long time.

6. At this point I can set the netid and pin using funcard - if I want but the pin is not accepted on movie screen.

7. Movies works because movies family works without pin

Thanks for any help recd

After doing the above mod but with local id, I ended up with net id 09999 even though the box was on local net id.

After doing the above mod but with local id, I ended up with net id 09999 even though the box was on local net id.

it wont work m8, {alter the netid bytes at the mentioned addresses and your netid will just go to default or it wont alter it atall}
further down the dump is the "crc value"or somekind of hash for the netid bytes at the mentioned netid addresses {if you alter the netid bytes, you have to calculate the crc value further down the dump}
as far as i know, no-one has been able to calculate this yet ?

if you just want to reset your netid after running an out of area dump, jtag these addresses off a box with the correct netid details for your area. start/0x21121400--end 0x21122360 <<<you should end up with a small macro for reseting your netid after running an out of area nvram dump

Back