openbox S9 hd pvr

Power off, Plug out the satellite lead from the back of the box. Then power up the box, go into channel manager and delete the channel that is causing problems. Plug satellite wire back in and away you go

you chose the wrong firmware try sep oct

edogg

ok cheers, yes finally iv sorted the channles, just wanted to ask when i put the box in standby, it makes like a funny squeaking noise! almost like a hardrive spinning! but as soon as i turn it on it goes, away, does anybody else have this problem? or does it make a buzzing or humming noise? when in standby??

Well, I just got hold of the November firmware today, and it still goes into its reboot routine, so I dontb think it has been fixed, also, when I scan, alot of the channels are missing and a lot of the transponders fail, so I think there is a problem with it locking onto the transponders.

Well, I just got hold of the November firmware today, and it still goes into its reboot routine, so I dontb think it has been fixed, also, when I scan, alot of the channels are missing and a lot of the transponders fail, so I think there is a problem with it locking onto the transponders.

you are the only one i have heard of with the reboot problem it is not a software problem this has been fixed for atleast 3 releases now you need to look at the hardware either your feed cable, sat position or the box itself or the server

edogg

you are the only one i have heard of with the reboot problem it is not a software problem this has been fixed for atleast 3 releases now you need to look at the hardware either your feed cable, sat position or the box itself or the server

edogg
Nothing wrong with any of them mate, The cable from the dish is sound, and i have tried it moving around and swapping it with other boxes around the house, either the $ky HD box or my Technomate, its on a fixed sat position and the server is in my house all using 192.168 IP addresses.
It does it on Sky SPorts News, Sky Sports 1, 2 and 3 and it seems to be a problem if they are duplicated channels?

Now, with the November firmware I am trying out as a test, it only scans to about 579 channels, so there are about 400 missing, in comparison to my technomate. On certain transponders, the signal is down to 5% when the LNB is set to Universal 9500 - 10600 but, if I set the LNB to 9500 the signal goes up to 85%, so I think they are still a fair way off a decent firmware.

I dont know then your box must be faulty because i go to 4 forums and nobody has had problems with duplicate channels since september update try deleting all channels and doing a blind scan on single satellite

Why can't you just use a channel list with the rogue duplicates already taken out?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I dont know then your box must be faulty because i go to 4 forums and nobody has had problems with duplicate channels since september update try deleting all channels and doing a blind scan on single satellite
Done a blind scan on a single sat and I get about 6 Sky Sports 1 and a few 2,3 and 4, a few News and a load of $1243 and so on?

Just going to try with a different fw and see if that make any difference.

Why can't you just use a channel list with the rogue duplicates already taken out?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I was testing out the November FW, looking for faults, seems like I have found a few. Just going to put on the September FW and see if the faults go so I know for sure.

Mmm, SOmething starnge here, same problem with old firmware, I get a Sh1t load of channels saying $ch and numbers, but on a blind scan it onnly gets upto about 580 channels with about 300 of them duplicated?

Might be another sending back to the mainland!!!

hi flash your box with this image dont do a scan just try it with the channels sorted as is then if it works dump the channel list to usb it is called TP_something then flash with the new soft ware posted by hooley today in the firmware section then upload the TP_ file and everything should be fine if it isn't then it is a hardware problem

edogg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=38SSY0RC

Thanks. I put it on and went through the channels, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 21, 23, 24, 32, 34, 41, 42 and 46 show no signal, I could not be bothered to carry on after that as I think it confirms its a buggered tuner!!

Email to Kessy I think.

Cheers

Thanks. I put it on and went through the channels, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 21, 23, 24, 32, 34, 41, 42 and 46 show no signal, I could not be bothered to carry on after that as I think it confirms its a buggered tuner!!

Email to Kessy I think.

Cheers

ok good luck you will have to strip the circuit board out and just send that back it should be about £5 to £6

I had to send one back last week as the network chip was faulty, Cost £5.51 to send to china, I got an email to say it was fixed, but was going to cost about $30 to send back, Bit cheaky considering it was a faulty chip on there board?

yeah she quoted me $19 postage on a new remote their postage is very high must be taken to the post office by roller

Back