openbox S9 hd pvr

use the serial loader, connect it up, start the program then switch the box on, it wont work unless you switch the box on straight after you start the flash.

got this box today
found fta channels fine
what should we consider when we buy the cline?
i tested a couple and it took a long time to open after changing the channel.(few seconds)
is this related to my internet speed or is this something with ccam server?
pls guide

use the serial loader, connect it up, start the program then switch the box on, it wont work unless you switch the box on straight after you start the flash.

Just got a cable from Maplin but can't find any bootloader software.

Just got a cable from Maplin but can't find any bootloader software.

This what you looking for mate ??

Ste

edit:

just re read what you wrote.... can you not use this program, load in the file below and click the bootloader checkbox ??

Ste

Last edited:
Any verdict on this HD box yet? Is it good value for the money and is it reasonably well supported ~ If so, I think I'll get one ~ any of your views will be appreciated.:Clap:

Any verdict on this HD box yet? Is it good value for the money and is it reasonably well supported ~ If so, I think I'll get one ~ any of your views will be appreciated.:Clap:

The box is good, very cheap compared to its competitors the epg is shite only now and next but not too bothered

Box is very easy to setup and flash, there is no channel editor that works properly at the moment so that can be annoying but again nothing too serious.

Recording is good but can only record and watch 1 program at a time as its only 1 tuner (might be able 2 watch a channel on same transponder but not tried)

The box isnt open so its not like a dreambox where you can change and add different thing but i'v never had a dreambox so dont know what i'm missing lol

Ste

I have had a email today from kecywan and when the engineers get back from holiday the cccam config file character limit will be put right so more than 18 characters can loaded so the support is still ongoing and the epg has improved

edogg

you can still enter a ccam longer than 18 if you dump the .cfg file to a usb and enter it manualy...

@ edogg

I have had a email today from kecywan and when the engineers get back from holiday the cccam config file character limit will be put right so more than 18 characters can loaded so the support is still ongoing and the epg has improved

edogg

hi m8, have u had a dm800hd? on the dreambox i can download up to date channel lists from the box itself. i use the likra bouquets. can this be done using this box?

stef

Re: @ edogg

hi m8, have u had a dm800hd? on the dreambox i can download up to date channel lists from the box itself. i use the likra bouquets. can this be done using this box?

stef

Its a closed box. You cant use plugins for it

how do u get channel lists on it then? can u ftp to the box to put your own bouquets on?

no ftp'n unfortunately. You scan your channels and then use the channel editor to make up your favourites. Its a very basic box, this is why i was commenting about the epg before. Its a great little box though for the price.

thanks for that Ste03 and g3o, its back up and running again.

Well I've took the plunge and ordered from maxsat. Can't wait to start messing about with box. Is it easy to enter the c line ? Ie if its longer than 18 characters ?

Regards
Yosser

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Yehh its easy mate, just plug in a usb and go to the menu and click dump and choose specific files and dump the cccam.cfg and then open the dumped file in notepad add in your line and save and then reverse the above process

Ste

I've decided to take the plunge too and ordered from Maxsat yesterday, anybody know how long they take to deliver as my order is still pending when i log into my maxsat account.

By the way thanks for the info guys, I was in two minds about the openbox and this thread persuaded me to buy one.

scrub the above , my order is now showing as being dispatched and I've recieved a tracking number for DHL.
Hows that for timing.

i can confirm maxsat are legit from my experience. Mine arrived today :) updated, channels scanned - alot quicker than my tm600 does them and cline added. On prob ive had was the issues with the multiple same channel; where some cause the box to reboot.

I just need a decent channel list and this box is quality.

If the epg even got to a full day of programs, this box would be awesome.

well worth the money when you consider a bush hd box is £70 and ths can do so much more.

For a hundred quid delivered it is a high definition pvr receiver worth having.
_http://www.maxsat.co.uk/satellite-receivers-openbox-receiver-p-89.html?osCsid=5f09b674277e4cb27039c5672f324652

Yep its not going to suit everyone and the lack of full epg means its not the same as having freesat or a digibox or a dreambox. So buy your tv listing mag or use online tv guides or use your iphone to see whats on.

This receiver suits users who want the cheapest simple start in satellite & sharing. 100 quid plus your share costs... HD channels with great images, PVR recording, all the channels your dish & server provide. Its a winner :)

Hi Everyone

What's the box like when running CCcam does it freeze alot or is it like the Spiderbox needs a reboot to connect again

Back