oops i think ive killed it

will8791

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all
yesterday i took the plunge and got myself a dm800 se clone, this morning i thought while i was fresh headed i would have a go at trying to get the little beauty working.
anyways for some stupid unknown reason i decided to update the box from the on screen menu and now left with a boot loop iof a green screen. any help would be great as dont really want to wake the mrs up and tell her we have a new door stop thanks in advance

hi all
yesterday i took the plunge and got myself a dm800 se clone, this morning i thought while i was fresh headed i would have a go at trying to get the little beauty working.
anyways for some stupid unknown reason i decided to update the box from the on screen menu and now left with a boot loop iof a green screen. any help would be great as dont really want to wake the mrs up and tell her we have a new door stop thanks in advance

Hello mate,boy you have not had a good start,but you did the same as i as soon as i got my box and thinking you are doing the right thing.
firstly clone boxes 90% of the time can not be updated via menus as you now know but this is also dependent on the image/firmware you have on the box as there are a couple that can be updated..right lets sort you out..

Firstly the only way to go is you need to re flash an image to your box to get it back to normal.and if this is your first clone box then you will need alot of help.
you will need to download the image of your choice(i recommend a openpli based image)..you are going to need to download the latest bootloader.SSL 84b.
the bootloader must always match your image.you will need to download dreamup patched.everything is available in downloads.Also sim type must match image
you will need computer as you have also a Ethernet cable and null modem cable.

recomended image:http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/down...-clone-images-3/openpli-2-1-gjstroom-332.html
bootloader ssl84b :http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/down...-images-3/bootloader-sim2_800se_ssl84b-4.html

WARNING...THESE ARE FOR DM800SE CLONE BOXES WITH SIM 210,PLEASE CHECK TO SEE WHAT SIM YOU HAVE BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING.

Last edited:
ok mate first off the bootloader which was on it was 84a and second i dont have a null cable (what ever that is)
i have found a thread on this forum where i put box into boot mode then type ip addy into ie then upload a file onto box from there. so if i do it this way do i really need the null modem cable thingy

okay if you have Ethernet cable connect box to router,turn off box and pull power for 10 secs or so.
Turn on box while holding down power button on front untill it says STOP on box display and see if an IP address appears.

follow this then https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/287036/

Last edited by a moderator:
it does mate and been to that addy and clicked on upgrade firmware but dont know where to get firmware from.
i followed this guide so far https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/287036/

The links in my post...or from downloads
BUT follow this first flash the bootloader ssl84b which is the latest..THEN PAGE BACK use the arows top left on page to the first flash page,Then load and flash firmware you want ..DO NOT SELECT AUTO REBOOT after flash is complete PAGE BACK AGAIN and flash the bootloader AGAIN...THEN REBOOT and all should be good.

AND THE REAL FUN BEGINS

The links in my post...or from downloads
BUT follow this first flash the bootloader ssl84b which is the latest..THEN PAGE BACK use the arows top left on page to the first flash page,Then load and flash firmware you want ..DO NOT SELECT AUTO REBOOT after flash is complete PAGE BACK AGAIN and flash the bootloader AGAIN...THEN REBOOT and all should be good.

AND THE REAL FUN BEGINS
so am i ok at putting 84b on the box as it came with 84a, sorry to be a pain in the arse mate and thankyou for all the support you are giving me

so am i ok at putting 84b on the box as it came with 84a, sorry to be a pain in the arse mate and thankyou for all the support you are giving me

Yes flash the latest ssl84b bootloader as all new images will use this bootloader,there are older bootloaders that serve older images but the latest is the best.you will get to learn all this on your journey
Dont worry mate been where you are now..and all here are happy to help.

did you check that you have sim 210

well on the little gold sticker underbox it says sim210 but on oled it says sim 2 when it first booted and since my mis-hap this morning on boot it says sim2+4

well on the little gold sticker underbox it says sim210 but on oled it says sim 2 when it first booted and since my mis-hap this morning on boot it says sim2+4

good stuff just follow what i wrote ref flashing..bootloader..go back..image(it will upload then flash so wait until finished)go back.bootloader again..reboot.

fantastic mate thanks, i cant download it at moment as i haven't made another posts for the forum, but like anything you have to earn what you want so time to help others on this forum out with what i know (which isn't much)

fantastic mate thanks, i cant download it at moment as i haven't made another posts for the forum, but like anything you have to earn what you want so time to help others on this forum out with what i know (which isn't much)

I think you need 10 posts i am not sure,it could be 5 what happens is the system will need to catch up so maybe try the downloads a little later..but i would encourage you use the downloads etc on here as they are used tested and trusted.
you can get this stuff elsewhere but you never know.

thanks mate i'm going to use the links youv'e gave me as you are the first person i have chatted to on this forum and you seem to know your stuff, also like you said earlier you've been in the same place as me and obviously managed to get out of it ok

thanks mate i'm going to use the links youv'e gave me as you are the first person i have chatted to on this forum and you seem to know your stuff, also like you said earlier you've been in the same place as me and obviously managed to get out of it ok

Yep i knew nothing with the help of the guys on here..I spent 3 days trying to sort my box out..i never slept i just could not leave it..i came on here and with the help of a few members mainly wiz and alot of patience i got there in the end..I have now had a few different boxes and learnt the stuff from help here and just experimenting and sticking with it...Once you have you box up and running then you can start to have fun..getting plugins/epg/bouquets OH the fun is just beginning.....but any problems just ask the folks on here are experts and very happy and willing to help.

i was that frustrated this morning mate but hopefully with the things you have gave me i can get it sorted and hopefully find it as easy as the skybox m3 as that was a peice of p*** to get up and running. but like anything if youve never worked on something before you have to get help and advice to be able to acheive

i was that frustrated this morning mate but hopefully with the things you have gave me i can get it sorted and hopefully find it as easy as the skybox m3 as that was a peice of p*** to get up and running. but like anything if youve never worked on something before you have to get help and advice to be able to acheive

you will get there mate..Then you will enjoy the fruits of your labour even more....Good luck.

thanks for all your help im back up and running just need to figure out how to put bouquets on the box.

thanks for all your help im back up and running just need to figure out how to put bouquets on the box.

Download Rats plugin from the downloads that is the best bouquet tool avail in my opinion. That will sort your bouquets for you ;)

there are a few channel lists out there to use
I would say use
Rat's Bouquet updater plugin, regularly updated

LraiZer's AutoBouquets scans the same as sky order

or you can use the 2 together :)

the other file you asked about :)
your line needs to go into a CCcam.cfg then this goes into /etc

Back