emachines EZ1601 all in one boot problem

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a emachines EZ1601 all in on e PC thats booting but no display. When I boot it makes all the right noises but after a very short time I get a windows logo the repair in progress then it goes blank. It's also a funny colour say pinkish as though a vga cables half hanging out but this is an all in one. Sometimes I dont get the repair message and I can here it boot but again no display.
I've tried a Hirens CD in the drive and USB boot just to see if by chance is set to boot for either but no joy. Is there anything I can try other than terwat it with a hammer and give it back to my m8?

Disconnect the hard drive and start it up. Should give a message saying boot drive not found or similar. This is really just to test the display, if the error message appears and stays steady then monitor and graphics probably ok and is perhaps just a corrupt operating system or dodgy hard drive.

I have a emachines EZ1601 all in on e PC thats booting but no display. When I boot it makes all the right noises but after a very short time I get a windows logo the repair in progress then it goes blank. It's also a funny colour say pinkish as though a vga cables half hanging out but this is an all in one. Sometimes I dont get the repair message and I can here it boot but again no display.
I've tried a Hirens CD in the drive and USB boot just to see if by chance is set to boot for either but no joy. Is there anything I can try other than terwat it with a hammer and give it back to my m8?
Thanks, I just tried that and I just get a very quick, split second picture on screen of the machines logo then nothing it goes to a blank screen. The only other thing is, the logo if an off colour like pinkish like a display or graphics problem, are these an on board graphics ?. And you know what, I got asked at crimbo would I take a look and me been clever sod said yeah, no prob, easy m8 thinking he would forget,

he didn't

If you have a cheapo compatible graphics card it would override the onboard graphics, doesn't account for the repair files error though. When it comes to friends or customers they rarely tell the truth and actually know a lot more than they say.
Perhaps 2 separate faults so I would be wondering if someone's had a play.

You can always tell if onboard or graphics card fitted, the card will be using an expansion slot. Oops, all-in-one, it's onboard shitty graphics and I suspect not possible to fit card,unsure.

OK thanks, it does boot as you here the windows sound but dead. I'll send it him back or tell him get a screen I've seen for £20 and try that. I think my m8's know I'm a soft touch when I'm p*ssed, it's the only time they ask

OK thanks, it does boot as you here the windows sound but dead. I'll send it him back or tell him get a screen I've seen for £20 and try that. I think my m8's know I'm a soft touch when I'm p*ssed, it's the only time they ask

I used to get that. I used to reinstall PCs and laptops for a £10 bottle of wine to drink in the club while I played snooker. Not just OS and drivers but software, Office, all sorts.

Get laptops off people with faulty HDDs, that they only tell you about later, after you've tried to install OS three times. Or they've had water on them.

"Can you just have a look at..." - Turns into three Saturdays plus...

Its ending up like that with me, the only time I meet m8s are at the football, out on the lash, nights out then weddings, birthdays all that.

Basically ales always involved and thats when I get asked. Why I agree I just dont know, I think I agree thinking "They'll forget but they never do.

Back