Overclocker's returns

jsls18712

Inactive User
Reaction score
I would like to say sorry in advance this is a long one

I ordered a motherboard from overclocker's found it didn't work so I returned saying I wanted a refund. Which they agreed to any way a day latter they tried to return the board to me after charging me £20 for the privalige . I phoned up and Spoke to customer services and said I didn't want the board back as I have replacement, I said I was entitled to a refund under Distance selling regulations as I was well within the seven days and their reply "the product has been used therefore is excluded from the regulation" I asked "how do you know the motherboard was used?" and I got one of the most Technical replies I have ever heard "because their is signs" so I asked "what are the signs?" to which I got "there are just signs" at which point I got very annoyed and asked for a manger or someone who knows what they are talking about, guess what none are available so I asked for a call back (I still have never had the call back) I phoned city link and rejected the delivery and got my credit card changed ( so I could be charged again) Iphoned up again same story as last time. So I have given the Details the credit card company to investigate. They have sent the board again I have rejected it and emailed them.

Good Evening

You have sent this motherboard out to me again I do not want I requested the a refund under the Distance selling act this has not been done I have rejected the Motherboard twice I shall now be rejecting it a third time. I have informed my Credit card company of the issue which they are investigating. I will phone City Link tommorw to reject the delivery again, I do not want the Motherboard to be sent back out to me but I do want My Money back. I have phoned twice and asked for a manager to speak but none have been availqable I asked for one to call me back but none have.

If you wish to phone me up regarding the refund of my money then my number is
XXXXXXXXXX if not then please wait for Credit card company to contact you.

Regards
Jon

Dear Jon

This board was not sent under the distance selling regulation, but was sent back as a faulty item. We have no notification for it being sent back under the DSL however a RMA was created for a defective board.

Regards,

Richard Green

Dear Richard Green,

Thank you for your email, as I mentioned in my previous message please contact me on XXXXXXXXXXX to discuss my refund if you are not willing to refund my money then please wait for Credit card company to contact your company. I am more than disgusted with the Customer Service I have received, I would be willing to speak to a manger but none are around and none phone me back when I have asked. I have phoned City Link this morning rejecting the delivery.

Regards,
Jon Scott

Dear Jon

As has been stated before Sir, the item was originally reported as faulty. This leads me to believe the board has been used anyway in which case distance selling regulations do not apply.

Regards,

andrew mountford

Dear Andrew Mountford

Thanks you for your reply, I think you may be intrested in the Distance Selling regulations PDF for businesses which can be found http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft698.pdf

I would like to point section 3.38
Q)Can consumers cancel an order in any circumstances?

A)Unless you have agreed that they can, your consumers cannot cancel if the order is for:
audio or video recordings or computer software that the customer has unsealed

As we both know a Motherboard is Computer Hardware not Software

and section 3.58
Q) Can I insist that consumers who cancel an order within the cancellation period return the goods as new or in their original packaging?

A)3.58 No. Consumers are under a duty to take reasonable care of the goods while in their possession as discussed in paragraph 3.44. The DSRs allow consumers to examine goods they have ordered as they would in a shop. If that requires opening the packaging and trying out the goods then they have not breached their duty to take reasonable care of the goods. In these circumstances you cannot insist that consumers return the goods as new or in their original packaging.
You may ask consumers to return goods with the original packaging, but you cannot insist on this. In the case of goods such as earrings that have hygiene seals, you may require consumers to exercise reasonable care by not removing the seals when examining them.

So as I have stated before if you wish to call me regarding my refund or a manger to call me regarding my refund then you may contact me on XXXXXXXXXXX

Regards,
Jon

This is where it currently stands I waiting to hear from the credit card company or overclockers.

Has any one else had a similar problems.

Thanks for reading my gripe

Jon

Surely if you requested RMA for faulty item you have the right for a refund? I know ebuyer give you a option for replacement or refund is this not the case with overclockers? Do they just assume you want a replacment item?

I havent had any problems with overclockers in the past but I will keep a eye on the thread to see how they go about it and resolve the issue.

If I was them I would just issue a full refund and give you free P+P on your next order :D but I doubt this will happen.

ROFL!

Nice read.....

Not suprised Overclockers have not replied after you pointed out the law. They will have 5 managers sat round a table now wondering what the hell to do.

I won't use Overclockers UK - heard too many horror stories. (and there a rip off)

If you want too give the MD/manging director some shit.

you can find him here he hangs around on this the pistionheads forum. useing Spie as his user name

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/profile.asp?memberId=22676&tab=0&h=0&f=0&t=0

is that a link to another forum m8 :mod:

error error this is not aloud danger danger remove it

Last edited:
Bizarre, as far as i can see Overclockers don't have a leg to stand on, wether you used it or not is irrelevant as it would need to be 'used' in order to discover that it's faulty, I'm quite suprised at the treament you're getting aswell, I had dealings with Overclockers a few years ago regarding a graphics card, but in my case they couldn't replace it with the same model so they gave me the next model up!

not exatly a link to a forum as such.

its a link to the managing director of overclockers profile on a forum he use.

im shaw in this case as the managers are hiding from this guy

the mods wont mine me posting the link

as for the forum it sucks :D

ps re the problem with the mother board
even if it want via distance selling

hes still intital to a full refund under the sales of goods act as it not fit for the purpose it was sold for
and its only a few days old

just ring the muppets up and tell them to pay the refund or you file a county court judgment against em
if they dont send same warning in writing via recorded mail given em 14days to pay.

if they dont go file a claim at your local small claims court

just ring the muppets up and tell them to pay the refund or you file a county court judgment against em
if they dont send same warning in writing via recorded mail given em 14days to pay.

if they dont go file a claim at your local small claims court

Good advice. They won't want the hassle.

I have bought loads of stuff from them over the years - never had a problem like this.

Well I got a reply from Overclocker's telling me to email the manager direct with my problem and that was it, no I will forward this on to a manger or I will get a manger to call you back. I have told the credit card company disputes team who said not to bother they will claim the complete sum back from Overclocker's Bank (for once the credit card company is getting money back for me and not taking from me:p )

So I shall wait and see

Back