openbox s9 or skybox f3

pspmixer

Inactive User
Reaction score
looking to buy a openbox s9 or skybox f3
which one is best and why
im also going to buy a usb wifi adapter to use with this box
im not buying networks plugs as ive had them before and feel there aint that good

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: openobox s9 or skybox f3

Cant advise on the openbox s9 but I have the F3 and it is a great box. In relation to the wifi I use homeplugs without any problems. It would be very likely you would get problems with the wifi adapter if you were previously having problems with homeplugs which i feel are alot more reliable. Also using a wifi dongle uses up your usb slot on the box so takes away recording to a usb drive on the box if you have any interest in recording on it

I would recommend Skybox F3. Interface looks more slicker.

The wi-fi dongle option is easy to setup but not found it to be as reliable.

I have used homeplugs and have had better performance with them.

same here f3 all the way also more user friendly

i agree with faisalpandu & biffo1 mate so easy to setup and use u cant go wrong for £50 mate

ok thanks will look to get one with home plugs any good makes on them

I got belkin homeplugs and never had any issues mate

looking to buy a openbox s9 or skybox f3
which one is best and why
im also going to buy a usb wifi adapter to use with this box
im not buying networks plugs as ive had them before and feel there aint that good

hello
pspmixer

the thing about home plugs is they run though your wiring ( you plug in at rooter and again at your tv/box ) and if your wiring betewn your rooter and tv/box point is in the same circuit then the home plug will work fine but if they are on difrent circuits, the home plug is sending its signal though your maine board and will give you problems.
with the wifi adapter you can have simaler problems as the wifi is sent via fm signal and if you have the wifi adapter to far away from your rooter or there is to many wall's betewn the wifi and rooter you can have problems, having said that imo the wifi adaptor in most cases iv seen can work better but its all down to your setup.
as for s9 or f3 is Personal Choice, imo the s9 would be best but thats because i have one and has never let me down but the f3 is newer and will have more Support in times to come.
hope this helps

lets get it right homeplugs can be run on any circuit wether it a ring main or radial as long as sender and reciever plugs are plugged into same fuseboard, been using these for a few years without any probs. also u can normally mix and match homeplugs meaning ur not suck to just one manufacture cos they all adhere to the same frequency output/input. u may find though that the more popular brands may have things in place to prevent cross branding, meaning ur forced to purchase there brand if ur ever to upgrade to more units!

hello
pspmixer

the thing about home plugs is they run though your wiring ( you plug in at rooter and again at your tv/box ) and if your wiring betewn your rooter and tv/box point is in the same circuit then the home plug will work fine but if they are on difrent circuits, the home plug is sending its signal though your maine board and will give you problems.
with the wifi adapter you can have simaler problems as the wifi is sent via fm signal and if you have the wifi adapter to far away from your rooter or there is to many wall's betewn the wifi and rooter you can have problems, having said that imo the wifi adaptor in most cases iv seen can work better but its all down to your setup.
as for s9 or f3 is Personal Choice, imo the s9 would be best but thats because i have one and has never let me down but the f3 is newer and will have more Support in times to come.
hope this helps

lets get it right homeplugs can be run on any circuit wether it a ring main or radial as long as sender and reciever plugs are plugged into same fuseboard, been using these for a few years without any probs. also u can normally mix and match homeplugs meaning ur not suck to just one manufacture cos they all adhere to the same frequency output/input. u may find though that the more popular brands may have things in place to prevent cross branding, meaning ur forced to purchase there brand if ur ever to upgrade to more units!
thanks for that didnt knwo you could mix and match with certain brands

So you are looking to buy an Openbox S9 but are also selling an Openbox S9 :?

Care to clarify?

So you are looking to buy an Openbox S9 but are also selling an Openbox S9 :?

Care to clarify?

yes got some for sale but my friend whats one and heard alot about the f3 boxs so thought id see which one people prefer

yes got some for sale but my friend whats one and heard alot about the f3 boxs so thought id see which one people prefer

Hmm that's not what you say in your first post!

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

i can confitrm that homeplugs work anywhere in the house..i have my router in the attic...my vu+duo downstairs living room connected with tp link homeplugs....duo working perfectly...oh by the way get tp link homeplugs here...cheap...HERE however i cannot stream to my android htc phone with dreamdroid...connects fine to my router..can see all channel boquets...but just stays on buffering when trying to view a channel..

@pspmixer......how much are you selling the s9 for ?.....pm me...

Last edited:

Hmm that's not what you say in your first post!

and what its only a question to see which people prefer or would recommend

i can confitrm that homeplugs work anywhere in the house..i have my router in the attic...my vu+duo downstairs living room connected with tp link homeplugs....duo working perfectly...oh by the way get tp link homeplugs here...cheap...HERE however i cannot stream to my android htc phone with dreamdroid...connects fine to my router..can see all channel boquets...but just stays on buffering when trying to view a channel..

@pspmixer......how much are you selling the s9 for ?.....pm me...
ok p.m sent

and what its only a question to see which people prefer or would recommend

And probably wouldn't even have noticed only according to your ad today you were selling 50 of them

This isn't entirely accurate.

Homeplugs can be run on any circuit, however they can be subject to interference from the consumer unit. Everyone's ring main is different and there is no way of telling until you try if they are suitable. Additionally some units perform better than others i.e. I couldn't get a stable connection on Belkin 1Gbps HomePlugs, but had no issues with Billion 200Mpbs (different chipsets)

Homeplugs cannot just be mix and matched, they have to have the same chipset (i.e. intellon 6300) to be able to communication with each other, additionally they have to be the same speed (85Mbps, 200Mbps etc). Brand does not matter as long as they circuitry is the same.

Last edited:
And probably wouldn't even have noticed only according to your ad today you were selling 50 of them

i still im thats why there still on here for sale
this thread was just see which people prefer an if people prefer f3 over s9 then my friend will get an f3 an il sell other s9's off

this thread was just see which people prefer an if people prefer f3 over s9 then my friend will get an f3 an il sell other s9's off

Would have been easier to have explained that in your initial post ;)

And you were told not to?

We don't allow traders on here,the classifieds are only there for members to sell a few bits and pieces every now and again

Back